S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.
View Poll Results: Would you order from Ultra Rev?
Yes
0%
No
100.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Are these axles the same?

Old 05-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

did the passenger side fit? Kind of seems like you just got 2 of the longer axle.

And you really should go through the place you got them from, they should be dealing with DSS and should have never put you in direct contact w/DSS. Your post should say, "the douche bags i bought dss axles from have terrible service." DSS is probably pissed b/c the reseller told you to contact them directly.

I have always bought directly from DSS and never had a problem.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wadzii
did the passenger side fit? Kind of seems like you just got 2 of the longer axle.

And you really should go through the place you got them from, they should be dealing with DSS and should have never put you in direct contact w/DSS. Your post should say, "the douche bags i bought dss axles from have terrible service." DSS is probably pissed b/c the reseller told you to contact them directly.

I have always bought directly from DSS and never had a problem.
After the driver's side didn't fit, we didn't even try to install the passenger side. It was kind of like "Ok, let's just box em up and my mechanic can get me new axles same day from his supplier". It wasn't worth the hassle to check the other side at that point.

I have been dealing with the place I bought from. I called DSS first, and they said there is nothing they could do...I would have to contact the seller. So I have been calling and emailing the seller and they have been emailing the DSS. And the guy from DSS keeps coming back asking for different pictures like he can't see they are the exact same. And actually the seller is more worried, because if I file a dispute it affects them, not DSS. DSS was supposed to be sending me the UPS tag so I could send them back, but they didn't. That is why I revealed their name, because I felt like I was being patient enough until that happened. I am sure some people have good experiences, I just give them a personally.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Banned

I know most resellers would just give you a refund or exchange your wrong one for the right one. It looks like you just got sent 2 passenger side axles, something the people you ordered from should be able to straighten out easily
Old 05-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

DSS customer service does suck. However, the issue you're having may be trivial. We had the same issue. Drop the axle on its end to release the tripod into the compressed position. Pushing gently will not get the end in. If your axle tripods don't squish and compress, that's your problem.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just looked at the picture and my above post may apply to only one side. In general, "custom" shops get away with a lot of bad behavior because they're the only game in town.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little late to help you, but I have never had a problem with Raxles parts. A number of the local Honda guys use them.

http://www.raxles.com/

(888) 257-8192 or (800) 257-8192
(352)-377-5751 Local and International

Raxles inc
2341 NW 71st Pl
Gainesville FL 32653-1623
Old 05-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going on memory, I think there's something like 4" of length difference between the left and right axles. How the above pictures couldn't make them hang their heads in shame and beg forgiveness with overnighting the correct ones to you means either:
A. You're not dealing with bright people
B. They're waiting out the 45-day PayPal refund period and intend to screw you to save shipping costs

I'd file the dispute with PayPal right away. It's amazing how quickly dumb uncooperative people become really smart and helpful when PayPal freezes their account.

For the record: I've had great dealings with the Drive Shaft Shop on conversion axles (R180 diff in WRX) for my Subaru. They screwed something up and made it right at no charge to me. It took a while but they made everything perfect.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by wadzii
I know most resellers would just give you a refund or exchange your wrong one for the right one. It looks like you just got sent 2 passenger side axles, something the people you ordered from should be able to straighten out easily
Yeah, I would think so, but it has been almost a week since I first contacted them and still nothing is moving forward...

Originally Posted by CKit
DSS customer service does suck. However, the issue you're having may be trivial. We had the same issue. Drop the axle on its end to release the tripod into the compressed position. Pushing gently will not get the end in. If your axle tripods don't squish and compress, that's your problem.

Originally Posted by CKit
Just looked at the picture and my above post may apply to only one side. In general, "custom" shops get away with a lot of bad behavior because they're the only game in town.
Yeah, but I didn't even get "custom" ones from them or even their Level 2.9 or 5.9...I got their Basic Level 0 kit...I should have just had my mechanic order from his supplier from the first place.

Originally Posted by PanteraKitty
A little late to help you, but I have never had a problem with Raxles parts. A number of the local Honda guys use them.

http://www.raxles.com/

(888) 257-8192 or (800) 257-8192
(352)-377-5751 Local and International

Raxles inc
2341 NW 71st Pl
Gainesville FL 32653-1623
Ah ok, thanks man, I will keep them in mind.

