S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race Technologies Data Loggers: GROUP BUY

Old 12-12-2005, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gee, if I were willing to work for 10 cents on the hour, I could have another career -- ths one in promoting products on behalf of Race Technology... :-)

Best,
CB
Old 12-12-2005, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Windscreen,Dec 11 2005, 09:38 PM
Maybe we'll have to start a DL1 Users sub forum in the R&C Forum. Steve
If you do, how about giving me an honorable mention?

One additional important note about the Group Buy. David wrote this morning to say that they were overwhelmed by the success of this GB and are now diligently sorting through all of the orders placed through it. In order to get some of the orders shipped ASAP, they went ahead and charged the full price for some of the units, but he's assured me that they are now auditing every order to insure that credits are issues appropriately. Several of you requested expedited shipping or (in at least one case) forgot to write "Bender-GB" in the field for special shipping instructions or (in at least one other case) ordered via their UK online, rather than through the US online store, which enabled the order to slip through the GB screen. In short, be patient, but let David know via email sales@race-technology.com what issues you've got, if any. They've been great about responding to each and every email I've sent them on behalf of some of the GB participants.

CB
Old 12-13-2005, 02:35 PM

Group Buy: Final Information

David tells me that the Group Buy proved overwhelmingly successful, with something like 51 DL-1 units sold (wow!), 10 Dash1 displays sold, and 3 Dash2 displays sold. Thus:

* DL-1 buyers should see a 20% discount on the retail price, can expect to pay about $772, and will pocket $193 in savings.

* Dash1 buyers should see a 15% discount, can expect to pay about $574, and will pocket $101 in savings.

* Dash2 buyers should see a 10% discount, can expect to pay about $868, and will pocket $97 in savings.

That's assuming my quick math is correct, but you get the picture.

Now, be advised that a few buyers have been charged full freight on their orders. No worries. Race Technology is in the process of issuing credits to fix this. The reasons for this include (i) some buyers requested expedited shipping before the GB closed (and before the discounts were known), (ii) some buyers failed to note they were GB participants in their orders (Race Technology is honoring the GB prices for those buyers anyway), and (iii) at least one buyer purchased their products from the company's UK online webstore, and the order slipped through unnoticed. Again, no worries. If you've been charged the wrong amount simply email David to bring it to his attention (although he's likely already caught the error). His email address is sales@race-technology.com.

Merry, merry, everyone.
CB
Old 12-19-2005, 05:28 AM

Has anybody received their DL1 yet? I made an inquiry and heard back that mine won't be shipped until sometime in the middle of January.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:38 AM

I've not heard back from the company in a week or so, so I've no information for you on shipment dates, but mid-January sounds like a longer turn-around time than I have been led to believe. In any case, no, I've not gotten mine, but I didn't really expect to see it until early January anyway. With 51 orders for DL-1s, they're going to have to reach deep into the inventory shelving to fulfill all the orders.

CB
Old 12-20-2005, 03:49 AM

I've got mine today

Thanks again cbender!
Old 12-20-2005, 11:08 PM

that was quick! can't wait for mine...

however, they haven't even charged my account yet... at this rate i figure i won't get the dl1 until february...
Old 12-21-2005, 05:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine arrived just in time for a Moroso track event last Sunday!

I've been able to do some basic analysis and graphing, but does anyone know how to create a friction circle from the data file?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Create an XY Graph, and plot lat acceleration (X) vs long acceleration (Y).

Should do the trick

Steve
Old 12-21-2005, 07:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, that did the trick - thanks!

Now I want to share the graph and it looks to be extremely large. Any suggestions on how to make it a managable size so that I can upload it and subject myself to the critique of this forum?

Quick Reply: Race Technologies Data Loggers: GROUP BUY