S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 10-02-2014, 07:39 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sabelt Taurus(GT-160) XL Driver, L Passenger

Custom hard mounted to the OEM locations

Old 10-02-2014, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by austincrx
I have this seat. I will simply say it won't fit. The halo will not allow you to put the window up, and if you have a hardtop, then you will need to bolt the seat side mounts directly to the floor in order to make it move far enough back. You will also probably have to cut some of the transmission tunnel (upper portion near the parking brake handle) out to make it fit.

Did you already purchase and install it? I'm probably going to end up selling it and buying a seat without a halo because the seat won't fit around the rollcage in my car.
My car doesn't have any windows, so I probably wouldn't care if it sticks out or not, but do you have any pictures just to see if it's really bad?

I really should go to some stores or find someone in Chicago to test the seats. Being big sucks. How much for the seat. You can PM me, if you'd rather do that.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
cory did you mount to the existing seat bolt holes in the floor or did you just drill new ones?
Existing. Got home too late tonight to take pics, sorry.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic' timestamp='1412127262' post='23351499
Also, OMP has a few seats. I was going to get this seat as it was closer in dimensions to the Sparco Evo2 that I had before but the Pro ADV was way too good of a deal to pass up.

http://www.racerpart...acingSeat/Seats

Looking at the specs, I'm sure you would fit just fine in that seat.
I have this seat. I will simply say it won't fit. The halo will not allow you to put the window up, and if you have a hardtop, then you will need to bolt the seat side mounts directly to the floor in order to make it move far enough back. You will also probably have to cut some of the transmission tunnel (upper portion near the parking brake handle) out to make it fit.

Did you already purchase and install it? I'm probably going to end up selling it and buying a seat without a halo because the seat won't fit around the rollcage in my car.
Ah. That sucks... I'm glad I didn't get that seat now.ha

I have the Pro ADV in my pictures.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:02 PM
bdo

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
Take a look at the Sparco Ergo. That was one of my choices.
Do you happen to know if the Ergo will fit in the car?
Old 10-03-2014, 05:12 PM

I do not.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
Originally Posted by austincrx' timestamp='1412260133' post='23353624
[quote name='nissanfanatic' timestamp='1412127262' post='23351499']
Also, OMP has a few seats. I was going to get this seat as it was closer in dimensions to the Sparco Evo2 that I had before but the Pro ADV was way too good of a deal to pass up.

http://www.racerpart...acingSeat/Seats

Looking at the specs, I'm sure you would fit just fine in that seat.

Ah. That sucks... I'm glad I didn't get that seat now.ha

I have the Pro ADV in my pictures.
[/quote]

Good job then! The RS-PT/PT2 is just a really THICK seat. It sounds odd, but it's true. The sides of the halo are about 2.5 inches thick, so that adds 5 inches to the width of the Halo, and the seat in general is a fair bit wider than a lot of the other ones I looked at. I didn't even think about it when I bought it. Unfortunately any other similar seats seemed to be in the $1000 price range
Old 10-05-2014, 05:28 AM

Good job then! The RS-PT/PT2 is just a really THICK seat. It sounds odd, but it's true. The sides of the halo are about 2.5 inches thick, so that adds 5 inches to the width of the Halo, and the seat in general is a fair bit wider than a lot of the other ones I looked at. I didn't even think about it when I bought it. Unfortunately any other similar seats seemed to be in the $1000 price range
okay, so I looked at the specs for both the OMP RS-PT2 and Sparco Pro ADV and the max with of RS-PT2 is 540mm and the halo is even narrower than that just by looking at the drawings, and the Sparco is 540mm at the halo and 630mm at the shoulders Also, the width of the butt area is 375mm for RS-PT2 and 330mm for Pro ADV (I wonder if OMP specs are just for the shell with not cushions). Also, RS-PT2 in 50mm shorter than the Pro ADV. Taking all this into account, I'm confused how the RS-PT2 does not fit in the car I wonder if it's just the way your cage is built?
Old 10-05-2014, 09:21 AM

damn, i literally just came in here to ask about that OMP seat. I just put a budy club in my evo with intentions of making it a passenger seat for next year as it fits my upper back terrible. I sat in the OMP XL at HMS yesterday and it is VERY comfortable (Im 6 foot, 36-38 waist, 250 pounds). Im 99% sure it will fit in my evo, an it would have been awesome to just be able to swap the seat car to car...dammit
Old 10-05-2014, 09:52 AM

Which OMP XL have you sat in? Why would you not be able to swap seats from car to car? As long as you have the bracket it's only a few bolts.

Quick Reply: Race seats