S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Sparco Ergo Large - Will it fit?

Old 12-01-2015, 06:26 PM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Sparco Ergo Large - Will it fit?

Can anyone confirm if this seat will fit in a relatively stock car? And if so, what mounts did you use? (I'd be looking to get it as low and far back as possible.) I'm not too concerned with rubbing the door panel or the center console, but I don't want to have to go ripping out carpet etc.
I've sort of narrowed my choices down to a Ergo large (preferably) or maybe a medium, or a Circuit II, for which I've seen confirmation in another thread that it fits. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think most seats will fit if you are willing to fabricate your own mounts. I did it with some flat bar stock from Lowes. I used a large pipe wrench, vise, and a hammer to bend them into place. VERY solid mount now. Seat feels welded to the car. I was also able to mount it very far back and very low. It pretty much sits on my harness mounts. Seat is a Sparco Pro ADV and it fit in my car with full interior.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:25 AM
bdo

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
I think most seats will fit if you are willing to fabricate your own mounts. I did it with some flat bar stock from Lowes. I used a large pipe wrench, vise, and a hammer to bend them into place. VERY solid mount now. Seat feels welded to the car. I was also able to mount it very far back and very low. It pretty much sits on my harness mounts. Seat is a Sparco Pro ADV and it fit in my car with full interior.
Thanks. The more I think about it, the more I like this approach, because I want the seat right on the floor if possible. Was going to ask if you had pictures of your setup, but I just came across your pictures on another thread. I took a chance and have a Ergo Large on the way, so I'll see how it goes...
Old 12-08-2015, 12:15 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bdo
Originally Posted by nissanfanatic' timestamp='1449284057' post='23820169
Thanks. The more I think about it, the more I like this approach, because I want the seat right on the floor if possible. Was going to ask if you had pictures of your setup, but I just came across your pictures on another thread. I took a chance and have a Ergo Large on the way, so I'll see how it goes...
Keep us posted. The Ergo medium will be the route I go when I finally get around to replacing my current non-halo seat.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:44 PM
bdo

Well, I think it might not fit.

Pics are all with the seat setting on the floor, I think it would be even worse raised up the half inch or more that it would need with mounts and harnesses.

These pics show the seat setting in the car, on the floor, leaned back all the way (which is how I'd prefer it). It touches the trans tunnel and the side of the car at the shoulder wing. It doesn't sit straight, it faces to the left. Can the trans tunnel be pounded in significantly at this spot?

This is with the seat sitting straight up, flat on the floor. Touches the tunnel and the top corner of the seat rests against the hardtop. Probably doesn't show in the picture, but the seat is sitting sideways. Would probably be even worse with the halo wings installed.

I could maybe start hacking at the seat, and take maybe close to an inch off the shell where it touches the trans tunnel, but I'm sure I'm prepared to do that to a brand new seat.

PS. Hardtop is a 2-piece aftermarket hardtop of unknown source. Some sort of Mugen replica is sort of in my plans. Not sure if that would be any taller and/or have more clearance...
Old 12-16-2015, 02:42 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

dont most people hammer the tunnel a bit? you can do it under the carpet so you wont even notice it.
I would try that before modifying the seat
Old 12-16-2015, 05:33 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Topplayer
dont most people hammer the tunnel a bit? you can do it under the carpet so you wont even notice it.
I would try that before modifying the seat
It is fairly common to modify the transmission tunnel to fit a wider seat. I have pics from a couple guys that have made the modification.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:03 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

I bashed the shit out of my trans tunnel to fit big seats and you'd never notice.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:28 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
I bashed the shit out of my trans tunnel to fit big seats and you'd never notice.
I might try this before taking it to a welder/fabricator. 4 pound sledge or bigger?
Old 12-16-2015, 11:47 AM
bdo

It seems like it's common to pound in the tunnel under the carpet, but I'm not sure about up higher where it widens out. It looks stronger there. I would probably need to do something like this. (not that my work would be that clean!) I'd rather not cut the car up that much, but I guess I could put the vinyl trim back over it if I even return the car to stock, with maybe a thin sheet metal plate or something.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/i...eat-clearance/

Quick Reply: Sparco Ergo Large - Will it fit?