S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Rollbar options?

Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rollbar options?

Is there anything that is available that isn't custom? I need it to work with my softtop and hard top.

Seat travel is not of much concern I'm only 5'9" and I like to sit close... nascar style.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

Hard Dog (vy good rep with the Miata crowd) is now taking orders for S2000 roll bars. Similar design to Elda and GoFastLabs design. I just ordered mine yestiddy

www.harddog.com
Old 03-03-2007, 03:06 PM

Awesome! But I don't see any link to order on their site.. I have to call them?

How much $$$ are they? And SCCA approved for tracking? I don't want no "show" bar
Old 03-03-2007, 03:18 PM

Yeah, they don't show it on their site at the moment. Give them a call and talk to Tom. Should be SCCA approved for Solo1 with the diagonal and harness bars.
4-pt bar = $500
with removable harness bar = $600
with removable harness bar and diagonal bar = $750
with welded in harness and diagonals = I dunno...

I ordered mine with the removable harness bar but without any diagonal. Welded in diagonal wasn't going to happen in my daily driver, and I really don't like the looks of the welded tab sticking down from the main hoop for the removable diagonal bar version. My club doesn't require the diagonal, but I guess I'm giving up track time with other organizations, ah well...
Old 03-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Awesome, thanks for the info.

You have any pictures or anything? I guess the harness bar cuts into the glovebox but just a 4 point doesn't need to.

The diagonal from what I remember from the Elda cuts into the passenger space right? Not that it matters as I remove the passenger seat 90% of the time haha.

For solo II I won't need the diagonal but I'll probably order the entire thing in case I decide to track as well.

Does this bar have to get welded in or does it just bolt in? Bolting I'm up to doing myself, welding I don't think I could unless a mig will do the job. I rather not cut any of my plastic though so I might just remove all of it and store it so I can go back to stock if need be.... unless it needs to stay?
Old 03-03-2007, 03:52 PM

They sent me pics of the old Elda roll bar:

Same design. Note the big TAB sticking down for the diag, not too too far from the driver's head. I think overall, between track and street driving, I'm safer without it. Something to think about...

Neither bar cuts into the glovebox area, they just prevent access to the secret compartment.

The diagonal of course reduces passenger seat aft motion and recline. Driver's seat supposedly has full fore/aft motion, and only loses 2 clicks of recline in the aft position.

It's a bolt-in bar, but apparently it's a MAJOR pita. Like, 8-hr installation (which for me would mean ~16 - 32hrs). I'm having mine professionally installed at great expense

Will likely look a bit shoddy without trimmed plastics in place. My thinking is if/when I ever wanna sell the car, I could sell the roll bar and swap plastics with whomever buys it. Or just get replacement plastic parts.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the info man! Really helpful.

I already removed my softtop, the biggest pain of the install is probably removing all the plastic trim and rollhoops and stuff, removing my softop and putting all that back was like a 6 hour job in itself.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:10 PM

I just found this while searching around.

http://www.racetechmotorsports.com/product...29&reviews_id=4

Apparently no plastic to cut, but it is a weld in bar not a bolt in. And it is a little pricey.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wing,Mar 3 2007, 07:10 PM
I just found this while searching around.

http://www.racetechmotorsports.com/product...29&reviews_id=4

Apparently no plastic to cut, but it is a weld in bar not a bolt in. And it is a little pricey.
That is me and it is installed. I can send one and you can weld in for cheaper.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slick design

Quick Reply: Rollbar options?