Originally Posted by captain_pants
Going on memory, I think there's something like 4" of length difference between the left and right axles. How the above pictures couldn't make them hang their heads in shame and beg forgiveness with overnighting the correct ones to you means either:
A. You're not dealing with bright people
B. They're waiting out the 45-day PayPal refund period and intend to screw you to save shipping costs

I'd file the dispute with PayPal right away. It's amazing how quickly dumb uncooperative people become really smart and helpful when PayPal freezes their account.

For the record: I've had great dealings with the Drive Shaft Shop on conversion axles (R180 diff in WRX) for my Subaru. They screwed something up and made it right at no charge to me. It took a while but they made everything perfect.
Yes, I am beyond frustrated with this. I did not get my shipping tag yet, and I left a message on the seller's machine to contact me first thing this morning when they got in...no call, so I will reveal their name too...Ultra Rev Parts...I am not happy with them either. I think I need to file the dispute. Because they told me last week that I will get the shipping tag, will send the axles in, and then if DSS says everything is cool, then they will release the funds to Ultra Rev, who will release them to me. But who's to say that either of them won't try to screw me, and then it will be outside the 45 days?

I am not saying DSS is a terrible company, but I just have not had a good experience in my case. For all I know, they might want to make everything perfect, but I don't know if I want to let it get past the 45 day window. Now, should I file the dispute with PayPal or Ebay??
Old 05-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned

File a dispute, they have had plenty of time to get this right. If they decide to work it out then you can just "buy" the parts from them again.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:33 AM

Ok, so I was about to file the dispute around 3pm yesterday when Ultra Rev called me regarding the voicemail I left them. I told the lady I had not received the call tag on Friday to ship the axles back. She said that the owner of Driveshaft Shop forwarded her the email showing that one was sent out Friday at 4:30. I have been checking my Inbox and Spam all weekend...I have no email. So I told her that is great, but since I am running out of time and haven't been able to ship them back yet, I will need to file the dispute. She got all upset saying "You have my full attention. We are trying to get this resolved. So you're going to hurt my rating?" I said, well it has been a week since I first called and I still have the axles. Once the 45 days passes I won't have the buyer protection. She then got the owner of Ultra Rev on the phone. He was saying stuff like "We have been in business for 12 years...we have 20,000 feedback...we sold something to a guy in Turkey without a problem...blah blah" I'm like wtf, I don't care...as a buyer, I just need to get this resolved and also protect myself. But I do feel a respect for online sellers, and so I told the lady "Well maybe if you put in writing you guarantee I'll get my refund, I won't file the dispute". So she wrote me:

"You have MY word,

EVEN IF THE MANUFACTURER DOES NOT RELEASE FULL credit

WE will, as long as NO action is taking over ebay"

I thought about it, and realized a few things would need to be changed, as there is not enough detail. So I sent her an email saying

"Shannon,

I have made a few edits to the message you sent me. Do you concur with them?

Original message:

You have MY word,

Because you received the incorrect items, EVEN IF THE MANUFACTURER, Driveshaft Shop, DOES NOT RELEASE FULL credit of $340 for the return of the Honda S2000 axles (Ebay items #120602219922 and #140433579984), WE, Ultra Rev, will guarantee a full refund, as long as NO action is taken over ebay. You will not be responsible for any restocking fees, shipping fees, or any other fees"

I sent this at 3:45 or so and did not get any response, so around 9 pm I sent her another message saying

"Shannon,

I received a copy of the shipping label via email. I will ship it out tomorrow, however before I do this, I need confirmation that you agree with the changes I made below to your original email. Please respond immediately so I can get the process started.

Thanks

Kevin

PS I did not get the email you were supposed to forward with the previous call tag. Can you please send that as well?"

I have not heard anything from her, and it is now 12:30 pm Wed. She is really pushing my last nerve. In addition, she told me on the phone yesterday that "A new call tag needs to be generated, because they expire after two days". In the email I got yesterday from UPS, it says that the call tags expire after 30 days. So the Ultra Rev people are either clueless, or lie.

LONG STORY SHORT, DO NOT ORDER FROM ULTRA REV. Thanks for reading.

Quick Reply: Are these axles the same?