S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 04-01-2011, 02:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bronxbomber252
Well IIRC you run SCCA and run STR.... in ALL SCCA autox classes (including stock) you are allowed a roll bar. The harddog roll bar is fine for STR/Stock/whatever as long as you keep all the interior bits and OEM roll hoops, the required trimming of the trim is OK.
And there lies the rub. The only legal rollbar that retains the stock interior is the harddog with the harness bar above the secret compartment. While that's fine for autocross, it is not fine if you are at the track wearing a HANS. The shoulder harness angle is completely wrong. I'm only staying in STR until the meadowlands prosolo and Dover tour. After that, the rear is getting gutted and soft top removed to fit a proper rollbar with the correct lower harness bar so I can go back to the track.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What width can you use without them hitting the door panels? Where do you get brackets to mount them?

Jim
Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

570mm from what have been reading fits while 580 is really close with a small amount of rubbing on the door side.

Is the pole position a good fit for someone with a 33" waist? I am afraid it will be a bit too big.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:18 PM

I'm using a JDM Recaro RS-G SK with Recaro rails/sliders.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:47 PM

I found some measurements for the harness holes on the pole positions. Looks like they are too low for me. I measure 25" of shoulder height when sitting down.

The pole position is about 23" and 1/4 to the middle of the hole for a harness. This is with the cusion and it not being compressed. Compressed i would add maybe a 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch to that.

I think it would be really useful for everyone to measure the seats for this since it isn't something the manufacturers are providing.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:14 AM

Recaro SPGs harness holes are right at 34 1/2 inches from the cushion. Looks like the better bet for people with longer torsos. I need to find one to sit in Georgia so I can see if the height from the cushion to the top is ok and if my hips will be comfortable. I sat in a Cobra imola pro and it was too narrow at 14.5". Unfortunately Recaro shows measurements that are nearly useless. OMP, Cobra etc at least show the inner width of the seat and measure height in terms that can compare.

Anyone have a SPG in georgia or a Cobra Suzuka pro/S that I can sit in? Only reason I am considering the Cobra as they are good for taller people and the wings are smaller than the SPG so they can fit.
The customer service still scares me quite a bit.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:31 AM

I just ordered a Sparco Evo 3 because I'm convinced I can make it fit. Should be an interesting process. Will definitely take photos.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tunerplayground
I just ordered a Sparco Evo 3 because I'm convinced I can make it fit. Should be an interesting process. Will definitely take photos.
I'll bring over the shoe horn Tom haha
Old 04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scareyourpassenger
Recaro SPGs harness holes are right at 34 1/2 inches from the cushion. Looks like the better bet for people with longer torsos. I need to find one to sit in Georgia so I can see if the height from the cushion to the top is ok and if my hips will be comfortable. I sat in a Cobra imola pro and it was too narrow at 14.5". Unfortunately Recaro shows measurements that are nearly useless. OMP, Cobra etc at least show the inner width of the seat and measure height in terms that can compare.

Anyone have a SPG in georgia or a Cobra Suzuka pro/S that I can sit in? Only reason I am considering the Cobra as they are good for taller people and the wings are smaller than the SPG so they can fit.
The customer service still scares me quite a bit.

Are you talking about the profi XL?, or the SPG? Recaro does not have any SPG model in their current USA lineup.
http://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/.../overview.html
Old 04-06-2011, 03:27 PM

seems like the spg is now called "profi", whereas it used to be called the profi spg. the "new" profi most resembles the spg. same thing, different name.

Quick Reply: Race seats