S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like that Profi XL is sitting on the floor mounts with no sliders? Hard to tell in the photo. Also it looks like the shoulder bolster might be hitting the door pannel as it does on the normal profi model just barely.

Originally Posted by //steve\\
^Just saw this thread again and thought I would post an update. I do currently have a Pole Position in the car and while it takes a little bit to get used to buckling the belt it's become so easy that it doesn't take me any longer now than it did with the factory belt. If you think you might track the car I wouldn't do the Pole Position. At 6'3" there is no way the harness are not going to be too low.

I do have a Profi XL sitting in my room that I haven't gotten around to fitting in the car just yet. I will be using a custom mount for the floor that I'll have a friend make. Right now I have some universal black sides that I will be trying to use unless they just don't fit. I fail to believe that the Profi XL can't be mounted low enough. I actually talked to a guy on here that has them in his s2k and he said with a custom rail he was able to get the seat bottom just about on the floor. It'll probably take some experimenting to get it just right. One of these days I'm going to just set it in the car with the sidemounts to see how it sits. If it looks overly impossible then I'll just sell it and let someone else try. If it looks reasonably doable we'll go for it.

With the harness holes being quite a bit bigger I also think I'll be able to put the belt receptacle through the harness hole instead of going over the bolster like with my pole position. I'm about 99.9% sure there is no way you could go over the bolster with the Profi XL as it will sit right up against the transmission tunnel.

Here is a pic from the guy I spoke with and if you ask me that looks like the seat is pretty darn low.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^you are correct. I spoke with the owner of that car. It's a fixed bracket for the floor. No slider. It does rub slightly on the door. The seat has the exact same shoulder width (580mm) as the regular Profi so that should be expected.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone used this: http://store.cdoc.com/ompseatadapterbracket.aspx
I'm looking to get my OMP seat down lower and more secure
Old 09-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^I'd be curious to see what the s2000 one looks like as well. Would be much easier than me having to try and make a custom floor mount.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

running a 05(i think maybe newer) sparco rev with buddy club sliders. I have it sitting at the lowest point in the back and one up in the front. Im 6'1 155-160lb 32 waist. at first I was not used to it and it felt too snug around the hip area. after a couple days I got used to it. its been almost two months and I love it. personally I think its more comfortable than stock. I don't know if I would like to sit lower. How its set up right now is perfect. Ill post a pic when I get a chance.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Recaro Profi and BC rails on it's way. I'm really hoping that it's not too narrow for my hips and legs. I sat in a Sparco EVO and it was too narrow but an EvoII was fine. Called around and no Recaros to try out. Hard to compare apples to apples from one company to another on spec sheets, but after measuring my hips (14.5" wide) and comparing it to the way I fit in the Sparco EVO, I think the Sparco EVO shell was maybe a tad over 14" shell to shell b/c I literally had to squeez into that seat bottom. Sparco shows a 14" measurement for Z on their spec sheet and it looks like Z represents the most inside Padding dimension, "My ass begs to differ" http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/26.pdf

I'm really hoping the Recaro Profi is wider than the Sparco EVO shell to shell in the butt area. I don't really want to order the Pole position or Profi XL b/c of possible OEM seatbelt doesn't look like it will be positioned correctly going over the bolster. Also the PP wont have tall enough sholder holes if I go with a cage in the future. The Profi XL could probably be worked out with a custom buckle setup with the OEM 3pt but I'd rather not start drilling holes in my car just yet.

BTW I'm 6'3" , 35.5" inseam, 190lbs, wear 34" pants but wear 33" slacks for a proper fit. Clothed, I'm about 14.5" hip bone to hip bone after having my g/f measure measure me.

I'll report back on how it fits me by next week.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dan_uk
anyone used this: http://store.cdoc.com/ompseatadapterbracket.aspx
I'm looking to get my OMP seat down lower and more secure
I use this bracket and am very happy with it. The only downside is that it's quite heavy.

I drilled lower holes in the side mounts so that the bottom rear of the seat is touching this bracket.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone used Recaro sidemount brackets with their seats? I have a Recaro Pole Position coming in and wanted to know if I'll be able to mount my seat as low or lower than my oem seat. I'm also thinking of using the Recaro sidemounts with a Planted seat adapter bracket...similar to the one turbo8765 uses above. Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OceansS2K
Has anyone used Recaro sidemount brackets with their seats? I have a Recaro Pole Position coming in and wanted to know if I'll be able to mount my seat as low or lower than my oem seat. I'm also thinking of using the Recaro sidemounts with a Planted seat adapter bracket...similar to the one turbo8765 uses above. Any help is appreciated.

If you are mounting with no sliders and want the seat low, the usualy seat floor mounts dont work well because they have the cross brace. the butt of the seat will hit there.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bump and interested in ultrashield or kirkey seat options

Quick Reply: Race seats