S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY

Old 02-27-2012, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what you're saying is, you're dumping grease all over the track to ensure that noone would be faster than you for the time attack.

Nice
Old 02-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Hey it was nice ta meet some of you guys. I was in the #076 gpw running in green group.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 PM

I had an awesome time on Saturday, and can't wait for the Chuckwalla event!!! Here's my lengthy story

I missed the first event because I didn't have the car ready. I put the car back to stock because I wanted to gain more experience in the car which would also allow me to run in the stock class with the limited number of mods I have. Berk Header and 3" Single exhaust using the stock cat, and a K&N FIPK are the only performance modifications I have now. My goal for the day was to bring the car home in once piece, and beat my personal best of 2:06.2

I wasn't going to push it in the first session so I could get used to the new setup. I was quite amazed at how well the car felt with the factory suspension. The first few laps went quite well, I improved each lap then caught some traffic, got another clean lap and then ran into a bunch of traffic for the last 2 laps. I ended up beating my personal best by almost a second on the 5th Lap running a 2:05.3!

Since I had already met my goal of the day I planned to use the rest of the day to just work on being smooth and clean. The first 2 laps I worked on a couple turns I've been having some trouble with, then got stuck behind another s2k for 4 laps, I would be on his tail through all the curves but as soon as we got to the straights he would take off and leave me and wouldn't point me by :madfawk: finally I got fed up with him and passed him on the outside of turn 2. The next lap I caught some more traffic, which luckily I got around on the back straight which set me up for 1 clean lap at the end of the session. I had been experimenting with turn 1 & 2 and finally said F it and decided to take them flat out! The whole time going through the turn I'm telling myself to stay calm, don't lift, you can do it! I make it through without incident and end up running my best lap of the day and new personal best of 2:02.7!!!

For the 3rd session, I decided to do the Pre Grid so I didn't run into the same issue as the previous session. This ended up being a great session because of it. I will definitely be doing this from now on. I never once had to worry about being held up by another driver. This session was a little slower due to it being warmer and a littler more greasy but I consistently ran in the 2:04 range with a best of 2:03.4. I only ran 1&2 flat out on the 2:03 lap but the car was definitely moving around! I ended up having to cut this session short because I looked down at the fuel gauge on my last lap and I was down to 2 bars! This is pretty much empty on an s2k so I headed straight to the gas station to fill up. I checked my mileage for that tank and I was just short of 9 MPG

I decided to sit out the 4th session because it was quite warm and the track was getting pretty greasy, plus I had a headache. Before this event I had already planned on doing a couple other changes to the car, but now that I've driven it in this form I think I'm going to keep it like this for the next couple events...

I put my new GoPro camera on my old mount on the roll bar and decided to use my new Contour Roam on my helmet, here are the videos of my 2:02 lap.

InCar
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX6VyXJQKu8[/media]

Helmet
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoxegtGDutU[/media]
Old 02-27-2012, 11:01 PM

nice driving chris! you were able to hold the inside line while keeping your foot flat! It was a close one in stock.. my best times were 2:03.1, 2:03.2, 2:03.4. You got me with that one good lap.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xxGPWS2Kxx
Hey it was nice ta meet some of you guys. I was in the #076 gpw running in green group.
Nice to meet you. Next time, sign up for a transponder. Seeing that 1:55.1 in street class would've been something. Hopefully we'll see you at more events.

Chris - Great driving and nice vids, Congrats!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As usual, I had a great time this past weekend at ACS. I was able to set a personal best of 1:55.8xx. This time was good enough for a podium up until the last session. It was too bad too as I was finally gridded just behind Chris (f20kills) only to realize on the outlap that my rotor had cracked. I swapped the rotor and jumped into the 2nd half of green 4 but ran into a bmw who thought I wanted to play (but I really just wanted to pass) Anyway, it was pure fun!

Here is the video of my fast lap. The cones in the playground section were moved around and I got a little confused. Also, at the end is Justin missing his brake marker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH56DmZm_IY

Dustin, what's the prognosis?
Old 02-28-2012, 01:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^ I like that short cut Justin was going for !!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Justin was practicing for his NASCAR debut. Assuming it doesn't rain.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Justin was practicing for his NASCAR debut. Assuming it doesn't rain.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by albertg
Originally Posted by xxGPWS2Kxx' timestamp='1330406033' post='21457625
Nice to meet you. Next time, sign up for a transponder. Seeing that 1:55.1 in street class would've been something. Hopefully we'll see you at more events.

Chris - Great driving and nice vids, Congrats!

Ya know Im beginning to wonder how accurate that was. May fastest lap after that was 2:02.32. 7 second diffrence...come on. My lap didnt seem so much fast as it did smooth. I was drafting behind a bmw pretty much from turn 9 all the way ta turn one. I was able to get up the 137 on the staight and was able to carry 124-125 through turn 1&2. Unfortunently I went through my rear pads after that run and switched back to my oem pads. So ya, I dont know. What do you guys think??? Had a great time though!

Quick Reply: Results: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series #2 - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY