S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VERY interesting! Mine is a 2001. I'm 5'11, 33" inseam and like the seat pretty close so I'm surprised that yours works well at 6'2"! Do you have the stock carpet and trans tunnel covering? I do. Even with the rail out of the car, if you put the stock right rear bolt through the hole my rails can't slide over the bolt head. When the bolt is in it's furthest inboard position in the slotted hole the bolt will just slide inside the U-shaped upper rail. But to do that I'd have to beat the floorpan/trans tunnel to allow the rail to sit further outboard than it normally does.

Maybe it's a seat height thing? I have the rear side mounts in the 2nd lowest position and the front side mounts in the lowest position. I could see if it was raised higher then the receptacle would be lower than the rolled edge of the seat, making some of the issues go away. But I got this setup to get my head out of the soft top frame when wearing a helmet.

The buckle definitely sits well forward onto my right leg though, I can't imagine that could be different regardless of setup given the relatively short slots in the side mounting holes.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you guys familiar with THESE seat brackets? PCI is in So Cal and I am going to drive down there, hopefully next week to test fit one in my car. Will be using my old Sparco Evo seat to test fit.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Vitt
Are you guys familiar with THESE seat brackets? PCI is in So Cal and I am going to drive down there, hopefully next week to test fit one in my car. Will be using my old Sparco Evo seat to test fit.
Interesting, might have to pick these up.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitt
Thats just a fixed mount though. No sliders. If you add sliders, its basically same as a recaro or sparco mount system. will sit higher too :/
Old 05-04-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Motoring
Thats just a fixed mount though. No sliders. If you add sliders, its basically same as a recaro or sparco mount system. will sit higher too :/
But for track purposes that would work for me. Once I find the right position I never move my seat, so I don't need sliders. I have to see it close up but it looks like there is a lot of adjustability sideways which should help in fitting many seats.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:38 PM

Recaro Pole Position
Size 29 waist
5'8
135lbs

dd on these is awesome, love the extra crotch space. Car is a dd reason why i chose this over the Recaro SPG.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^ I would think the Pole Position would be gigantic for your size. I daily drove one for over a year and I'm 6' 235 and 36 waist and it was still plenty comfy for me. I'd think even the SPG/Profi would be a little large for you as guys up to a 34 waist say they can fit in that seat.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey still wanting to go racing? my car may be for sale. contact me. Gerry
Old 05-05-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by assalbert
Recaro Pole Position
Size 29 waist
5'8
135lbs

dd on these is awesome, love the extra crotch space. Car is a dd reason why i chose this over the Recaro SPG.

Originally Posted by //steve\\
^ I would think the Pole Position would be gigantic for your size. I daily drove one for over a year and I'm 6' 235 and 36 waist and it was still plenty comfy for me. I'd think even the SPG/Profi would be a little large for you as guys up to a 34 waist say they can fit in that seat.
Based on my experience, even with a 29 waist, a Pole Position would be perfect for DD. It would be a "comfort" setup, the leg bolsters are much lower and very easy to get in and out of. Long road trips are no problem. Obviously you'll give up some support on track compared to say a Profi or Spa, but it makes the car much easier to live with.

With the Profi, it was still livable but a bit harder to deal with on a daily basis. Something you get used to after a while, passengers (read: girls) seemed to complain.

If you can find a Recaro RS-G, that would be optimal. Most comfortable and supportive seat I've ever had.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by gerryk
hey still wanting to go racing? my car may be for sale. contact me. Gerry
I might be interested in the shocks if you will sell them off the car.

Quick Reply: Race seats