S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Should we have an S2000 leaderboard of top 5 times per track?

Old 07-17-2013, 10:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is how NWP does it, pretty straight forward and easy to manage:
http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=37445
Old 07-18-2013, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gonna be very hard to to and keep up with. I like the idea though
Old 07-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Former Sponsor

I think it would be beneficial to create a web form that users can enter their data into. That database would be able to be exported to an excel sheet and sorted. CKit, if you're going to be running it, that's probably your best bet. Quick and easy. Maybe update it once a month. :dunno:
Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm thinking something similar to the TrackHQ format would work:

Track
Configuration
<time> - <driver/owner> - <class [T3, TTC, S2kC Mod, etc.]> - <tire> - <power> - <weight> - <evidence link [video, AMB, etc.]>

Tire, power, and weight should give a general idea of the level of prep in a given car.

I'd consider taking personal times from datalogs *if* the datalog was posted. What's the consensus on this? If it's from an app like Trackmaster or Harry's, then personally, I'd require the external GPS to be in place. +- 0.5s is too much variance for me, but +-0.05s is acceptable

I'll volunteer to maintain the thread; I can't promise daily updates, but once a week or once every other week, depending on the volume of times being posted. Obviously, the updates would be more often when the thread is new, since everyone is submitting times.

Would top3 be best, or should I just let the list get as long as it gets?

@Ckit: Is there a way for me to delete posts within a thread if I'm the OP? The goal is to keep the thread nice and tidy, and delete posts with a time after I add it to the OP.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm thinking top 3 probably best. But I would like to include only times faster than an accepted standard (like Spec Miata) or within a set time compared to Spec Miata.

I didn't want people to post their slow default track records that are track records because they're the only ones in class. Heck, I have some SSB track records by default that were run on dead tires that I don't think should qualify.

So I was thinking top 3 that are vetted decently fast by objective standard.

Can some of the S2C challenge guys post representative fast times and how that compares to Spec Miata track records?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

S2k Challenge "Street" class is faster than SM period:

Buttonwillow: 1:59 vs 2:04 (2:03?)
WSIR: 1:34 vs 1:37
SoWS: 1:24 vs 1:28
CVR: 2:02 vs 2:06 (2:05?)
MRLS: 1:43 vs 1:46

S2k Challenge classing is Stock < Street < Mod < Supermod

My CR is representative of a slightly underprepped Street class car. Mod class can be generalized as being about 3% faster at every track, while Stock class can be generalized as being roughly the same as SM at every track.

Stock class can be generalized as an otherwise stock S2k with RS3 + camber modifiers
Old 07-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

And it shouldn't be bad to maintain if it's just fast times. People won't send you new times unless they beat the existing ones...

If they just want to post their slower times, they can do it in the mega thread
Old 07-18-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
I think it would be beneficial to create a web form that users can enter their data into. That database would be able to be exported to an excel sheet and sorted. CKit, if you're going to be running it, that's probably your best bet. Quick and easy. Maybe update it once a month. :dunno:
It is pretty easy to setup a Google Docs spreadsheet with a web form that people can submit times to.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 AM
JJ7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it should be longer than fastest 3. Problem with fastest 3 is, a moderate driver with a really fast car will usually beat an excellent driver with a moderate car. And if we want to see what the true potential of a car is you dont want to weed out great drivers with moderate cars. Also, having ALL mods listed over a range of cars helps people speculate what mods are really worth in time. I dont care about a FI car with a big wing and Hoosiers that ran a 2:02 at Button Willow, but if a stock s2k runs a 2:03 I'd like that to make the list.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by GT Motoring II' timestamp='1374159539' post='22673423
It is pretty easy to setup a Google Docs spreadsheet with a web form that people can submit times to.
I think this would be easiest and people could sort through the details by themselves. We wouldn't even need to break it down into different "classes" - the user looking at the data could decide for themselves which times were relevant for them to compare to or not.

Quick Reply: Should we have an S2000 leaderboard of top 5 times per track?