S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 07-10-2010, 10:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S2K,Jul 9 2010, 05:16 PM
Anyone with a Cobra Imola S seat care to comment on the fitment?
Should be able to tell you the middle of next month. I will be getting The imola s pro gt drivers and a suzuka pro gt pass then. waiting for hub adapter (for take off wheel) cash and shop time to come together
Old 08-24-2010, 08:05 PM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Trinydex, have you found any more info on this in the past few months? Your post above is one of the few clear and informative ones I've found on these, so thanks for that!

I figure I'd need about 17" of seat width to be semi comfortable. The pole position might be a winner. It sounds like that would fit without interfering with the door panel? It sounds like the Evo 2 is out. Can anyone recommend any similarly-wide seats I should be considering? My car is otherwise stock so I'd rather avoid rubbing the door panel or blocking the center compartment...
Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bdo,Aug 24 2010, 08:05 PM
Trinydex, have you found any more info on this in the past few months? Your post above is one of the few clear and informative ones I've found on these, so thanks for that!

I figure I'd need about 17" of seat width to be semi comfortable. The pole position might be a winner. It sounds like that would fit without interfering with the door panel? It sounds like the Evo 2 is out. Can anyone recommend any similarly-wide seats I should be considering? My car is otherwise stock so I'd rather avoid rubbing the door panel or blocking the center compartment...
i just got a recaro spg and shaved the shoulder of the seat.

actually it's really easy and you can't even tell from the outside that it's cut. i'm usually a nitpicker about how clean a set up looks... and this is just fine.

i would high recommend shaving the wing with a hacksaw and do it in an area where you either can vacuum away the fiberglass dust while you cut or use some form of dust mitigation. i took a dremel to it and while it cut like butter and left very clean finish with the sanding wheel, it also shot fiberglass dust everywhere. just annoying, not life/death or project ender.

things to note are that the recaro spg (at least) has a rubber /plastic grommet/edge bumper that goes all the way around the shell of the seat under the seat cover. this can be left intact or cut to fit after you cut the shoulder bolster. i left mine intact.

also keep the dust off yourself, it will itch if you let it get on your skin. on that note, use a respirator (i did), don't breathe in the dust.

after you shave the wing, clean it up with flat block and sand paper and then just put the seat cover right back on.

don't mistaken the sound of the factory lapbelt rubbing on the rubber shoulder bolster grip dots for noise associated with rubbing against the door! the factory belt (if you're using it) will make this chirpy sound as you move around and the belt slides over the rubber grip dots that are on the seat cover around the shoulder bolster. it's weird but it's something that you might look into correcting. i didn't think i'd shaved the seat enough somehow, but in the end it was just the seatbelt playing the seat cover like a funky violin.

i can still access the center console just fine with the mugen but you may consider shaving both wings, the center console IS blocked slightly, i will go back and hack saw/vacuum the inner shoulder bolster.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chris S2K,Jul 9 2010, 05:16 PM
Anyone with a Cobra Imola S seat care to comment on the fitment?
Well the imola s should fit fine I ended up with that for passenger side. Fit me snug 6'0"H 32"W 32"L 170 LB. Imola s gt on drivers side rubs door a little but gives more comfort. 6 point belting make me really feel good in there. Did HDPE this past monday and no complaints! Mounted on wedege engineering rails and FIA leagal side plates. Still not really sure if I can pass broomstick -2" but close if all the seat padding is out. Hardtop helps me skirt this I hope
Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 AM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great info Trinydex, thanks!!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM

FIA reqs are only for the thickness of the mounts (steel/alum) as opposed to the actual shape, correct?

The Cobra Monaco is the same as the Imola, just steel (but sim weight). Anyone put a Cobra Suzuka in? (sorry if already mentioned)
Old 09-01-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bikey,Aug 25 2010, 09:17 PM
FIA reqs are only for the thickness of the mounts (steel/alum) as opposed to the actual shape, correct?
I believe this to be correct but don't quote me on that. Guys at HMS motorsports very helpful and knowledgeable
Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the seat I have is an OMP RS-P.T.2

http://www.ompracing.it/detail.html?...tcode=HA/762/N

The seat will fit just about thought it hits the door a bit.
Theres only realy one position I can put it in my buddy club rail is bent so it is fixed position.

It suits me fine 5.11 @ 190lbs

I love this seat realy comfortable, FIA, side protection and I think I paid about $650 new
Old 09-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Cheaper seats corbeau forzas just did my first track event loved them and fit good can still use g box just hits door a little. Gl nickp
Old 09-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bikey,Aug 25 2010, 10:17 PM
Anyone put a Cobra Suzuka in? (sorry if already mentioned)
I have a cobra suzuka with the older nagisa rails. I had to forcefully bolt the seat in. It does rub against the transmission tunnel quite a bit. Also, it does touch the door.

The thigh bolsters V out which can make it a bitch to bolt down. Their cushions aren't as comfy as
Recaro.

Quick Reply: Race seats