S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY

Old 03-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
It looks like Evasive is carrying this part now. Velocity shop is back ordered until April

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...w=&range_high=

Other option if you don't want to wait and are willing to pay an extra $20 bucks.

http://www.motorklasse.com/hardrace-...r-f-for-s2000/

Just make sure you're getting part number 6621. Part 6622 is ONLY an RCA and not an offset camber adjuster.

There's also a rear RCA from hardrace...

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=567 I'm also curious about this part. But, for me it doesn't matter since I'm not lowered yet, maybe next season...
When I was at Evasive a couple weeks ago getting my alignment etc... done they didn't have any in stock or I would have gotten them then...
Old 03-04-2012, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Originally Posted by //steve\\' timestamp='1330782523' post='21472594
Have any of you guys ever tried going to softer spring rates? Everyone out on the West coast runs so much more spring than on the East Coast and seems a lot of the real successful guys are running softer setups even when using Hosiers or other slicks. Maybe you could try less spring in the rear and a little more sway bar? Or jump the rates down 2k.

BTW I've got a set of 800lb 2.5" ID Hyperco springs I need to get rid of. They are 6" long. I believe 800lbs is just a hair over 14k. I'd be glad to sell the complete set or split them up if you wanted to try something out.
As a general trend, everyone seems to eventually end up at 16k-ish spring rates, even if they've considered and/or had lower spring rates before. The consensus is that even with the time lost in some spots due to traction loss from the ultra high spring rates, the net gain is greater (steady state cornering speed, weight transition times).

This is, of course, coming from the guy who doesn't own a set of coilovers
I ran 13k & 11k springs and it was plenty stiff with R-Comps. The "west coasters" do have an erroneous love for stiffer spring rates. Its even embedded in their rule set where stiffer springs draw higher point penalties.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:46 PM

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not sure what the difference is with/without the RCA plate. When I got them installed, I just had the whole thing put in together at the same time.
There's also a rear RCA from hardrace... I'm also curious about this part. But, for me it doesn't matter since I'm not lowered yet, maybe next season...
Just to be clear, if you are not lowered, then you should not be using a roll center adjuster. For the front, the ball joint is the camber-adding part, and the plate is the roll center adjusting part. The rear is purely for roll center adjustment. I would recommend that next time you're getting an alignment, you remove the RCA plate in the front.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by jimtway1
I ran 13k & 11k springs and it was plenty stiff with R-Comps. The "west coasters" do have an erroneous love for stiffer spring rates. Its even embedded in their rule set where stiffer springs draw higher point penalties.
Please do tell, what is so erroneous about stiff spring rates?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Am I getting this wrong, but isn't the damper more important than spring rates at this point? HKS is valved to be super aggressive, but has softer springs.

Either way, just want to know if rear RCA is really necessary because I am very close to installing my coilovers soon.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:03 PM

Depends on your definition of necessary. I am hoping they improve traction over bumpy surfaces ... by how much, I'll have to try it out to see.

Maxrev likes them: http://www.maxrev.net/site/index.php...sion&Itemid=58
Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of BNIB Hardrace roll center adjusters, front and rear, I'll sell them for what I paid.
I'm wishing I'd gone with the J's.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 AM

Received 614 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetdill
I have a set of BNIB Hardrace roll center adjusters, front and rear, I'll sell them for what I paid.
I'm wishing I'd gone with the J's.
Why is that? Did you order the wrong part and get 6622, which is roll center only and not offset camber? Part 6621 is identical to the J's S1/S2 piece - or somewhere in between that. I'm not sure what the max camber i can get with stock suspension is.

Originally Posted by VitaRenovatio
Originally Posted by Bullwings' timestamp='1330901952' post='21475790
I'm not sure what the difference is with/without the RCA plate. When I got them installed, I just had the whole thing put in together at the same time.
There's also a rear RCA from hardrace... I'm also curious about this part. But, for me it doesn't matter since I'm not lowered yet, maybe next season...
Just to be clear, if you are not lowered, then you should not be using a roll center adjuster. For the front, the ball joint is the camber-adding part, and the plate is the roll center adjusting part. The rear is purely for roll center adjustment. I would recommend that next time you're getting an alignment, you remove the RCA plate in the front.
Also, thanks. I know the whole point of the RCA is to return suspension geometry back to "normal" after lowering, so essentially, I've put my suspension geometry out of whack, right? Yeah, next alignment I'll have them switch it up...
Old 03-05-2012, 08:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Depends on your definition of necessary. I am hoping they improve traction over bumpy surfaces ... by how much, I'll have to try it out to see.

Maxrev likes them: http://www.maxrev.net/site/index.php...sion&Itemid=58
I guess that's a green light for "JUST DO IT!".
Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimtway1' timestamp='1330916953' post='21476347
Please do tell, what is so erroneous about stiff spring rates?
To clarify, it is erroneous to assume that a stiffer rate spring is faster on track than a softer spring. The rule set decrees this as true by charging more point penalties for stiffer springs. This community has seemed to take that at face value and thinks that 16-20K springs are fastest and anything in the 10K-12K rate must be slow on track.

Here's a quote from Carroll Smith's Tune to Win, "I wish that there were hard and fast rules for the determination of optimum (spring) rates. To my knowledge, there are none. Optimum rates vary with gross vehicle weight, power to weight ratio, aerodynamic downforce generation, tire width, track characteristics, driver preference and technique and, quite probably, the phase of the moon. My basic system is to run the softest rear springs that will keep the car off the track - and maintain some semblance of camber control - at the ride height that I want to run. I then balance the understeer/oversteer with the front springs - and equal rate front and rear bars. I try to do this in long, medium speed corners so as to simulate steady state conditions at low enough road speeds so that aerodynamic downforce doesn't confuse the issue (say 60 mph).....This gives the basic front and rear ride (spring) rates."

We could go on and on, but this is already off topic. More pictures and video please!

Quick Reply: Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY