S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

What to do with race car

Old 07-22-2022 | 04:47 PM

Default What to do with race car

About 10 years ago I built this AP1 and had two engines rebuilt from fully functioning stock. Fully studded track engines.....bullet proof.... I used one for 2 seasons and parked the car with it running like a bat out of hell. The second engine is still wrapped.....never used. I understand that people don't generally race these engines anymore because they're too hard to rebuild. Don't know whether to part it out, sell it as a roller, or sell it running (as is). I would like to end up with a street stock S2K in the long run (getting old) and maybe blow it. Need to sell this car and spare engine first.

NASA Honda Challenge
Any feedback from current S2K racers is welcome.
Old 07-23-2022 | 05:44 AM
Member (Premium)
10 Year Member

If you want to sell it advertise it. Niche market since I assume this is not street legal. An auction site is an option.

-- Chuck
Old 07-23-2022 | 11:36 AM
10 Year Member

List it on BaT.

https://bringatrailer.com/race-car/

Make sure the auction ends on a weekend so it properly gets bid up.

Take proceeds, and check out all the nice street examples here.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/cars-sale-109/
Old 07-23-2022 | 12:33 PM

thanks for the lead
Old 07-23-2022 | 08:41 PM

I would like to end up with a street stock S2K in the long run
Would you be interested in trading for a AP2?
Im in the process of rebuilding one back to stock right now.
Old 07-23-2022 | 09:05 PM

You have the right idea but such a trade would require closer proximity. Thanks
Old 07-24-2022 | 09:43 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Rajjuhh
Would you be interested in trading for a AP2?
Im in the process of rebuilding one back to stock right now.
OP looks to have a very well sorted racecar built for a very specific ruleset at the time. It's an actual racecar (not a trackcar). From the looks of it (depending on the supporting mods), it looks like he can fetch enough money to buy one of the cleaner stock examples for $30K+ rather than picking up a modified car that was returned to stock.
Old 07-24-2022 | 12:47 PM
Member (Premium)
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Harry Ribs
About 10 years ago I built this AP1 and had two engines rebuilt from fully functioning stock. Fully studded track engines.....bullet proof.... I used one for 2 seasons and parked the car with it running like a bat out of hell. The second engine is still wrapped.....never used. I understand that people don't generally race these engines anymore because they're too hard to rebuild. Don't know whether to part it out, sell it as a roller, or sell it running (as is). I would like to end up with a street stock S2K in the long run (getting old) and maybe blow it. Need to sell this car and spare engine first.

NASA Honda Challenge
Any feedback from current S2K racers is welcome.
Hello,

What are the spec on the built spare engine? I cannot personal message you. What is a good email?
Old 07-24-2022 | 09:15 PM

Little-known benefit of the S2000 racecar: extra-long front fenders give room for URLs that just wouldn't fit on a lesser car.
Old 07-24-2022 | 11:01 PM

You're the only one that realizes it's a full on race car so far. If I respond to anyone that doesn't get that, it's an exercise to go through the build. Kind of long even if they know what a real race car is. Thanks for the encouraging review.

Quick Reply: What to do with race car