S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

TT point

Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaku,Oct 16 2008, 04:30 AM
so pp race for nothing?
TT's aren't racing. It's a timed event like autox. Racing is wheel-2-wheel. Yes, you're on track with other cars and can pass, etc., but the goal is not to take the checkered flag first. The goal is to put together the best possible lap you can. Sometimes that means slowing down to space out.

Time Attacks are different than Time Trials. In TA's, you get a set number of laps with a couple of cars on the track at once. You are gridded by practice times and/or timed sessions. Time Trials is similar, however, you run for a set period of time with your best lap counting.

TA's are more for spectators, while I'd say TT's are for drivers that either don't have enough experience to get a racing license or can't afford a separate race car and all the associated costs with w-2-w racing.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HvRRZ,Oct 15 2008, 12:33 PM
Thankx for the input. Actually I'd be more then willing to get rid of the intake if what I've heard about the reflash is true. The main thing I like about the intake is not the power but how much smoother the car feels, and the responsiveness of it. The intake eliminated the dam lag the car had with the stock intake in place when you first go WOT.

I think I'll just get a CAT back exhaust system to drop a point and stay in TTC with +39.
The Reflash is well worth it, And if you could run a good header than do it, cuz the numbers i saw on the dyno with mid range were amazing, but do to my points i wasn't able to run with the J's header ran the stock header.

And as for winning nationals they gave me a Glass or crystal Plaque really nice. but honestly TT is not were its at, its fun as hell. but if your trying to make something out of racing then go buy a spec miata(I wouldn't do it) and see what you got.

If i could do it all over again i would leave the car exactly where it sat for nationals, and try it next year. but Miller is a hella ride from Miami,FL.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Oct 16 2008, 05:22 AM
TT's aren't racing. It's a timed event like autox. Racing is wheel-2-wheel. Yes, you're on track with other cars and can pass, etc., but the goal is not to take the checkered flag first. The goal is to put together the best possible lap you can. Sometimes that means slowing down to space out.

Time Attacks are different than Time Trials. In TA's, you get a set number of laps with a couple of cars on the track at once. You are gridded by practice times and/or timed sessions. Time Trials is similar, however, you run for a set period of time with your best lap counting.

TA's are more for spectators, while I'd say TT's are for drivers that either don't have enough experience to get a racing license or can't afford a separate race car and all the associated costs with w-2-w racing.
of course i know what TT is doing, my question was what's the rewards winning TT class?

i don't mean race is w2w, i just can't think of other words, so i should ask pp compete TT for nothing?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:41 AM

BRAGGIN RITES lol
Old 10-16-2008, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bragging rights for some people and most shops. I personally run TT because I know people have to be experienced to be in the group and I get mainly clean laps. I'm not sure how they do it in other regions, but we grid based on lap time in Norcal and Socal TT, so you know the guy in front of you is a little faster, so if you can follow his line and see if it improves yours.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PrOsPeCt S,Oct 16 2008, 12:32 PM
The Reflash is well worth it, And if you could run a good header than do it, cuz the numbers i saw on the dyno with mid range were amazing, but do to my points i wasn't able to run with the J's header ran the stock header.

And as for winning nationals they gave me a Glass or crystal Plaque really nice. but honestly TT is not were its at, its fun as hell. but if your trying to make something out of racing then go buy a spec miata(I wouldn't do it) and see what you got.

If i could do it all over again i would leave the car exactly where it sat for nationals, and try it next year. but Miller is a hella ride from Miami,FL.
I would love to add the header as well to get the real gains out of the reflash, but where would be the best place sacrifice points? Were you also running stock exhaust? Any chance you can pm me your set-up?

Funny you should mention spec miata because my buddy has one, and I think we'll be building it up just for that. Should be a fun little car when it's done.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:49 PM

ok this is what i have,
Toyo Ra1s 235/255
hondata reflash
3in header back exhuast.
Comptech FSB
KWV3s and the car at nationals weighed in at 2860 with me in it and a lil under half a tank of fuel.

I had to run the stock header due to points. Greg Greenbaum was not happy when i put 2 sec on him, i was instantly sent to the scales and to the dyno and they checked my points.

car weighed in @ 2865 and dynoed 224 on there dyno.

i think almost everyone in here already knows my setup
Old 10-16-2008, 01:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

As I was looking through the results of nationals and reading your response in the NASA forum, I do not see how they could change the points for the S2000. You are one car and one driver. There were other S2000's in both TTC & TTB that didn't run as fast as you. Fact is, you nailed the setup and learned the track quickly.

Now, do I think the AP2's have a slight advantage over the AP1's? Yes, but that's the nature of the game. Do I recognize that you drove your way to the championship? Yes I do.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:58 PM

and you want to know something skip, I can usually tell when the car is right on the money with setup. and the car never felt that way once @ nationals. I can usualy put the car where ever i want and it will stick.

But the way mid o is, its always changing. So i was always changing the shocks trying to get the car where i like it and i never felt that it was.

So i think the car had another half a sec if not a tad bit more.

and thanks for the comments, Alot of people i talked to after saturday was over, were really happy that I beat greg even the corvette guys were stoked.

I just wish there had been more s2000s in TTC @ nationals, that track was built for are cars no doubt.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In regards to the HKS coilovers...I think I may have made an error with the +7.

Now I know it's not #1, but do I follow #2. or is it a combination of #3 and #4?

Now do I go with #2 or a combination of #3 and #4? I'm hoping it's #3 and #4 so I can free up two more points. From the sound of it(and the pricing for the hks) it sounds like it would be #3 and #4 for +5

2) Non-OEM shocks/struts/dampers with a retail price of greater than $600 per unit ($2400 total) or $750 each if sold only as a coilover with spring included ($3000 total). Also

Quick Reply: TT point