S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Speedventures Big Willow Weekend on July 2nd & 3rd

Old 07-03-2005 | 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pierceman,Jul 3 2005, 02:06 PM
Does anyone have infor on the white STI that crashed? he is a friend of mine and I'm looking for info....
MAtt
Hey, Matt...I also posted on the Solo2 boarding asking for you, since a bunch of them went to the event too. I hope both your friend and the driver are ok!
Old 07-03-2005 | 06:33 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

It was a great event despite the heat and occasional dust devil. The new race car is truly a thing of beauty and delight. Next time we'll be able to run it full out, and I truly can't wait.

All props to DavePK for building such a magnificent beast. Instead of blathering on here, I think I'll start an I Dave thread all it's own. (A little later; I'm too pooped now.)

Speedventures rocks!!!

[QUOTE=pierceman,Jul 3 2005, 02:06 PM]Does anyone have infor on the white STI that crashed?
Old 07-03-2005 | 06:40 PM

Thanks for the info, Drew! A couple of the So Cal boys have personal connections to the STi driver and were pretty worried.

Glad you like the new race car! Any details regarding why it's beautiful and delightful?
Old 07-03-2005 | 06:40 PM
Kel

On the jtuned forum, they said what happened was the fender lining from the car in front fell off and the white STi swerved to avoid it and ended up crashing into the wall.

Heres the link: http://www.jtuned.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786
Old 07-03-2005 | 06:49 PM

yes, It sounds like the liner fell off the car right in front of him. Not knowing what it was he tried to go around it. They originally thought it was a spoiler that had fallen off a car for some reason. I'll let you know.

Drew let me know if you do any test days during the week. I'll be there! I want to see that beast.
MAtt
Old 07-03-2005 | 08:22 PM

Hey Drew,

How was today? Were people getting better lap times today? bill
Old 07-03-2005 | 08:35 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by webdiva,Jul 3 2005, 07:40 PM
Glad you like the new race car! Any details regarding why it's beautiful and delightful?
Delightful... let's see.

*Plenty of power, even at lower RPMs and with our self-imposed 7500 redline (during this break-in period).

*Phenomenal suspension and setup; I've never driven anything so precise.

*The absolutely flawless DavePK open source braking system; talk about perfection as it relates to brakes. (although the lack of anti-lock will take some getting used to at certain other tracks)

I'll have more to say when I get around to the "I Dave" thread, but he's completely responsible for this magnificent car, and Richard and I are the incredibly grateful beneficiaries. :drewthankinghisluckystars:

Beautiful... Richard shined it up real pretty. (Who knew there was actually still lustre to the paint??? Thanks Richard! )
Old 07-03-2005 | 08:43 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by spikej,Jul 3 2005, 09:22 PM
Hey Drew,

How was today? Were people getting better lap times today? bill
It wasn't as windy, but everything else was pretty much the same. The track was probably even more greasy. It was HOT!!!

It was a lot less crowded, though. We managed to get in more track time than we could have possibly hoped for. Today we burned up nearly two tanks of gas, as well as a set of tires. (By the end of the day, Richard and I were even more tired than the car!)

Big thanks to Aaron for yet another great, safe, fun, event. (and also big thanks o Rylan, Dave, Richard, and Will for many excellent driving tips. )

Good seeing you yesterday, Bill.
Old 07-03-2005 | 11:09 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=drewchie,Jul 3 2005, 09:35 PM] Delightful... let's see.

*Plenty of power, even at lower RPMs and with our self-imposed 7500 redline (during this break-in period).

*Phenomenal suspension and setup; I've never driven anything so precise.

*The absolutely flawless DavePK open source braking system; talk about perfection as it relates to brakes. (although the lack of anti-lock will take some getting used to at certain other tracks)

I'll have more to say when I get around to the "I Dave" thread, but he's completely responsible for this magnificent car, and Richard and I are the incredibly grateful beneficiaries.
Old 07-03-2005 | 11:21 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Hey... we weren't using it full out yet, and it'll take a little time to learn the limits when we do.

Besides... the sun was in our eyes.

Hang in there... you're going down eventually!!!

Quick Reply: Speedventures Big Willow Weekend on July 2nd & 3rd