S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Speed Ventures Track Event - Buttonwillow 3/5/2004 only $140!

Old 03-05-2004, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cthree
Well after a rough start i was turning 2:09s along with Strike. Twohoos *cough* cheating bastard *cough* was in the 2:07s. Everyone in the red group was turning sub 10s so overall it was a fast day

I snapped a lug early and once I cleared the plastic bag off my air filter things picked up. I did turn a 2:14 without vtec tho
It's those cheating bastard JRZ's that twohoos has

Plastic bag
Old 03-06-2004, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by cthree
Well after a rough start i was turning 2:09s along with Strike. Twohoos *cough* cheating bastard *cough* was in the 2:07s. Everyone in the red group was turning sub 10s so overall it was a fast day

I snapped a lug early and once I cleared the plastic bag off my air filter things picked up. I did turn a 2:14 without vtec tho
Insomniac post! My car with the ringer driver, KMS, got into 11s on S02s with Regamasters. KMS wants to go R compounds asap.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 315 Likes on 149 Posts

KMS should definitely be on R-comps. He's getting seriously quick. Al, it was nice hanging out with you and KMS on the unpopular "east side" of the pits.

Sorry Richard, I did beat your time, but not by much. I did a 2:07.3. But I think your time still edges out Aaron B.'s (in his newly-aligned Evo) by a tenth or so.

C3's VTEC issue was traced to the sound insulation he'd installed around the CAI for Laguna -- it had come loose and wrapped around his filter! The engine was trying so hard to suck air that it partially collapsed the whole cone!
Old 03-06-2004, 10:16 AM

Great time John . And that's with less rubber
Too bad they won't restrict boost on the Evo's in OTC.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Administrator

In a word, I sucked. Since I was faster on non-R compounds, I blame it on shitty tires that couldn't hold on to a cup of coffee much less a fast moving racetrack. On the plus side, car-control is now a big part of my repertoire LOL.

Next stop, Vilven's tire shop for some gummy rubber cause these rolling rocks have got to go.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:32 PM

I bought my current set of RA1's from AIM tire at Infineon/Sears Point. Had them shipped to Buttonwillow tire shop at the PCA event since Vilven wouldn't ship in time or to BW without a hefty shipping charge. Turns out BW tire shop now sells RA1's, had the sizes I needed, and does shaving on site! .

So there are three good places to buy shaved RA1's. The mounting and balancing equipment at BW was brand new and high tech, and Leo who did the work is a great guy. You can order them in advance and pick them up at the track.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Crap. If I had known that ahead of time I might have had them put them straight on the car yesterday. I say might since I wasn't ready to shell out the $700 or so just yet. Thanks for the info Richard
Old 03-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rlaifatt
I bought my current set of RA1's from AIM tire at Infineon/Sears Point.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Aaron, was that $100 more including mounting and balancing?

I can easily see another $10-15 per wheel for mounting and balancing so that has to be added to the Vilven price as well if we're comparing.

Plus, there's nothing like instant gratification

Too bad I forgot to ask you for a ride in the car with the gears yesterday
Old 03-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Ludedude
Aaron, was that $100 more including mounting and balancing?

I can easily see another $10-15 per wheel for mounting and balancing so that has to be added to the Vilven price as well if we're comparing.

Plus, there's nothing like instant gratification

Too bad I forgot to ask you for a ride in the car with the gears yesterday
Yeah, it was 700+ for the tires. The included mounting and balancing made it somewhat comparable to the Vilven price. If you had to choose between having the Sears shop ship and Vilven ship you'd be better off with Vilven.

You can ask Karim about the gears. He did go for a ride.

Quick Reply: Speed Ventures Track Event - Buttonwillow 3/5/2004 only $140!