S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Slotted Rotors: Powerslot or Stoptech?

Old 08-19-2004, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slotted Rotors: Powerslot or Stoptech?

I'm not really looking to track my car, just upgrade brakes a little. Now I was wondering if someone could recommend which I should get, powerslot or stoptech slotted rotors? powerslots are a little cheaper. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by LordMagnet,Aug 19 2004, 01:11 PM
I'm not really looking to track my car, just upgrade brakes a little. Now I was wondering if someone could recommend which I should get, powerslot or stoptech slotted rotors? powerslots are a little cheaper. Thanks.
Who cares which one is cheaper? Which one is more BLINGIN', yo!?
Old 08-19-2004, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get some pads and save your bucks unless you're after the bling. Some good pads like Hawk HP+'s will give you way more braking improvement than any kind of cut up rotors. Basically, slotted rotors are for looks. Pads these days don't produce the gasses they used to so there's no point in venting them. You're only putting potentially weaker, more crack prone rotors on your car if you switch from stock.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:04 PM

Question...If slotted rotors are so useless and just about da BLING BLING, then why do all the high end sports cars have them (P-cars, ferraris,etc.) Why are Le Mans cars running them? Is it because they require more brake ventilation because of their large brake size? Also, I thought that slotted rotors won't weaken the structural integrity of the rotors like a drilled does?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Administrator

If you only need rotors, we have an awesome sale going on the G3000 OEM type rotors. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229584

If you want something a little different, here's a great Stage-2 package from StopTech that might be right up your alley: http://www.gofastlab.com/s2ki/customer/pro...7&cat=31&page=1

BTW, we're having a helluva time getting PowerSlot orders filled. The backlog is unreal so I'd advise you to consider that if you don't want to wait over a month for delivery.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:37 PM

Why is this thread in Racing and Competition??
Old 08-19-2004, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by rlaifatt,Aug 19 2004, 02:37 PM
Why is this thread in Racing and Competition??
Because we're the experts on the bling bling.

Btw, I wanna drop my car 3". I don't care about handling. Which JDM kit should I get?

Old 08-19-2004, 02:32 PM

BTW, the best racing part for bling is the tow hooks! I get more questions and comments on them than I do on the big wing. Even old ladies in the supermarket parking lot ask me what would happen if they pull the ring. I sometimes tell people it's just for style and attitude, like wearing an earring.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Administrator

The Towhooks are m4d bl1ng!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:13 PM

Whoa... you guys need to chill with the bling. I would like to improve my braking but I stated that I was not going to track my car so to give people a better understanding of where i'm going with this. Improving street braking, and I wouldn't mind having the rotors look good also. I thought track people would have better knowledge of rotors then people in the other forums. BTW I ordered the Powerslots rotors today, and they shipped today, but now i'm eyeing the Stoptech stage 2 kit. So i'm debating whether to keep the powerslot and get the stage 1 kit, or sell the powerslot and get the stage 2 kit. Thanks all.

Quick Reply: Slotted Rotors: Powerslot or Stoptech?