S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY

Old 03-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, its because your constant modding rubs off on me!

Originally Posted by VitaRenovatio
Like I told Chris, the R-comps are only worth their 1.75 point penalty when the track is extremely hot. A good example was at CVR last year where temps were in the 100's and the sun was further heating up the black track. We ran CVR at the absolute hottest time of the year. For this upcoming event at CVR, it will be a gamble. It really depends on how hot it will get, as it may be still cool in March.

The APR bumper is 0.25 points, but it must ne used without splitter, canards or wheel spats. Otherwise it is 0.5 points.
I'm also looking at Dustin's times and what he has been able to do with old nt01's.

Nam, you mentioned an interest in LSD's this past weekend, would the spec class allow for that as well?
Old 03-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really impressed. 1:54 is flying around there.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:06 AM

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Re: LSD, one thing I noticed when switching to my TEIN SRC is that I'm having a much more difficult time putting power down. I think for us who have super stiff suspensions and drive on these bumpy Socal tracks, a locking LSD like OS Giken or Carbonetics would go a long way toward improving lap times and driver experience. That said, I'm not sure if further increasing the cost of admission to this already expensive Spec class is the right move.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f20kills
found on FB !!
talk about redonkulous! Great Write-up Nam! Can't wait for CVR since it will be my first time there. Just need to send my car to rising star to replace axles and bearings sometime next week. Also need new pads too
Old 03-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

[/quote]

I'm also looking at Dustin's times and what he has been able to do with old nt01's.

Nam, you mentioned an interest in LSD's this past weekend, would the spec class allow for that as well?
[/quote]

The R-Comps do lose grip with age. They just start with a higer starting point. This past weekend I corded one tire so they were done. I guess the real question is how much quicker is a fresh set vs. a 7-8 day old set. Maybe Chris or Nam can chime in.

Originally Posted by VitaRenovatio
Re: LSD, one thing I noticed when switching to my TEIN SRC is that I'm having a much more difficult time putting power down. I think for us who have super stiff suspensions and drive on these bumpy Socal tracks, a locking LSD like OS Given or Carbonetics would go a long way toward improving lap times and driver experience. That said, I'm not sure if further increasing the cost of admission to this already expensive Spec class is the right move.
I noticed alot more power on oversteer with the new Coils. I think it has alot to do with the ability to get back on the power much eariler in the turn. I am having to adjust my exit line due to it. I'd love an LSD but I somehow think I have other more pressing uses for my $$$.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by f20kills
My first session out (taking it easy) my car could hit 135 with no draft without issue. After my incident, my car wouldn’t break into the 130's at times
And that would be what an AP1 feels like. I could barely break 130 without a draft, and even with an orchestrated draft, the best I could do all day was 135 mph. Unfortunately, that lap was ruined by a BMW that refused to get out of the way.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by ddess
I noticed alot more power on oversteer with the new Coils. I think it has alot to do with the ability to get back on the power much eariler in the turn. I am having to adjust my exit line due to it. I'd love an LSD but I somehow think I have other more pressing uses for my $$$.
It's not so much the power on oversteer that I find annoying. It's the fact that one of the wheels lifts off the ground and causes wheel spin whenever I go over a bumpy part of the track. And the fact that whenever I use any sort of curbing, the wheel spin kills forward momentum.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:48 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Have any of you guys ever tried going to softer spring rates? Everyone out on the West coast runs so much more spring than on the East Coast and seems a lot of the real successful guys are running softer setups even when using Hosiers or other slicks. Maybe you could try less spring in the rear and a little more sway bar? Or jump the rates down 2k.

BTW I've got a set of 800lb 2.5" ID Hyperco springs I need to get rid of. They are 6" long. I believe 800lbs is just a hair over 14k. I'd be glad to sell the complete set or split them up if you wanted to try something out.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What coilovers do East Coasters use? For me, I just got a good deal on my SRCs so I couldnt pass it up
Old 03-03-2012, 10:12 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

one more
Attached Thumbnails Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY-caliphotography_1757027.jpg  

Quick Reply: Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY