S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Speedventures Event 8-26

Old 08-26-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Drew, glad you had a good day. What were the S2000 times, and Nobody's Evo? Anyone break 2:05?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maxrev can correct me, but I believe he got down into the 2:03:xx range. (He was using a cheating bastard Hot Lap instead of the AMB, so I say we disallow it. )

My times were slightly slower... (I had an AMB, but it was completely unnecessary. A calender would have been quite sufficient.)

Not really sure how anyone else did, but I'm pretty sure nobody got under 2:00... um... let me correct that... none of the other drivers got under 2:00; I couldn't tell you how "Nobody" did. (Who's on first? ) Although... I'm sure Dennis gave me and many other drivers the bonus of being able to come home and boast: "Nobody beat me today!"

There was a red Miata with a hardtop there going hella slow, but oddly, it wasn't JP.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Old 08-26-2005, 10:26 PM

Old 08-27-2005, 01:02 AM

Another great event at Speedventures. Plenty of track time and friendly people. BW in CC#13 is prob. the best config. for the S2000s.

After experiencing oversteer issues during my last visit to Big Willow, I made couple of changes to my car.

1. Non-Staggered Setup: 255/40/17 on all 4 corners does not rub the actual fender with max-ed out camber (2.0F) and appropriate ride hight. It will rub slightly on the plastic fender lining. I didn't feel this setup created excessive oversteer handling. The car was very neutral.

2. Toyo RA1's are absolutely amazing. They are 10x better then my old R compound (Pirelli's) as these tires refuses to slide sideways. Even in the unshaven form, it felt so much better. It makes the Pirelli's feel like street tires. I can say with confidence that my previous tires were head-cycled out wich cause my oversteering issues.

3. Revised Alignment: 2.0F and 2.6R & Rear Toe

4. Shock settings on the KW-V3. I am definitely getting a hang of dialing this suspension.

The car exhibited slight under-steer even with the non-staggered setup and 255 on all 4 corners. In the Riverside turns, I can feel the inside font lift a bit when I make a mistake of running the bumpy outside line. All of these changes improved my time by over a second from my previous run back in April.

BTW, I wasn't using a hotlap. Its my G2X GPS datalogger/timer. I will post some data of my fastest lap later.

Early Morning Drive...

Nobddy's Evo - Commuter car... His black super quick S2k stayed home this time. I don't think he will keep the evo stock... Nobody is going to have two track cars!

Axis NASA 350Z

Elise.. I want one!

Notice anything diffrent??... Drew's Spa

Dirty Suzuka

CSL Look alike?

Old 08-27-2005, 07:29 AM

Nice setup Robert. Glad it solved the oversteering. Do you have the OEM swaybars? And you didn't shave the RA1's???? That's another couple seconds left if you didn't .

So spill the beans.....what was your fast lap?

Drew, I bet you were faster without the wing. And would be even faster if you put back your rear swaybar.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:13 AM

Hey Richard,

Yea, I was able to solve my oversteer issues (Tires) and get my KW dailed in better this time. I also think my ride hight is optimized for 255 on all 4 corners. Maybe I am the one of the first to activly track (timed) to run 255 on all four conrners in the states? Not sure. You still have the fastest Mod time at CC#13. My best time was 2:04.394.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by maxrev,Aug 27 2005, 12:13 PM
Hey Richard,

Yea, I was able to solve my oversteer issues (Tires) and get my KW dailed in better this time. I also think my ride hight is optimized for 255 on all 4 corners. Maybe I am the one of the first to activly track (timed) to run 255 on all four conrners in the states? Not sure. You still have the fastest Mod time at CC#13. My best time was 2:04.394.
That's because your RA1's are unshaved. Lucky me, so far . Great time and driving! Yeah, I'm not aware of anyone trying 255's all round, but obviously works as it should with a wing. I've had incurable understeer with my car even with -3* camber and OEM bar, though I have 275 rears.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I drove my bone stock poser/commuter Evo. And though I didn't post any spectacular times (2:11 was my fastest lap), I had a blast doing things that are all but impossible in the S--like drifting nice and calmly through the sweeper (once while passing the Axis Z on the inside) and nailing pendulum-induced drifts through all the cotton corners. Not the fastest way around the track, but damn I had fun. Was also able to slide my way INTO the esses AND into Riverside without drama. Unfortunately I saw more dirt (twice at the end of the esses and once at Sunrise) in one event in the Evo than I've ever seen in the Honda. It was just too easy to cook the brakes on the Evo and the pedal just wouldn't respond after awhile.

After the event I headed into the Mojave to meet up with Evo-Robi and we ended up working on my suspension until 3:45am (ok, he worked and I spectated). The mods have begun, but I don't think the Evo will be competitive anytime soon.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:55 AM

Some interesting info from my data logger.

Max & Min Info...

Segmentation Data

2nd Session Best Lap vs. Afternoon with a passanger... 3.4 seconds slower!

Theoretical best lap possible according to the GPS data logger. The software takes all of the best segmentation time and combines it. This simulates a "perfect" lap. I don't even think a perfect lap exisits! Well at least for me...

I have a small write up on my web page.

Quick Reply: Speedventures Event 8-26