S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

TT point

Old 10-13-2008, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody wanna calculate points for me?

AP2
shocks with remote reservoir
springs
cr lip
j's wing/frp trunk
clutch/flywheel
bucket seat
255 street tires
no weight reduction
Old 10-14-2008, 06:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaku,Oct 14 2008, 03:23 AM
anybody wanna calculate points for me?
http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Time-Tr...cation-form.pdf
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by 9kI4,Oct 14 2008, 02:08 AM
Skip - I could get rid of even more weight if I ran without the bsk, but I'm used to them, and 2575 is the min for HC. Congrats on the win by the way
Thanks. I still have a ways to go dialing in the suspension, but made progress each session. Still too soft though. In the one session I video'd(last one of the weekend), you can hear the car sing in left-handers. This was the first time without the BSK for me in some time. I do have the J's spacers for the driveshafts.

My original intent was to strip away as many points as possible in order to run Hoosiers next year. BSK gone. Muz underbrace gone(that thing had saved my oil pan at least 4 times). Stroker motor gone. EMS gone. Aftermarket exhaust gone. Header gone. TS front bumper gone. I believe that adding the stock exhaust back on and having the Shine hardtop helps lower my CG. Is it detectable? Dunno, but my brain thinks so. Over the winter, I may look at swapping some parts out and adding ballast, but not sure at this point.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Skip I did not know you had gotten rid of your stroker motor! What a shock...I was under the impression you were running strong with it. Did you do this mainly for points or did you run across issues?

What would you guys recommend would be an ideal level to start in Nasa events for someone who hasn't participated in them before? I know I'll be required to run some HP events which won't be an issue, but I'm not sure which TT class would be best for me. I guess I'm asking where you guys started and if you would have done things differently.

Also here is what I'm thinking:
Honda S2000 (2.2L)('04-'08) TTD** Weight-2855
Based off what I've found the car starts with +14, correct?

I'll be adding HKS Coilovers, and 255 tires all around. Not sure where that will put me in points. Along with..
Free Mods:
-Koyo Radiator
-Oil cooler
-okada coils
-AC and Condenser removal
-Lightweight Battery
-Airbag removal(aftermarket steering wheel)
-Remove spare/tools
-Remove floor mats
-Brake ducting
-SS brake lines
-Pads(undecided)
-Fidanza Flywheel
-gears

Still not sure if it will cost points to remove passenger seat, and add aftermarket driver seat??)
does a clutch add points?

There may be more down the line, but I figured this would be a great starting point. I'm curious if this still keeps me in TTD or bumps me to TTC. If I'm in TTC then I'll take advantage of some more points and add a few more mods.(exhaust,wing, sway bar, etc)
Old 10-14-2008, 07:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd recommend just going through the rules (or the checklist linked above) and checking off the ones that you're adding. I'm pretty sure you'll end up in TTC, just with what you've listed there, even if you're running street tires.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:34 AM

I'm late to meet a guy who can hopefully convert my .mov video to .avi, but the only thing one can add to an S2000 is a set of RA-1's no larger than 245mm and be able to stay in TTD, base class. Or you could run street tires and 5pts elsewhere, but you would be killed!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Was looking at the rules and am disappointed that the CR is in TTC**. If i'm reading that right, I can't have a FSB and R-comps (RA1's) without bumping me up to TTB! I don't know if the CR has that much of an advantage out of the box. I could see TTC +7 but +14 seems excessive.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Oct 14 2008, 08:34 AM
I'm late to meet a guy who can hopefully convert my .mov video to .avi, but the only thing one can add to an S2000 is a set of RA-1's no larger than 245mm and be able to stay in TTD, base class. Or you could run street tires and 5pts elsewhere, but you would be killed!
You could run a 235/255 setup without incurring any additional points.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I don't think so. The rule states that the points are assessed based on the widest tire. You can't -1 for 235s and then +1 for 255s and have them cancel out, otherwise you'd end up with a -10 just for running the stock tire sizes.
Originally Posted by ThemsThaRules
Increased tire width beyond that listed above (using the largest increase of front or rear if
using split sizes)
will be assessed as follows:
Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

, that is what I was guessing based on this, but perhaps I read it wrong.
Drivers choosing to use tires narrower than the size listed for their base class may get credited back points by reversing the assessments listed above using the smaller decrease of front or rear for cars using split sizes (i.e. -1 for 10mm smaller, -4 for 20mm smaller, -7 for 30mm smaller, etc.)

Quick Reply: TT point