S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Saferacer.com review

Old 10-22-2009, 01:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Saferacer.com review

I took the lazy way out and ordered carbotech brake pads from saferacer.com instead of CT directly. I wanted to report a poor overall experience with saferacer.

It took 7 days between the time my bank account was charged for them to SHIP the item. During this time they did not attempt to contact me letting me know when my brake pads would be shipped or if they were shipped. My bank must have paid them in pennies. They were obviously just counting the pennies to make sure it was all there before shipping my product.

Overall it took 12 days to get my brake pads without any communication until I emailed. To me that is unacceptable. Especially when they have my money after the first day I placed my order.

Next time I will be ordering directly from CT to save this hassle.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the same experience with CT directly though. They lost my order at least twice now. That's the one thing I like about tire rack. If it's in stock, you get the pads in 2 days. It's one reason I'm willing to pay more for DTC-60's. As good as or better than XP10's and you can have them in 2 days.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've made many orders with SafeRacer and had good luck with all of them except for the single biggest one, when I ordered a radiator, got the wrong one, and was told when I called that I in fact did have the right one. Calling the right person there got things straightened out quickly, though.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Could have been worse... you could have been dealing with Hardtopguy....

Old 10-22-2009, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey just to say I orderred some pads direct from CT over a week ago - they usualy take a day but these just turned up today so they mighta had to make new ones.

Weirdly enough I also orderred a seat and harness from saferacer on tuesday. The harness turned up yesterday and the seat is scheduled to arrive tommorrow.

The only problem I had with them is I wanted to add an extra harness bolt to the order they couldn't do it. They had to cancel and refund my paypal and Paypal ended up charging my bank account twice and put me overdrawn!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CKit,Oct 22 2009, 02:20 PM
Could have been worse... you could have been dealing with Hardtopguy....

LOL... so true. I got a $100 GC for HTG from winning an S2KC event, so I ordered some stuff. It ended up being more than $100, so I gave him my CC number. He charged my CC immediately and said the items would ship that week. This was July 30... 3 months ago. I e-mailed him several times about the item and when they'd ship, and even asking him to just refund the money he charged my CC if he has no intention to ship. No repsonse. Oh well...
Old 10-22-2009, 03:03 PM

weird, I've seen 2 bad reviews on saferacer in the past 2 days. never heard a bad thing about them before these two...
Old 10-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Banned

He charged my CC immediately and said the items would ship that week.
I had a similar bad experience with Gruppe-S. Honestly when these places charge before they ship (Which I don't think they're supposed to do) that tells me they're running paycheck to paycheck and don't have enough cash cushion to order parts before charging.

I tend to avoid places like that because any little problem can cause you not to get your stuff.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, except at this rate I'll never get my stuff... Good to know about Gruppe-S. We should have a seller feedback thread for vendors.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:37 PM

There is always those LPIRACING.COM guys....

I hear they do pretty well - except for Bill.

Quick Reply: Saferacer.com review