S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Want to buy moton shocks, where to get them?

Old 03-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the front, you can feed the hose behind the fender liner and then through a hole in the sheet metal into the engine compartment. In the rear, I mounted the reservoirs to the upper control arm. I didn't see anywhere that you could feed them through into the trunk. You could drill a hole for the hose, but then you would have to drain the shock to remove it from the car.

A friend who recently purchased a set of the Motorsport shocks for a GT3 told me that the motorsport shocks have a huge range of adjustment, implying that the club sports do not. It would be nice if he was wrong, since the Club Sports are cheaper.

He also recommended Tony at TC Design.

The connector is probably a fitting that threads onto a Schrader valve and has a knob to depress the pin after the seal is made, so that pressure isn't lost when connecting and disconnecting. It might also have a built in gauge like the Penske tool I used last year.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:28 PM

With my JRZ's, for the fronts I just ran them under the fender well (down by the swaybar area) and up through the engine compartment and over to in front of the radiator; no need for cutting or drilling anything. For the rears, you have to drill holes from inside rear of fender well to inside trunk area. If you have quick-disconnects (which I don't like), the holes need only be larger than the outer diameter of the connector to go through (so much less than an inch). If you don'thave quick disconnects, then cut 2" holes so you can thread the entire canister, with hose connected, through the hole. There are different areas in the trunk where you can mount the canisters.

There are a few old threads you can search for for installing JRZ's etc. with remote canisters, with pics, and the accessories you should have (N2 tank and pressure gauge), where to get them etc.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote name='rlaifatt' date='Mar 19 2007, 10:28 PM'] If you have quick-disconnects (which I don't like), the holes need only be larger than the outer diameter of the connector to go through (so much less than an inch).
Old 03-19-2007, 09:43 PM

These are serious shocks for serious applications. If you are not willing to butcher your car to get their performance, then perhaps you should consider a different product.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:45 PM

In Solo Stock, you're allowed holes for routing the hoses, but not holes for stuffing the cannisters through.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 PM

[quote name='rlaifatt' date='Mar 20 2007, 12:43 AM']These are serious shocks for serious applications.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Orthonormal' date='Mar 19 2007, 10:15 PM
You could drill a hole for the hose, but then you would have to drain the shock to remove it from the car.
Draining them to remove them from the car, is not an issue, since I don't see a reason why I would do so. Unless it's for sending them to the shop to be revalved, in which case, they can "fill them right up".

My concern is mostly about installation. Would I have to drain them for installation too?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by rlaifatt' date='Mar 19 2007, 10:28 PM
There are a few old threads you can search for for installing JRZ's etc. with remote canisters, with pics, and the accessories you should have (N2 tank and pressure gauge), where to get them etc.
Tried the search function without success.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Naka' date='Mar 19 2007, 10:45 PM
Or, you can always find a smarter way to get all the performance out of them without "butching" a car.
Butching the interior?

You don't want to drill 2 holes in the trunk you can cover right back up w/ the carpet? I'm fearing you're just buying the motons for the bling factor.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by krazik' date='Mar 20 2007, 02:27 AM
I'm fearing you're just buying the motons for the bling factor.
You don't even know me and you are already assuming something based on my refusal to drill two 5 cm holes in the chassis of an otherwise pristine car. Covered or not. That, I think, is a very premature judgement from your part.

I already said it. The reason for the Motons, is because the car will be used on autocross, although it is mainly used in the street (only in the warm months/sunny days). Only mods since bought 6 years ago, had been front Comptech swaybar and an extra set of autocross wheels (BBS JDM). The worthless stereo had been upgraded with a quick-disconnect plug and tray to remove the amplifier and JBL bass for autocross events. Can't blame for that one. I couldn't hear a thing on the highway.

For butching, striping, cutting, welding, ripping, trashing, etc, I have a 1998 M3 that I track at least once a month. It has a rollbar, racing seats, suspension, etc.

For bling, I have a 2004 M3 that I ordered with only two factory options: Moonroof delete and SMG transmission. Modifications include chassis re-inforcements welded on the floor an D/A Koni coilovers from TC kline. That's it.

And for regular transportation/towing I use a 2006 X5 4.8is with ZERO mods, except for winter wheels/tires for the cold months.

I would not hesitate to drill the holes in the car if that was the ONLY way of doing it, or if it was a matter of safety. But neither of them apply. So why doing it? Just to prove to you that I'm not bling?

Well, if that's bling for you, then I'm sorry for being a riceboy and offend your personal taste. But that doesn't change the fact that I still need your help installing and choosing the right kind of Moton shocks.

I'm prettty sure that the helpful information that has and will be given here will help other buyers of high end suspensions, as well. Whether for bling or speed. That's beyond the point. It's their money after all. At the end, it's the knowledge that we all need.

Still, thanks a lot for participating in this thread.

Quick Reply: Want to buy moton shocks, where to get them?