S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

StopTech Big Brake Kit

Old 12-09-2004, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoptech,Dec 9 2004, 02:53 PM
An S2000 was brought in to see if a rear kit is possible.

The stock rear brake caliper on the S2k is a combination of a hydraulic and mechanical braking mechanism, normal braking and parking brake. In order for StopTech to make a 4 wheel street legal kit, it needs to have a parking brake. Our 2 piston rear caliper is hydraulicly actuated. A separate caliper is necessary for the parking brake. Unfortunately, the rear does not allow a place for a parking brake caliper to bolt on safely. If 4 wheel kit is produced, it would be produced without the rear parking brake and that would make it a race only kit.
Endless has a 6pot front and 4pot rear but your talking $4000 for front calipers and $3000 for rears...Ouch!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called Endless up and they said they don't have a rear kit for the S2k. They told me that all the ppl doing that are just doing it on their own (using a front kit or something). Did you guys actually buy "rear" kits from Endless, or are you custom fabbing brackets to mount a typically-front-application Endless 4pot in the rear?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by JSR_AP2,Dec 10 2004, 10:53 AM
I called Endless up and they said they don't have a rear kit for the S2k. They told me that all the ppl doing that are just doing it on their own (using a front kit or something). Did you guys actually buy "rear" kits from Endless, or are you custom fabbing brackets to mount a typically-front-application Endless 4pot in the rear?
The rear kit is supposed to be available in Japan. Not in the US. The Endless rear kit everyone has seen on here is a 6pot rear but it was custom fabricated to work. My friend installed it but the downside is he has no working e-brake.

I have a catalog at home that shows the front 6 rear 4 and it was available back in Sep. I did contact Endless USA and Auto R&D and they werent aware of a rear kit either but when I bought my front 6pot kit it came with a catalog with a new "coming soon" 6pot 4pot setup. I bought my Endless brakes about 8 months ago. I will email my vendor today and ask if they can actually bring in the rear if it actually came out in Sep.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Dec 10 2004, 11:19 AM
The rear kit is supposed to be available in Japan. Not in the US. The Endless rear kit everyone has seen on here is a 6pot rear but it was custom fabricated to work. My friend installed it but the downside is he has no working e-brake.

I have a catalog at home that shows the front 6 rear 4 and it was available back in Sep. I did contact Endless USA and Auto R&D and they werent aware of a rear kit either but when I bought my front 6pot kit it came with a catalog with a new "coming soon" 6pot 4pot setup. I bought my Endless brakes about 8 months ago. I will email my vendor today and ask if they can actually bring in the rear if it actually came out in Sep.
you sure the endless rear will have E-Brake? everthing that i read tends to say endless racing 4-pot rear. Racing generally means no e-brake, right?
Old 12-10-2004, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD,Dec 10 2004, 12:39 PM
you sure the endless rear will have E-Brake? everthing that i read tends to say endless racing 4-pot rear. Racing generally means no e-brake, right?
Hey whats up man? I have your Type One decal for ya!
Thats what I think as well but I am waiting on an answer right now.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Stoptech,Dec 9 2004, 02:53 PM
An S2000 was brought in to see if a rear kit is possible.

The stock rear brake caliper on the S2k is a combination of a hydraulic and mechanical braking mechanism, normal braking and parking brake. In order for StopTech to make a 4 wheel street legal kit, it needs to have a parking brake. Our 2 piston rear caliper is hydraulicly actuated. A separate caliper is necessary for the parking brake. Unfortunately, the rear does not allow a place for a parking brake caliper to bolt on safely. If 4 wheel kit is produced, it would be produced without the rear parking brake and that would make it a race only kit.
DIsappoiting....I would have hoped that there would have been standardization among hondas so that a similar solution to the TSX could have been used. What doesn't work with that approach. Is the suspension in the way?
Old 12-13-2004, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by JsAP1,Dec 10 2004, 11:19 AM
Whoa!...he used a 6pot? Is it the same caliper as the front one? If so, the total piston area would be the same and that would throw the brake bias completely off (way too much brake tq in the rear, even w/ the smaller rotor). I thought about this briefly that if I ended up getting Spoon calipers (Tommy's) and running the twinblock Spoon calipers in the rear, but since Spoon uses the same size pistons both both calipers, there would be too much rear brake tq and threw the idea right out. Just wondering how others are doing it. So, you'll be waiting for the 4pot rear kit?...I wonder if they'll integrate an e-brake on that.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JSR_AP2,Dec 13 2004, 11:32 AM
Whoa!...he used a 6pot? Is it the same caliper as the front one? If so, the total piston area would be the same and that would throw the brake bias completely off (way too much brake tq in the rear, even w/ the smaller rotor). I thought about this briefly that if I ended up getting Spoon calipers (Tommy's) and running the twinblock Spoon calipers in the rear, but since Spoon uses the same size pistons both both calipers, there would be too much rear brake tq and threw the idea right out. Just wondering how others are doing it. So, you'll be waiting for the 4pot rear kit?...I wonder if they'll integrate an e-brake on that.
Yes he did use two front kits on his f/r setup. I agree about too much torque not to mention he should have to upgrade his brake master cylinder, no?
Old 12-13-2004, 11:19 AM

Yeah, his pedal travel is probably insane w/ the stock M/C. Since he's going to lose his e-brake anyways, he could've sourced a cheap Wilwood 2pot for the rear...something at least that keeps the F-to-R piston area ratio about stock.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD,Dec 10 2004, 12:49 PM
DIsappoiting....I would have hoped that there would have been standardization among hondas so that a similar solution to the TSX could have been used. What doesn't work with that approach. Is the suspension in the way?
It's a matter of having a place to be able to bolt on the parking brake caliper. There are holes that exist, however those would be sheered off if any pressure is placed on it. The TSX and the NSX both have places to bolt on parking brakes, just not the S2k.

Quick Reply: StopTech Big Brake Kit