S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 03-31-2011, 04:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steguis
You wouldn't believe this but I squeezed in Sparco Pro2000 Plus seats on Buddy Club super low down rails in my AP1 after about a day of adjusting....LoL. Very tight fit, but it works. Unfortunately, autocross rules prevent me from running a proper rollbar/harness bar so that's going to wait until later this season so for now I'm still using my stock 3pt. I'm a pretty big buy so I'm held firmly in place.

1) Sparco Pro2000 Plus
2) 38"
3) 5'9"
4) Broad shouldered, fat dude

what do you mean by adjusting? did you have to mod the rails?

what do you also mean by autoX rules exactly? you can't run a harness bar according to autoX rules?

I just got lots of questions since I don't want to get the wrong parts due to rules and regs
Old 03-31-2011, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the road racers contemplating head winged seat, all you have to do is practice getting in and out with your full gear. We were tested on how fast we can get out of the race car with full gear and fully belted when I used to run with scca pro. You should practice this. Also make a habit to get in and out of the car with all your gear on. Don't put your helmet inside the car. This is a good practice that should develop into habit and will come in handy if you ever in situation. Now only if you can train with the car upside down. I've been upside down in a car before and I can tell you everything look unfamiliar once you buckled off and upright when you see everything inside your car upside down. Took me a while to find the door handle.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:11 AM

So from my reading so far I took it that the Recaro profi SPG will fit with a little trimming and fits a 33"-34" waist.
I think I read that it is meant for someone 5'10" or so. Anyone know how tall is idea for the shoulder harnesses for this seat?

I can't find a place to try a seat out except for discover parts in Georgia. They carry omp, which fit me great but won't fit the car.
Well except for the rspt2 which is too short for me.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No first hand experience but I've been told by a shop that a Cobra Sebring Pro fits the S very well: http://subesports.com/products/cat/S...ra/prodID/1956

Does anyone have first hand experience with Cobra seat quality? I read one account that Sparco's padding is much better than Cobra.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:55 AM

After reading this I think I have to ditch the idea of purchasing cobra seats.
Cobra issue reported by BMW owner
Old 04-01-2011, 05:12 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Everything I've read points to Sparco as having the most comfortable seats especially b/c of the pads you can buy to customize the fit. I wish they looked a tad better but can't have it all.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scareyourpassenger
After reading this I think I have to ditch the idea of purchasing cobra seats.
Cobra issue reported by BMW owner
Hmmm, thanks for the info. It was SubeSports that recommended the Cobra to me over the OMP seat mentioned in this thread.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 AM

The omp seats I sat in I loved! The WRC was extremely well constructed, comfortable breathed well and was the right height for me.
I would have bought it if it had fit in the car

If the omp fits you and your car I would get one. RSPT2 was too short for me at 5'11". The fabric wasn't as nice as the WRC but still nice.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scareyourpassenger
So from my reading so far I took it that the Recaro profi SPG will fit with a little trimming and fits a 33"-34" waist.
I think I read that it is meant for someone 5'10" or so. Anyone know how tall is idea for the shoulder harnesses for this seat?

I can't find a place to try a seat out except for discover parts in Georgia. They carry omp, which fit me great but won't fit the car.
Well except for the rspt2 which is too short for me.
The Pole position will fit with zero trimming and fits up to about a 36 waist or more. It does not hit the door, or block the center console. Its what we install in 90% of the S2ks we work on. I'm 6'2m and works well for me as well.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by steguis
You wouldn't believe this but I squeezed in Sparco Pro2000 Plus seats on Buddy Club super low down rails in my AP1 after about a day of adjusting....LoL. Very tight fit, but it works. Unfortunately, autocross rules prevent me from running a proper rollbar/harness bar so that's going to wait until later this season so for now I'm still using my stock 3pt. I'm a pretty big buy so I'm held firmly in place.

1) Sparco Pro2000 Plus
2) 38"
3) 5'9"
4) Broad shouldered, fat dude

Well IIRC you run SCCA and run STR.... in ALL SCCA autox classes (including stock) you are allowed a roll bar. The harddog roll bar is fine for STR/Stock/whatever as long as you keep all the interior bits and OEM roll hoops, the required trimming of the trim is OK.

Quick Reply: Race seats