S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need more pictures like that! Does it clear everything? Your Physical body dimensions, waist and height? Are you using a fixed mount or slider?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO
I picked up a Recaro SPG last year and installed it over this winter with Ballade rails. I look forward to trying it out on track next month when the tracks open back up.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by TwoRs
Talked with Sparco tech support today and he indicated the EVO II will fit, the EVO II US would be to wide for the S.
Research continues, keep it coming!
I just put an Evo II in my car a couple weeks back, the bottom is so wide toward the front of the seat that I couldn't imagine the Evo II US would fit at all unless its just wider in the hip area and just about nowhere else. I couldn't imagine putting a seat bigger than the Evo II in the S unless there is no interior in the car,
Old 03-18-2015, 09:10 AM

Thanks for the reply!
What mounts did you use?
Would you use the same seat again? Why or why not? What would you suggest besides the Sparco EVO II?

Originally Posted by jamesac83
Originally Posted by TwoRs' timestamp='1426638158' post='23544234
Talked with Sparco tech support today and he indicated the EVO II will fit, the EVO II US would be to wide for the S.
I just put an Evo II in my car a couple weeks back, the bottom is so wide toward the front of the seat that I couldn't imagine the Evo II US would fit at all unless its just wider in the hip area and just about nowhere else. I couldn't imagine putting a seat bigger than the Evo II in the S unless there is no interior in the car,
Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jamesac83
Originally Posted by TwoRs' timestamp='1426638158' post='23544234
I actually had an Evo in my car previously, and even that was a stretch in the seat base and shoulder wing areas.

I know it's not FIA certified, but the Corbeau FX1 Pros I have now fit great, have more hip room than the sparcos with the same footprint, and have less intrusive shoulder wings. They do have a mounting post for a seat back brace though, so you can use that in lieu of the FIA cert in most organizations.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 AM

twoRs, I used the buddy club rails.. which, not a huge fan of.. but got the seat into the car. I have a taitec rail I wanted to use, but the front of the seat bottom is too wide to get away with using it. I would get the same seat again as it fits me like a glove, but it doesn't sit much lower than stock.. like maybe only 1/4" or so. The other seats I looked at were the Recaro Profi SPG, which supposedly isn't going to be made anymore(and might have been a slight bit too tight for me) and the Recaro Pole Position. Which seems to be an easy install for the S, but I didn't like that the harness holes were on the low side.

duffman13, the one thing I found when researching the Sparco seats was that the wings are narrower on the Evo II vs the other Evo seats. That was one of the reasons I shot for the Evo II over the regular Evo that would in theory be less complicated to install(except for wing width). As of now, my seat wings don't contact the door or plastic trim, and I can open the center console with a slight rub.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:51 AM

What version of the EVO, seems like the changes that most of the seat manufactures are doing with names are making it hard to keep everything straight?

Originally Posted by duffman13
Originally Posted by jamesac83' timestamp='1426698163' post='23545074
[quote name='TwoRs' timestamp='1426638158' post='23544234']
I actually had an Evo in my car previously, and even that was a stretch in the seat base and shoulder wing areas.

I know it's not FIA certified, but the Corbeau FX1 Pros I have now fit great, have more hip room than the sparcos with the same footprint, and have less intrusive shoulder wings. They do have a mounting post for a seat back brace though, so you can use that in lieu of the FIA cert in most organizations.
[/quote]
Old 03-18-2015, 10:49 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

It clears everything and most importantly, it doesn't rub the door. I am just over 5'8" and a 32" waist. I am using the Ballade mount which includes sliders and a base plate.

Originally Posted by TwoRs
I need more pictures like that! Does it clear everything? Your Physical body dimensions, waist and height? Are you using a fixed mount or slider?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by yamahaSHO' timestamp='1426697090' post='23545040
I picked up a Recaro SPG last year and installed it over this winter with Ballade rails. I look forward to trying it out on track next month when the tracks open back up.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Anything over a 34 waist is a tight squeeze in the Recaro Profi SPG. Even then I'd imagine depending on your body that it would still be tight for some 34 waist people.

I really wish Recaro would make a seat that combines the Profi SPG and Pole Position. The PP is much larger at the bottom and can fit up to 38 waist ok. That said the harness holes are low and the shoulders are tighter. The Profi SPG is the opposite with a narrow base and wider shouldrr area with slightly higher harness guides.

If you're like me and have no intentions of using harnesses with your seat then the Pole Position isn't so bad.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:29 PM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by duffman13
Originally Posted by jamesac83' timestamp='1426698163' post='23545074

[/quote]

Do you think the FX1 (non-pro, next size up from the Pro) would fit?
Old 03-19-2015, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bdo
Originally Posted by duffman13' timestamp='1426698683' post='23545088
[quote name='jamesac83' timestamp='1426698163' post='23545074']

[/quote]

Do you think the FX1 (non-pro, next size up from the Pro) would fit?
[/quote]

I doubt it, there's basically no hip room left with the Pro in. That said. I'm no tthe smallest guy at 5'9 185, 34" waist and I do a lot of lifting so I have good sized thighs and glutes. I fit in the Pros with room to spare.

If you fit in an S2000 seat normally, the Pros should fit you fine; you'd have to be really big to need the standard FX-1, let alone the FX-1 wide. I sat in a standard once a couple years ago when I was about 10lbs heavier and 2" bigger waist and I was swimming in it.

Quick Reply: Race seats