S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

STR Prep - Suspension and Alignment

Old 03-26-2013, 10:10 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^At least it's a much better car.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by //steve\\
^At least it's a much better car.

Shhhh... Don't tell everyone
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Yeah because the bright Apex Blue won't already
Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My tires only get used for autox (tire trailer).
Old 03-26-2013, 10:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Jon, you kill the outsides because you run no rear bar. The car pushes on decreasing radius huh. The car should be able to rotate off throttle during steady state. Throttle rotating leads to mistakes especially on exit.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

So have we decided -2.4 camber is the new -3.5?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by oinojo
Jon, you kill the outsides because you run no rear bar. The car pushes on decreasing radius huh. The car should be able to rotate off throttle during steady state. Throttle rotating leads to mistakes especially on exit.
Shhh.

Also, I'm a tard. Created a new thread for questions that really belong in here.

Couple of questions.

First, has there been any decision made on the legality of the SPC Camber Adjustment Ball-joints, either front or rear? I've come across random postings about them, just curious. I figure the standard now is the Hardrace / Megan Racing ones?

Second, in the rear, how much camber can be obtained typically from the stock adjusters (13in ride height)? If we went over to either the SPC or Megan joints in the rear, would that allow us to adjust camber without impacting toe (would save a lot of time on alignments)?

Thanks!

Copy & paste so we can keep the knowledge base in the right spot.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oinojo
Would that kill the outsides in front because it's overloading the front tires? I am running a rear bar now and I don't seem to be getting the outside wear anymore (although other things changed too, namely z2 vs z1) so that meshes with what you're saying but is that the reason why?

Originally Posted by RyanDavies
Shhh.

Also, I'm a tard. Created a new thread for questions that really belong in here.

Couple of questions.

First, has there been any decision made on the legality of the SPC Camber Adjustment Ball-joints, either front or rear? I've come across random postings about them, just curious. I figure the standard now is the Hardrace / Megan Racing ones?

Second, in the rear, how much camber can be obtained typically from the stock adjusters (13in ride height)? If we went over to either the SPC or Megan joints in the rear, would that allow us to adjust camber without impacting toe (would save a lot of time on alignments)?

Thanks!

Copy & paste so we can keep the knowledge base in the right spot.
My understanding was the SPC is legal. I know the posts you're talking about that figured out that it's taller than the OEM ball joint but I'm pretty sure we came to the conclusion that since it mounts to the control arm instead of the hub and therefore the roll center was untouched that difference in height doesn't matter. Not sure if anyone ever confirmed it somehow.

In the rear you can get as much camber as you want. Last year I was at 13" ride height and I was at 3.2 degrees for a while and they were not maxed out. No parts added to increase camber adjustment.

Not sure if any of the products on the market would allow you to change camber specifically without affecting toe.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 AM

That, and if you are adding rear camber at an event because you need more "grip" the increased rear toe-in will also help calm the rear. win-win.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 AM

Thanks, guys. No particular reason to pick them up for the rear right now then.

Quick Reply: STR Prep - Suspension and Alignment