S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It rubs the door. I know someone local that has that seat.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jelanier
Thanks for the link. This is a link showing a completely different rule. +30 to -5. I am not disputing or arguing, just learning

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/16.pdf Jim
Agreed. I just want to be as safe as possible out there and share any helpful info, as I think most ppl in the R&C forum are. Lots to learn. Thanks for that info.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:26 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jelanier
Originally Posted by Vitt' timestamp='1302708404' post='20461799
Check pages 12 and 13 HERE

Must start at horizontal plane and no more than 20 degrees down. Also scroll up a bit and check pg. 8.
Thanks for the link. This is a link showing a completely different rule. +30 to -5. I am not disputing or arguing, just learning

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/16.pdf

Jim
I'm starting to learn there is no "standard"...since various documentation say different things.

Shoulder Belts - Prevent forward movement and the shoulders from twisting
Sub Belt - Prevents submarining, as well as preventing the lap belts from rising up into the chest/stomach area.
Lap belts - Prevents hips from forward movement, and from falling out of the seat in a roll-over (ie. same way roller-coaster bars/belts work)

I don't have anything on hand to validate the above, but it's always what I've been told from various tech inspectors. If anyone can clarify, that'd be great. The intent of each piece (designed to work together)... should dictate how they are mounted, one would think.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by GT Motoring
Originally Posted by robinson' timestamp='1302395518' post='20448662
[quote name='bronxbomber252' timestamp='1302369151' post='20447861']
[quote name='robinson' timestamp='1302368259' post='20447833']
Yeah, seat buying sucks. I purchased two seats myself without sitting in them. The first was too small, recaro SPG profi, the second was just right, sparco pro 2000. Both had required different hardware to fit properly.
2 questions, how is the fitment in the car of the Sparco? and what hardware did you need to fit the Sparco v. the Recaro
The recaro used taitec rails, the sparco could not go low enough with the taitec base so I purchased the buddy club base, and used the taitec mounting hardware. Then I cut (sparco) the left shoulder wing to fit inside the door. I also used some rubber to push the seat belt receiver out so I could reach it from above and between the tunnel and the seat. The sparco was much more work to fit, but it fit me better than the recaro.
[/quote]

What did your sparco end up looking like after you had to chop the one side some to fit the car?

Was the Pole position not right fit for you? Just seems like alot of work to make that fit, and cut up a new seat too.
[/quote]

https://www.s2ki.com...82116-sparco-1/
Old 04-20-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got some Buddy Club seat rails in to mount Recaro Pole Position seats in my 2001. Wow, the welds are extremely small and poorly done on these! I will not trust my life to these, I'll have someone re-weld them for me. There are three pieces of steel sandwiched together. They laid a thin bead across the edges of all three and then painted it. I'm not 100% certain it would qualify as a tack weld.

So, plan on welding these before installation. I'll do this after a test fit to confirm there's nothing else wrong with them. Maybe I just got a bad set, but each of the 8 welds is clearly insufficient.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by captain_pants
I got some Buddy Club seat rails in to mount Recaro Pole Position seats in my 2001. Wow, the welds are extremely small and poorly done on these! I will not trust my life to these, I'll have someone re-weld them for me. There are three pieces of steel sandwiched together. They laid a thin bead across the edges of all three and then painted it. I'm not 100% certain it would qualify as a tack weld.

So, plan on welding these before installation. I'll do this after a test fit to confirm there's nothing else wrong with them. Maybe I just got a bad set, but each of the 8 welds is clearly insufficient.
Someone had the welds on their BC rails come apart when they sat in their car. Found the link here:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/703...ddy+club+welds
Old 04-21-2011, 03:24 AM

Looks more like bad penetration. A small tack weld done right will take a ton of abuse.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captain_pants

ooh
apparently they still have these issues

In fact I'm planning the exact same setup. Having already the Recaro PP and just ordered the Buddy Club rails. Because apparently these are the only ones to get the Pole Position seat lower than with any other rail.

Anyway I will carefuly inspect them and probably have them rewelded in any case!
Old 04-21-2011, 12:50 PM

taitec is the other option..
Old 04-21-2011, 07:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Will the taitec rails fit on the Pole Position? I remember reading something that they are only good for the skinny seats

I'd like to know if anyone uses the Pole Position with anything other than the buddy clubs. Im not a fan of buying something just to have to re-weld it so its safe.

Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Race seats