S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

San Diego Tour

Old 03-12-2004, 05:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by payneinthe
Since that part of the decision is made (and it makes good sense to me), it's time to start thinking which class would be best. Obviously, for selfish reasons, I'd prefer BS
In all seriousness - WRITE YOUR LETTERS to the SEB. Use as much data/facts as you can. Otherwise there's a decent chance they'll all wind up in AS.

Annie
Old 03-12-2004, 06:38 AM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jguerdat
Old 03-12-2004, 02:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the Kumho 225s are only .5" narrower than the 245s. I suppose that the carcass dimensions may be accurate but maybe not...
Old 03-12-2004, 08:33 PM

Videos of Andy (shaggy) and I on the second day of the Tour have been posted to the Go Fast Video site. We were both a ways off of the pace on Sunday, though.

It always looks so slow in video...

Steve
Old 03-13-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least I was smooth and way off the pace.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:46 PM

Hey folks, just wanted to say that the SD Tour was a hoot and it was nice to meet some of you west coast S2ki folks. I know I'm really late in jumping in on this thread, but I'm finally home in Chicago and back online. First of all I'd like to thank Tony (Payneinthe) for letting me co-drive his car. I hope I wasn't too much of a payne . I'm really glad I brought the rear A3S04s with me on the plane

Big thumbs up to Mitch who put it all together on the final run on Sunday. I'm just happy I got wood That, and the fact that I got to autox for the first time since our season ended in October. You Cali people got it made. Off-season? What off-season? I hope to see all you guys again, maybe at Topeka (if I ever find an S2k to drive).

James Yom
Old 03-20-2004, 07:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by PedalFaster
I felt bad for the Z4 in B Stock and the Boxsters and S2000s in A Stock, all of which must have lost several tenths to their more powerful competition before the course really got started in earnest.

just a little late to the party

to be honest I don't think power was ever an issue for me, but no LSD, conage, and sound issues were. I've never encountered as bad of wheelspin as I did on the SD surface, spinning the outside rear tire in 3rd gear all the way around the finish turn was a bit frustrating and then my only clean time for each day was my also my slowest raw time for each day - the Z4 was moving around so much on this surface that I failed to keep it clean when it counted.

Given the overall circumstances I was ok with the result, had I been able to put the power down and stay off the cones IMO the Z4 would have been right in there duking it out.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:08 AM

Originally posted by TeamZ4
spinning the outside rear tire in 3rd gear
I'm confused about the physics at play here -- in a car with an open diff, shouldn't the inside rear tire spin before the outside one? I'd imagine any outside wheelspin would basically manifest itself as power-on oversteer...

Steve
Old 03-21-2004, 04:48 AM

Comment about the sound issues, too - are you saying sound control was after you? You got a rice exhaust??
Old 03-21-2004, 06:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PedalFaster
I'm confused about the physics at play here -- in a car with an open diff, shouldn't the inside rear tire spin before the outside one?

Quick Reply: San Diego Tour