S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY

Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^^Anythings possible, but thats why its important to get a lap timer .

Im stuck out of town and cant wait to get my pics and vids up when I get home. I didnt get to take as many pics since I was trying new "set ups" on my car.....never doing that again! lol
I will say this, the whole day seemed like mess and I couldnt get a clean lap whether it was other cars, flags or my $hitt@y shifting!!! arghhhh

Albert, Ill try and post the vid of the Subie guy holding us up for 2-3 laps!!! I had to do a sneaky dive bomb on you two.....

It was cool to see a lot of the IE peeps roll into ACS....it felt like the good ole days with everyone hanging out having a good time. If I didnt have to be a my fams after, I would have stopped by Johns for a Dr@nK!!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vhx1
nice driving chris! you were able to hold the inside line while keeping your foot flat! It was a close one in stock.. my best times were 2:03.1, 2:03.2, 2:03.4. You got me with that one good lap.
Thanks, yeah my next best was a 2:03.4.

Do you happen to have any videos of your runs? I'd like to see the line you take.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:58 PM

Received 614 Likes on 429 Posts

Nice one holding the inside line Chris, very smooth driving too. I couldn't hold the inside line, and my car was pushing and over steering at the same time at different parts of the track. I'll chalk it up to rough and messy driver input... it was good though. See you guys at Chuckwalla. I'm really looking forward to that one.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by albertg
Originally Posted by xxGPWS2Kxx' timestamp='1330406033' post='21457625
Hey it was nice ta meet some of you guys. I was in the #076 gpw running in green group.
Nice to meet you. Next time, sign up for a transponder. Seeing that 1:55.1 in street class would've been something. Hopefully we'll see you at more events.

Chris - Great driving and nice vids, Congrats!
Thanks Albert, just watched your lap I need to start watching more videos of faster drivers before going to track days, would definitely help me on my line...
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Nice one holding the inside line Chris, very smooth driving too. I couldn't hold the inside line, and my car was pushing and over steering at the same time at different parts of the track. I'll chalk it up to rough and messy driver input... it was good though. See you guys at Chuckwalla. I'm really looking forward to that one.
Thanks, after watching alberts lap I think next time I'll try starting even further down, he was entering turn 1 a good 5 MPH faster than I was, plus I see where I can pick up a bunch of time in the infield...

Definitely looking forward to Chuckwalla, since I haven't been there before I've already started watching videos
Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by f20kills
^^Anythings possible, but thats why its important to get a lap timer .

Im stuck out of town and cant wait to get my pics and vids up when I get home. I didnt get to take as many pics since I was trying new "set ups" on my car.....never doing that again! lol
I will say this, the whole day seemed like mess and I couldnt get a clean lap whether it was other cars, flags or my $hitt@y shifting!!! arghhhh

Albert, Ill try and post the vid of the Subie guy holding us up for 2-3 laps!!! I had to do a sneaky dive bomb on you two.....

It was cool to see a lot of the IE peeps roll into ACS....it felt like the good ole days with everyone hanging out having a good time. If I didnt have to be a my fams after, I would have stopped by Johns for a Dr@nK!!
No worries Chris! I passed out by 1230 anyways hahahaha! A lot of my friends loved running the challenge that they had already signed up for chuckwalla and laguna seca. Thanks again for letting me borrow your wing Chris
Old 02-29-2012, 01:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f20kills
This is what truly gets me excited about s2k challenge... having all the friends out
Old 02-29-2012, 10:51 AM

If anyone has pics they'd like to see used in the frontpage writeup, please PM me ASAP.

Thanks!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 AM

It was great meeting you guys, as this was my first time running with Speed Ventures! I was the black CR delete with all the blue tape on it. Anyway, I look forward to future events during the S2k Challenges...
Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 614 Likes on 429 Posts

FAIL.... O2 sensors not covered by my CPOed power-train warranty. They're also not covered beyond 50K miles or 3+ years (both of which my car has exceeded). They quoted me $450+ to replace them

Looks like I'm gonna have to find my way under the car and figure this out. Tips and links to any articles/pictures for code P0139 (secondary O2 sensor) replacement are welcome. heh

Quick Reply: Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY