S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 12-30-2014, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy new year's eve eve.

Looked through 14 pages and didn't find these mentioned.
Does anyone use these seats?

OMP Racing OMP-HA/741/N TRS
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003V4VPA6/...I3EBVBDWA2PK9G

Or this, Sabelt Racer Duo
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XJ4SFW/...I2XRSOKE96G115

I'm 6', 32 waist and 165 lbs.
Will this fit me, also fit the s2000 will all interior still intact?

This will be an upgrade from stock seat. Plan to use it with the factory 3pt. (At least in 2015)
I like the factory seats look, but to be honest they don't hold me well at track. Usually end up with a bruised side knee after 1st track day.

Also, newbie question, what seat rails should I buy to go with this? Or any aftermarket seat rail should fit?

-Von
Old 12-30-2014, 03:57 PM

I got my Bride Gardis III seat to fit in the car without any modifications

Old 12-30-2014, 10:15 PM

Im back in the seat market as well... Zeta 3 rubbed on the door panel and it was very annoying at the track around corners.

For long term, i think sparco will work better due to the shoulder hole being bigger to properly fit harness on my long torso, as i planto do roll bar andharness bar in a couple yrs. i also dont mind narrow seats- 160lb 5'9" 32 waist

Has anyone actually fit a sparco evo2 or rev without it touching the door? I dont mind the center console clearance since i can sorta maneuver the center console door around the wing.
Zeta 3 wing width was 590mm. From evasive's website it says evo 2 is 23.0 inch (584mm) and rev is 22.8 (579mm).
Im not sure if 1cm is enough to avoid door rub.... Any inputs from actual owners of sparco seats?

Also fyi, im running ballade seat rails
Old 03-16-2015, 07:08 AM

Back from the basement!

Will Sparco Evo II US fit in the S2000 and clear the glove box and not rub the door? I have full interior.

I am a more mature sized Track guy 5'9" with a 36" waist.

Staying with the stock 3 point for now.

The seat height should not be a problem for me so what options do you suggest for a good slider?

Has anyone had the stock seat recovered in a material that has more grip and or had the bolsters rebuilt to provide more side support?

Old 03-16-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got doen putting new racing seats in my S.

I know the sparco EVO II barely fits in the S without interior. A guy in town has one and I went to see his before I bought seats. The EVO 2 US is wider and that's the problem, particularly when it comes to the transmission tunnel.

Not knowing your body dimensions if would be hard to guess, but I just installed an OMP ARS-R (passemger) and an OMP HTE-R 400 (driver). Dending on your shoulder hole height requirement, the ARS-R (regular width) fits wonderfully in the S. The only mod I made to the seat was trimming the outer "wing" by about 1/2". After the cover is back on, you can't tell. The ARS-R has average to low shoulder harness holes so that was not going to work for me as a driver wearing a HANS device.

The HTE-R 400 (regular width) has higher shoulder holes and a narrow profile halo for full containment. It took a lot more cutting to the inner side bolster at the transmission tunnel. Some have actually cut the transmission tunnel and rewelded to make room for the seat, I cut the seat to fit around the top of the tunnel. I have photos if you want to PM me your email. Due to the narrower "wings" there was no modifocation to do there.

Both seats are on buddy club low down sliders/brackets.

I am 6' 220 lbs and have a 38" waist. Both seats are snug but are actually more comfortable than the OEM.

I spent hours and hours pouing over seat sizing charts, photos, and personal accounts on forums etc trying to select the best seat. I took me trying out these seats to know for sure. Luckily someone local to me had them in his Porsche.

Good luck, PM if you need any additional info. I'm happy to help because I know how hard it is to figure these things out when so much money is on the line.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully I can help others who are having trouble deciding. I was in the same boat, I didn't know which seats to buy. I had one used Recaro SPG and one used Pole Position but I sold them. I was initially thinking Sparcos..I went down to the local race shop to test some out.

For reference, I am 5'8" with a 30-32 inch waist.

I tried the Rev, the Evo I, and the new for 2015 seat, the Grid. I also tried a RaceTech. I was really hoping that I would like the Grid because I know it is supposed to be very lightweight. However, the Rev and the Grid had very low harness holes over the shoulders. I'm not saying they would definitely be bad, but even the guy at the shop said they seem low. The Evo had them a little higher and overall felt pretty good.

Then I sat in an OMP Champ-R. Man, the seat fits like a glove! They felt very snug, not uncomfortable though. I have not mounted them yet so I am not sure about fitement, but I don't think they will be any harder to fit than SPG or Evos. The only thing other than that I am concerned about is whether the shoulder bolsters will interfere any with or make it a little harder to shift, but I don't think so. It's just hard to sit in a seat outside of the car and know every detail for sure without them being in the car.

This is what they look like. From a quality standpoint up close, I think they look even better than the SPGs and definitely better than the Pole Position, especially for the price of $659. They are rated at 21 lbs, so I think they are slightly heavier, but not by much.

Here are pictures:

Old 03-17-2015, 04:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

i think that omp has great quality but the problem is i havent found a seat that will fit well in the s2000. most of them are very wide and the flare over the edges of the seat are big which wastes quite a bit of room. Some other seats are thinner which allows wider passengers inside the seat but the seat itself isnt much wider.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:22 PM

Talked with Sparco tech support today and he indicated the EVO II will fit, the EVO II US would be to wide for the S.
Research continues, keep it coming!
Old 03-17-2015, 04:24 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

why buy a race seat that doesn't have a halo? unless of course you have a cage + nets
Old 03-18-2015, 08:44 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

I picked up a Recaro SPG last year and installed it over this winter with Ballade rails. I look forward to trying it out on track next month when the tracks open back up.

Quick Reply: Race seats