S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY

Old 02-29-2012, 11:58 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by albertg
As usual, I had a great time this past weekend at ACS. I was able to set a personal best of 1:55.8xx. This time was good enough for a podium up until the last session. It was too bad too as I was finally gridded just behind Chris (f20kills) only to realize on the outlap that my rotor had cracked. I swapped the rotor and jumped into the 2nd half of green 4 but ran into a bmw who thought I wanted to play (but I really just wanted to pass) Anyway, it was pure fun!

Here is the video of my fast lap. The cones in the playground section were moved around and I got a little confused. Also, at the end is Justin missing his brake marker.

Dustin, what's the prognosis?
No compression at all in Cyl 4. The head is coming off today or tomorrow. Ill know more then. Hopefully its the head or block, not both... I'll try to take as many pictures as possible but learn from my mistake and only use OEM NGK's or Denso plugs. Bosch just plain suck.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
FAIL.... O2 sensors not covered by my CPOed power-train warranty. They're also not covered beyond 50K miles or 3+ years (both of which my car has exceeded). They quoted me $450+ to replace them

Looks like I'm gonna have to find my way under the car and figure this out. Tips and links to any articles/pictures for code P0139 (secondary O2 sensor) replacement are welcome. heh
If you buy it, I can do it for you at the track in about 2 minutes, or just stop by my place anytime.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since it's just a rear o2 I would just get a replacement at auto zone pepboys etc... All you should need is a jack stands and a 22mm or 7/8 wrench remove the sensor furthest back and replace it with the new one.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:14 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ddess
Originally Posted by albertg' timestamp='1330462999' post='21459880
As usual, I had a great time this past weekend at ACS. I was able to set a personal best of 1:55.8xx. This time was good enough for a podium up until the last session. It was too bad too as I was finally gridded just behind Chris (f20kills) only to realize on the outlap that my rotor had cracked. I swapped the rotor and jumped into the 2nd half of green 4 but ran into a bmw who thought I wanted to play (but I really just wanted to pass) Anyway, it was pure fun!

Here is the video of my fast lap. The cones in the playground section were moved around and I got a little confused. Also, at the end is Justin missing his brake marker.

No compression at all in Cyl 4. The head is coming off today or tomorrow. Ill know more then. Hopefully its the head or block, not both... I'll try to take as many pictures as possible but learn from my mistake and only use OEM NGK's or Denso plugs. Bosch just plain suck.

What my engine looked like when I dropped a plug......SUCKS! Block only had 10k on it

Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 PM

Received 614 Likes on 429 Posts

Ordered on ebay (full OEM with connectors and everything, no wire splicing necessary) for $145 vs. the $287 the dealer was charging me and close to another $200 for labor... lol.

Dustin - GL, hope it's not too bad. And yes, lesson learned. I put it in my log book - NGK ONLY...
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by albertg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH56DmZm_IY

Chris and Albert...nice vids and driving!
The inside of Albert's hardtop is shinier than, um, my whole car.

Albert, you running ducts?
I cracked a rotor there last year (even w/ducts) so I ran "extra" cool off laps in the paddock...more than usual, about ~10 min.

Dustin, hope you'll be up and running again soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DphBQ...yer_detailpage

Here's my FTD lap.
Unfortunately, my transponder wasn't plugged in during Red 1 so I didn't get gridded for Red 2.
However, I caught a lucky draft off a "white CR" @ the end of Lap 2 just before the start/finish...
Everyone's getting so quick and the differences in lap times are getting tighter...

Just got the GoPro last week so didn't have it set properly (spot meter wasn't on, tried to save it in post)...and it's mounted way too high...*sorry*.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 AM

Nice Mike!
140!!! More better NICE!! I couldnt get over 132 after my "incident" and I think I may have had too much angle on my wing

Damn these RS3's!! haha I hope what Nam and I talked about isnt true with these tires in the summer....cause right now in the cooler months, these tires are a great value!

Another pic from FB
Attached Thumbnails Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY-423898_364567333563711_100000313432991_1250176_2102880217_n.jpg  
Old 03-01-2012, 06:51 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^You got a new wing! I like it. I know looks isn't everything but the wing mounts on the outside of the trunk look so much better to me than the center mount style of your previous wing.

what's this summer thing you speak of? think the price is going to go up like crazy?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
^You got a new wing! I like it. I know looks isn't everything but the wing mounts on the outside of the trunk look so much better to me than the center mount style of your previous wing.

what's this summer thing you speak of? think the price is going to go up like crazy?

Yup, new wing and sold the Type 7 I like the look of both but my next wing may be a J's Type1 with 275-285 stands..I like that look.
Nam mentioned that hotter days, the RS3s are not as grippy (get greasy easy) and the NT01s should be a faster tire....we shall see...
Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f20kills
Albert, Ill try and post the vid of the Subie guy holding us up for 2-3 laps!!! I had to do a sneaky dive bomb on you two.....
I wish I would've done the same thing. I had considered it, but didn't trust that he would see me.

Originally Posted by ddess
Hope you get it up and running soon. Hmm, maybe I should check my plugs.

Originally Posted by Dipstick
[
Chris and Albert...nice vids and driving!
The inside of Albert's hardtop is shinier than, um, my whole car.

Albert, you running ducts?
I cracked a rotor there last year (even w/ducts) so I ran "extra" cool off laps in the paddock...more than usual, about ~10 min.
Yes, I was running brake ducts. I think I'll try the premium centrics next time. I never know how long I'm going to get with the cheap blanks. This was only the second day.

Great driving Mike. Next time I'll have to try staying in 3rd for a couple of those turns (After the roval and before the playground).

Quick Reply: Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY