S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 08-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cobra seats (Evolution, Suzuka) have holes pretty high up. That was the reason I went with Evo seat. In Pole Position seat I completely cover the holes - in Cobra seat they are at the proper level for using harnesses+HANS.

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Digging this back up. What seats are people using that have higher harness holes? I have a pole position in my car now and it feels great to me. My only complaint would be that for my size the harness holes are about 1" too low. What kind of problems are created from the holes being off a little bit? One thing I love about the seat too is it looks far better than anything else on the market (well all Recaros for that matter). I'm not to the point where I'm looking for pure function. I still want to try and fit an Profi XL seat in the car.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 AM

Digging this back up. What seats are people using that have higher harness holes? I have a pole position in my car now and it feels great to me. My only complaint would be that for my size the harness holes are about 1" too low. What kind of problems are created from the holes being off a little bit? One thing I love about the seat too is it looks far better than anything else on the market (well all Recaros for that matter). I'm not to the point where I'm looking for pure function. I still want to try and fit an Profi XL seat in the car.
I went through this. I test fit a Recaro Profi XL in the car. It doesn't fit unless you are going to mount it useslessly high. I'm 6'2" 205lbs and have a Sparco Evo 2 Plus mounted to the floor. Harness openings are in a perfect place...
Old 08-02-2011, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajjra
Originally Posted by //steve\\' timestamp='1312296628' post='20838847
I went through this. I test fit a Recaro Profi XL in the car. It doesn't fit unless you are going to mount it useslessly high. I'm 6'2" 205lbs and have a Sparco Evo 2 Plus mounted to the floor. Harness openings are in a perfect place...
what mounts are you using?
Old 08-02-2011, 02:57 PM

Brey Krausse mounts for Sparco seats for the 911 that were shaved in the front to accommodate the S2000 floor. It was a custom install. FAR from plug and play.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ajjra
Brey Krausse mounts for Sparco seats for the 911 that were shaved in the front to accommodate the S2000 floor. It was a custom install. FAR from plug and play.
So you used custom mounts for the Profi XL and it sat too high? according to the dimension I have seen for the Profi regular versus the XL, it's only a wider seat down low and a taller back. It should not sit any higher than the regular SPG Profi.

I'm 6'3" 34 waist and I'm a bit more leg than torso with a 35.5" inseam. I hear the Pole Position has OEM seatbelt issues but the SPG profi doesn't. I'm considering the Profi XL over the Pole Position soley b/c of this.

Does anyone think that using the OEM seatbelt with the Pole position is fine or is the access to the button too difficult? I'd rather get the Pole position if it's usable for DD and Autocross.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:37 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^Just saw this thread again and thought I would post an update. I do currently have a Pole Position in the car and while it takes a little bit to get used to buckling the belt it's become so easy that it doesn't take me any longer now than it did with the factory belt. If you think you might track the car I wouldn't do the Pole Position. At 6'3" there is no way the harness are not going to be too low.

I do have a Profi XL sitting in my room that I haven't gotten around to fitting in the car just yet. I will be using a custom mount for the floor that I'll have a friend make. Right now I have some universal black sides that I will be trying to use unless they just don't fit. I fail to believe that the Profi XL can't be mounted low enough. I actually talked to a guy on here that has them in his s2k and he said with a custom rail he was able to get the seat bottom just about on the floor. It'll probably take some experimenting to get it just right. One of these days I'm going to just set it in the car with the sidemounts to see how it sits. If it looks overly impossible then I'll just sell it and let someone else try. If it looks reasonably doable we'll go for it.

With the harness holes being quite a bit bigger I also think I'll be able to put the belt receptacle through the harness hole instead of going over the bolster like with my pole position. I'm about 99.9% sure there is no way you could go over the bolster with the Profi XL as it will sit right up against the transmission tunnel.

Here is a pic from the guy I spoke with and if you ask me that looks like the seat is pretty darn low.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:19 PM

^Just saw this thread again and thought I would post an update. I do currently have a Pole Position in the car and while it takes a little bit to get used to buckling the belt it's become so easy that it doesn't take me any longer now than it did with the factory belt. If you think you might track the car I wouldn't do the Pole Position. At 6'3" there is no way the harness are not going to be too low.

I do have a Profi XL sitting in my room that I haven't gotten around to fitting in the car just yet. I will be using a custom mount for the floor that I'll have a friend make. Right now I have some universal black sides that I will be trying to use unless they just don't fit. I fail to believe that the Profi XL can't be mounted low enough. I actually talked to a guy on here that has them in his s2k and he said with a custom rail he was able to get the seat bottom just about on the floor. It'll probably take some experimenting to get it just right. One of these days I'm going to just set it in the car with the sidemounts to see how it sits. If it looks overly impossible then I'll just sell it and let someone else try. If it looks reasonably doable we'll go for it.

With the harness holes being quite a bit bigger I also think I'll be able to put the belt receptacle through the harness hole instead of going over the bolster like with my pole position. I'm about 99.9% sure there is no way you could go over the bolster with the Profi XL as it will sit right up against the transmission tunnel.

Here is a pic from the guy I spoke with and if you ask me that looks like the seat is pretty darn low.

I'd paypal you $20 to test fit it tonight lol!
EDIt: I was thinking that the belt receptacle could go through the seat holt but that's a fat chance when looking at a normal SPG https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/gallery/p...647__file__med

I'm tall and skinny but still a full 34" waist with 15" hip bone to hip bone so the regular SPG will be too tight I think. The sparco EVO2 and EVO2+ fit me well. Pro 2000 felt a bit too tight.

I'd just use the buddy club rail first, then custom down the road if really needed.

I just got a quote from a local shop so I might pick up the Profi XL and give a whirl. Hopefully the side bolster isn't too much higher than the normal SPG profi or Pole position
Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

pm'd you
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by berny2435
Originally Posted by Ajjra' timestamp='1312325847' post='20840780
So you used custom mounts for the Profi XL and it sat too high? according to the dimension I have seen for the Profi regular versus the XL, it's only a wider seat down low and a taller back. It should not sit any higher than the regular SPG Profi.

I'm 6'3" 34 waist and I'm a bit more leg than torso with a 35.5" inseam. I hear the Pole Position has OEM seatbelt issues but the SPG profi doesn't. I'm considering the Profi XL over the Pole Position soley b/c of this.

Does anyone think that using the OEM seatbelt with the Pole position is fine or is the access to the button too difficult? I'd rather get the Pole position if it's usable for DD and Autocross.
I'm 6'4" 245 lbs. With buddy club rails was able to get pole position to pretty much sit on the floor. I used a 1/4" metal stock to extend the seat belt buckle so the release button is not an issue. Can't comment on the harness as I only autocross. Even with helmet and top up is not too bad. Also changed out one of the seat cushion/foam for a thinner piece, but that was more for leg comfort and avoiding the steering wheel with my knee.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Gumby
I'm 6'4" 245 lbs. With buddy club rails was able to get pole position to pretty much sit on the floor. I used a 1/4" metal stock to extend the seat belt buckle so the release button is not an issue. Can't comment on the harness as I only autocross. Even with helmet and top up is not too bad. Also changed out one of the seat cushion/foam for a thinner piece, but that was more for leg comfort and avoiding the steering wheel with my knee.
Did you take any pictures of the modification?
Is the added pc extending the OEM metal pc or is it extending the area in which that pc bolts to?

In pictures I've seen of the Pole position, the belt is not really in a position that it really should be as it doesn't look like it's going to put reward tension on the hips when the body moves forward. Could be a safety issue.
Does the lap belt fit tight enough? Even for a someone that is 6'3" 190?

Quick Reply: Race seats