S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Track Diary: SEARS POINT SCCA SF Region - ITE/ITR

Old 09-04-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes taking pictures makes you feel like the paparazzi.
A little Corvette carnage...shit happens at the race track.

This driver was fine. The car I can't say the same for. We raced against him in ARC/NCRC GT1 class in 2006. We took 1st place overall that year in both W2W and time trial classes

That was some fast response. I was at PSI getting some Moton shim stacks on the other side of the wall

Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 PM

Ry needed his brake fluid flushed so we took a can of trusty ATE Super Blue Racing and got to work. Stock rotors, stock brake calipers. Good enough too handle 400WHP in wheel to wheel road racing. Honda built a solid car with many parts that have seen plenty of abuse...atleast from our end.

Look no jack stands. We actually did use jack stand, though hydraulic AP Racing air shocks would be nice...some day.

Bill's rotors finally showed up. The ones on the car were nicely heat checked. He previously had a rotor crack all the way to the center. Pics!!! Certain things you don't want to repeat, especially in the middle of a race. As diligent as ever, he's replacing them before the race.

I think I got a little heat exhaustion around this time and decided to take forty winks in the Cummings tow rig aka 'the Beast'.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:45 PM

"Ask any racer-winning is winning..." Oops wrong quote

Krazik says his secret to good race is in his lug nut torque specs. He won't tell me what they are, and I have stopped asking. Something about staggered/non-staggered I got muddled in the details.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:57 PM

So on Saturday, between the 8-12:00 practice, I was double booked for some more dyno-tuning. A very GORGEOUS and immaculate GPW S2000 needed 2 hours of my attention for a little massaging via AEM EMS. It had previously come in with a Js ECU which is a re-programmed stock ECU. I made 10hp peak gains and more under the curve. The owner of Works Motorsports said the car drove much smoother and crisper with a more usable power band. Tuning is everything, especially with the incremental nuances of an NA build.

I wanted to test Krazik's brakes before he went out for qualifying so I took a cruise up the hill in the #8 race car. Here is an abrupt contrast between out purpose built race car, that has been flogged since delivery in 1999 to the ~1000 miles on this pristine 2005 GPW. It was all mounted on the dyno ready for tuning.

I was juggling getting back down the hill and attending to the team.

Details...I wish I had more time to do this car some justice with a decent camera.
If you are an S2000 junkie like myself, there is something about the simplicity of this car that keeps you staring at the subtleness of it.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Former Moderator

it's Diez's car - tuned there in sonoma...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 PM

Painted ASM dry CF doors.

Mugen Cage.

Asura Design's mobile tuning office.

The Recaro SPG with custom hand-stitched alcantara is really comfortable.

Axle exhaust to compliment the Axle diffuser- with 63mm and no mufflers!

Engine bay

Ohlins 2 way race shocks replaced the Spoon Showa-spec dampers the owner originally opted for.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:46 PM

RACE1

Oh look, we can't keep up with a Mustang...is he packing any heat?
They are claiming 500HP and 3000lbs. Bill and I take a closer look...

Blackey, Kibort, Randy, Bobcat, and Wardlow in tow.

Rylan battling it out with Joe B. in the Viper Comp Coupe. He'll eventually get by, we run faster laptimes

This bimmer caused some carnage later on...

Kibort and Bill dicing it up

Old 09-04-2008, 10:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I love this stuff!!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Asura,Sep 4 2008, 09:46 PM]RACE1
Old 09-05-2008, 12:02 AM

He=You(Ry) I talked to Joe after both races, he must not like S2000s. When I told him we were running the PMUM SCer, a spark ignited in his eyes and we were now on the same team.

Dry carbon stang. Well prepped car. You can be out spent in any class. Once again, that's racing. If you don't like it, race where you can't be out spent. With that said, this car will most likely be in BP next season. It's basically stock

This was the view from the top of the hill in T3. Viper with gobs of torque charges up the hill then the S2000, out brakes and maintains inertia.

Mr. S2Ki and his signature cheshire grin.

Quick Reply: Track Diary: SEARS POINT SCCA SF Region - ITE/ITR