S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 12-22-2014, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GravyRobber
I've been doing some reading on the Sparco EVO series, and its pretty confusing because they have re-named their entire line. The new "EVO II" is supposedly the same as the previous "EVO II Plus", and the new "EVO II US" is supposed to be the same as the previous "EVO III". It just makes it confusing when reading reviews because, depending on when the review was done, it might be a completely different seat than the one you are actually buying. Just thought I'd pass this along as a warning to anyone looking into the EVO seats. The EVO II is now on my radar.
Wish I would have seen this before wasting 40 minutes trying to figure that out :-/ But now the Evo 2 is on my radar also.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:31 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm also very curious about the Momo supercup. I just hate to be the one that has to buy one on a whim only to find it doesn't work for me or the car. Unfortunately there is nowhere local to try one out either.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by manolo1492
Anyone have any input on the Momo supercups and OMP Champ-R regarding fitment in car and on me? I'm 6'2" 205lbs 34 waist 33 inseam. If you have any better seat suggestions in the same price range I would love to hear them ($700 or less per seat). Thanks in advance!

Actually, just looked at the specs for the Sparco Evo 2, non US model, and I think thats prob the way to go
I don't think you'll fit comfortably in the Momo Supercup. The XL version may be ok. I had the Momo Start in my old RX7 and it was a tight fit for me at the time of 6' 165lbs. A friend who was little taller and heavier (not fat) couldn't fit in it. The Supercup (non XL) has very similar dimensions as the Start:

http://www.momo-uk.co.uk/images/Raci...Chart-2013.gif

Granted, where your weight is may be different than my buddy but if you are considering the Momo line the XL would likely be your best option.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:28 PM

Merry Christmas eve. I have a pole position and mono super cup. Both fit easily in the car. 6'2 200lb 32" waist, bigger shoulders former collegiate swimmer. The mono is much tighter in the hips than the pp. I think 34" waist would be on the widest you would want to be in the supercup.

The pp is much more generous in the shoulders, which may or may not be an issue for you. The mono has a substantial lift at the edge of the seat, which supports a more bent leg angle. Depending on your driving position/leg extension this may be note worthy. I've got longer legs 34 inseam which I found the support beneficial. I've since installed an omp wheel which negated the need to be as close to the stock wheel.

The shoulder holes on the mono are larger and more suited for taller people if you are going with harnesses and or serious tracking.

I ran the mono for my driver seat for about a yr. Unfortunately my tracking has been non-existent, and recently gone back to the pole position. Less supportive but more comfortable. If you track a lot the mono may be a better fit. Also you can get the mono for significantly under list price. I think I paid 500-550. On paper the evo 2 looked like a good fit for me as well. Good luck.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:53 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^ that's exactly the input I wanted. Thanks! Unfortunately it sounds like the Supercup won't work for me. I'm a 36 waist, 35 on a good day.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
^ that's exactly the input I wanted. Thanks! Unfortunately it sounds like the Supercup won't work for me. I'm a 36 waist, 35 on a good day.
I just picked up OMP HTE-R XL, and going stricly by your 35-36 waist, you should fit in it very comfortably
Old 12-27-2014, 10:36 AM

Thanks Duffsr & Mahjik for the info!!!

I ended up going with the Evo 2 (non US, same as old Evo Plus). Got the seat today and I fit perfectly in it with the exemption of my shoulders. I have fairly broad shoulders as well, and when I sit back in the seat my shoulders feel slightly crunched and pushed forward, similar to the stock seats. Its not uncomfortable per say, but thinking it might be an issue when I start doing track days. Or is this how the shoulders are supposed to fit in the seats? I think if I get a wider seat I would have to remove the interior panels, and the seat might end up being too wide for my waist. Thanks again!

Manny
Old 12-27-2014, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by copmagnet82
I just picked up OMP HTE-R XL, and going stricly by your 35-36 waist, you should fit in it very comfortably
did you actually get it in an S? i didnt even think it would be cose.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:10 PM

1) recaro pole position buddy club rails seat belt reciever needs to be extended with metal plate seat is touching carpet
2) 34
3) 6'1"
4) 42" jacket. The seat is tight for me getting in requires supporting myself with my hand on the door sill and center console and dropping my butt into the seat, a pita with hardtop.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
Originally Posted by copmagnet82' timestamp='1419514361' post='23447330

did you actually get it in an S? i didnt even think it would be cose.
now that you said that, a little disclaimer should be added; my car is gutted

Quick Reply: Race seats