S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Speed Ventures at Buttonwillow - Aug 23 & 24 - $130 a day!

Old 07-29-2003, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Ventures at Buttonwillow - Aug 23 & 24 - $130 a day!

Buttonwillow Raceway; August 23rd and 24th, 2003
Price: $130 one day; $220 two days ( + $30 instructor fee required for novices )

Duration: 2 days 5 hours of track time per group!**

Track: Buttonwillow Raceway (near Bakersfield)

Registration: Registration is open on the site: http://www.speedventures.net/event_forms.asp

Timing: Transponders are available for rental.

Event Info:

At 3 miles, Buttonwillow is the longest and most technical track in the Los Angeles area. With twenty-three turns, three elevation changes, the banked "Riverside" sweeper, and a perfect drift over "Lost Hill" (AKA "Magic Mountain"), Buttonwillow offers both a unique learning environment, and a challenge to advanced drivers. We will be running the full track in race configuration #1, clockwise on Saturday and configuration #25 Counter-Clockwise on Sunday. This track is a good place to run street cars, though we suggest that the Riverside turn should be approached at conservative speeds of 70-80 mph in cars without race rollover protection. The remainder of the turns on this track are moderate-speed (35 - 70mph). Turns have wide runoff areas, clear of major obstacles.

There will be four run groups at this event, in an effort to keep traffic light. click here for the schedule.

For track maps and registration see the event page: http://www.speedventures.net/8-23-2003_event.asp
Old 07-29-2003, 10:09 PM

4 run goups x 1/2 hour sessions x 5 sessions per day = 10 hours?
Old 07-30-2003, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by SoCal Craig
4 run goups x 1/2 hour sessions x 5 sessions per day = 10 hours?
Nope. This is Bitterman's latest idea, since half the population leaves by 1pm or so. The schedule: http://www.speedventures.net/schedule_4_to_2_grp.asp

We are trying this schedule out at Streets. That will determine if we do it again at BW, or go back to a more traditional sched. I kind of like it because it gives us 4 run groups with fewer cars per group, and I kind of don't like it for other reasons. Give us your feedback and we'll see how it goes
Old 07-30-2003, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by fluxen

Nope. This is Bitterman's latest idea, since half the population leaves by 1pm or so. The schedule: http://www.speedventures.net/schedule_4_to_2_grp.asp

We are trying this schedule out at Streets. That will determine if we do it again at BW, or go back to a more traditional sched. I kind of like it because it gives us 4 run groups with fewer cars per group, and I kind of don't like it for other reasons. Give us your feedback and we'll see how it goes
Red, White and Yellow get 6 run sessions, but Blue only 3?
Old 07-31-2003, 05:39 AM

Originally posted by SoCal Craig

Red, White and Yellow get 6 run sessions, but Blue only 3?
Sorry, Blue AKA Red2 runs with Red in the afternoon. I guess I've got to stop calling it Blue, but the wrist bands make it confusing
Old 08-08-2003, 12:28 PM

**Update: The event is currently showing very low attendance, so if you want to run BW with small run groups (probably less than 1 car per 1/4 mile of track per run group), this is your chance. We opened registration a bit late, so we're not going to charge late fees for registration until this coming Monday. Sign up now and save some $$!

Oh, and Craig? We're going back to a traditional schedule. White and Yellow suffered at SOWS, so we won't do that again.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:38 PM

Where is there to stay in Bakersfield for those of us that are po'.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:57 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by The Reverend
Where is there to stay in Bakersfield for those of us that are po'.
You don't want to stay in Bakersfield, as it's about an hour away. You want to stay in Buttonwillow, and there are a bunch of cheap hotels in the town. This link will take you to a listing from Yahoo:

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?&&city...p=y&stx=7737307

I don't know if SV has a preferred motel but hopefully they'll chime in if they do. BTW, I'm all signed up
Old 08-08-2003, 03:28 PM

wher ar all tho white women at??
Old 08-08-2003, 04:08 PM

I might just drive up the morning of the event.

Originally posted by sfphinkterMC
wher ar all tho white women at??
Dude, you live in Hollywood. How many more white women do you need? Just get a license plate for your Supra that says "DIRECTR" or "PRDUCER" and start cruisin' up and down Sunset. :-p

BTW, I drove on Old Topanga yesterday - fun stuff. I think I've been to the Rock Store before - a few years back. We'll have to go driving there sometime early in the morning.

Quick Reply: Speed Ventures at Buttonwillow - Aug 23 & 24 - $130 a day!