S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also got my PCI bracket recently. I was able to mount my Cobra Evolution seat nicely on it. Here are couple crappy iPad pictures. Seems to be sitting pretty low. Hopefully it will fit as nicely in the car too. Will update soon with better pictures.
Just a heads up that Recaro Pole Position will fit with this bracket only if you flip provided side mounts "inside out" so mounting bolts are on the inside, under the seat.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by geras003
I also got my PCI bracket recently. I was able to mount my Cobra Evolution seat nicely on it. Here are couple crappy iPad pictures. Seems to be sitting pretty low. Hopefully it will fit as nicely in the car too. Will update soon with better pictures.
Just a heads up that Recaro Pole Position will fit with this bracket only if you flip provided side mounts "inside out" so mounting bolts are on the inside, under the seat.
Any installed pics yet?

How low is the mounting in the car with the PCI mounts?

I want to mount mine as low as possible, which might mean building a custom mount...
Old 05-31-2011, 05:24 AM

Wasn't able to get my seat in with provided side mounts... The way bottom bracket is sitting in a car it seems like I need one side mount be positioned with the bottom bracket under the seat and one with a bracket outside the seat, if that makes sense. But provided side mounts are not symmetrical left to right so I can't do it. I also think it might be a common problem for other seats too. But with custom made side mounts I think I can get the seat basically sitting on the floor.
PCI Bracket itself is very high quality, very sturdy, once bolted to the floor - I just wish it has more adjustability... I think it needs little more work. I will try to contact manufacturer who makes them - may be he can correct it in his design - that will make a awesome product.

I will try to post some pictures.

Originally Posted by yonson
Originally Posted by geras003' timestamp='1306187486' post='20606916
Any installed pics yet?

I want to mount mine as low as possible, which might mean building a custom mount...
Old 06-03-2011, 10:14 AM

Just bought a Recaro Profi SPG and loving it! I am a 31-32 waist.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:14 PM

Progress:

Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM

Harness bar welded in and painted so it matched my Hard Dog Roll Bar.

Sparco Evo3 seat installed. Had to trim the left wing slightly. But it's not noticeable with the seat fabric back on.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Males complete sense to me. My custom fab'ed mounts are exactly the same. Both side mount to the left to sit the seat where is needed to be. It sure would be nice if there was a way to buy them one at a time. But you never know for sure what you need until yountry it.. I think I mounted the driver seat 5 times total to get it right. Four times with custom mounts. It was a real effort to get it right, but in the end it is mounted securely and in the right location. For me, he rear of the seat sits on the floor pan and the fornt is about 2-3" off the pan.

Originally Posted by geras003
Wasn't able to get my seat in with provided side mounts... The way bottom bracket is sitting in a car it seems like I need one side mount be positioned with the bottom bracket under the seat and one with a bracket outside the seat, if that makes sense. But provided side mounts are not symmetrical left to right so I can't do it. I also think it might be a common problem for other seats too. But with custom made side mounts I think I can get the seat basically sitting on the floor.
PCI Bracket itself is very high quality, very sturdy, once bolted to the floor - I just wish it has more adjustability... I think it needs little more work. I will try to contact manufacturer who makes them - may be he can correct it in his design - that will make a awesome product.

I will try to post some pictures.

Originally Posted by yonson' timestamp='1306809805' post='20632317
[quote name='geras003' timestamp='1306187486' post='20606916']
Any installed pics yet?

[/quote]
Old 06-16-2011, 10:00 AM

I tried four different brands of seats and found only one that was a perfect fit, that was the F1 SPEC R1. It's produced in SF, ca. It folds like the org. seats, built on a alum. frame with fiberglass shell and it's set up to handle a 5 point harness. I love mine.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oldsoldier
I tried four different brands of seats and found only one that was a perfect fit, that was the F1 SPEC R1. It's produced in SF, ca. It folds like the org. seats, built on a alum. frame with fiberglass shell and it's set up to handle a 5 point harness. I love mine.
Do you mean a reclining seat? If so, then it's not really a race seat though, is it? A friend had a fixed back F1 seat in his Miata and he said it was very uncomfortable--very little padding.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:50 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Digging this back up. What seats are people using that have higher harness holes? I have a pole position in my car now and it feels great to me. My only complaint would be that for my size the harness holes are about 1" too low. What kind of problems are created from the holes being off a little bit? One thing I love about the seat too is it looks far better than anything else on the market (well all Recaros for that matter). I'm not to the point where I'm looking for pure function. I still want to try and fit an Profi XL seat in the car.

Quick Reply: Race seats