S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

What belts do you use with race seats on the street?

Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,399 Likes on 1,042 Posts

I have Recaro Pole positions. I use stock seat belts. You have to get a flexible seatbelt extension like the ones you use in the rear seats of other cars.

Civics/integras will not work as the belt for the back is not the same as the belt for the front.

Cars that I have found to work are Acura Legends and Mitsubishi eclipses. I have two eclipse belt extensions in my car now.

I had to make up a bracket to make the extensions actually sit high enough in the seat to work properly.

I will take pics to explain tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been wondering....

"Its unsafe to run an aftermarket rollbar without proper head gear. In the event of an accident, the 3pt system will allow body movement, possibly resulting in head injury. 4, 5, and 6 point restraints cause increased head forces, and should be used in conjunction with a Hans device. "

Understood!

What if you have a custom built rollbar, with proper fit and geometry. Cover said roll bar in high grade impact foam. Make composite impact structures to cover the impact foam. Wrap the covers in thin interior foam and have covered in your favorite fabric.

If this is applied to all potential locations for contact, could it provide similar results to tradition headgear/SFI rollbar case?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IMO its not an option. When your adding safety....H&R should be on the list. Just plan on it from the get go. Our cars are way to fast (not that it really matters how fast your going in order to become injured). We need to start setting the pace to build safer cars....not just faster cars.

A lot of my build is focusing around driver safety. Collapsible steering hub, head restraint seat, 6 point harness, and 4 point roll bar and of course....a HANS Device
Old 04-29-2009, 07:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rob.ok,Apr 29 2009, 01:14 AM
IMO its not an option. When your adding safety....H&R should be on the list. Just plan on it from the get go. Our cars are way to fast (not that it really matters how fast your going in order to become injured). We need to start setting the pace to build safer cars....not just faster cars.

A lot of my build is focusing around driver safety. Collapsible steering hub, head restraint seat, 6 point harness, and 4 point roll bar and of course....a HANS Device
Whats not an option? H&R? Are you doing a woodward collapsible steering column?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bride maxis iii with takata harness with a 4 point rollbar (harddog)

The following users liked this post:
StellaRed (03-13-2021)