S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Q: for people that have gone fast with a big rear wing

Old 12-04-2002, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jzr
[B]Nobody has mentioned any ill effects as the result of their rear wings, so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything's going to work okay!
Old 12-05-2002, 06:11 AM

the creature is alive and tested......but i haven't determined the date of its debut......still having too much fun giving birth to IT!
Old 12-05-2002, 05:17 PM

Originally posted by sfphinkterMC
the creature is alive and tested......but i haven't determined the date of its debut......still having too much fun giving birth to IT!
lol, I'm interested to see it, what are you running up front for downforce?
Old 12-14-2002, 09:55 PM
jzr

Well, it's official - wings and spoilers are useless! You don't want to buy or build one, for sure. The drag will just slow you down, and the girls all think they're ugly. Without doubt, really, it's not worth it doing - trust me on this one.

Old 12-14-2002, 10:20 PM

Well...here's my two cents. I guess some people buy it for downforce, but admittedly, some do buy it for the BOYRACER look. So in other words, it's a matter of choice.

Some interesting facts - S2Ks with GT wings : VEILSIDE S2K, TOPSECRET S2K, AMUSE S2K, J's RACING S2K, MCR S2K, SPOON N1 S2K

Well, i guess its kinda like a trend currently in Japan with GT wings - shud check out the S2Ks on the roads of Japan. Just like GT-wings are a trend in Japan nowadays, mounting of gauges on gauge mounts (something like the APEXi gauge mount) on the centre dash are more common nowadays in Japan...so pillar mounts are less popular nowadays.

I didn't get the car for the girls, i got the car for ME. How i style it, its my choice.

--------------
J-Spec Black S2K - Cusco TwinBlade GT wing
Old 12-15-2002, 02:51 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jzr
[B]Well, it's official - wings and spoilers are useless!
Old 12-15-2002, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

jzr, bringing the s2k to nascar specs

ROFL

Actually that wing worked very well for both jason's at SoW. I was quite impressed with their times.

-Ry
Old 12-15-2002, 11:21 AM

>>In essence, I do not think that you need a lot of downforce on the S2000. Once the high-speed lift is eliminated, the car sticks pretty good. At least that's my butt-dyno experience with the 3-piece spoiler on the Carousel at Road America and Turn 11 at Grattan.<<

You can't get real downforce from spoilers and air dams. You need grund effects tunnels and other underbody stuff. Basically if you can cut or reduce any high speed lift and keep things balanced f/r you are in good shape. If you wind up with much downforce from spoilers and dams you are likely to have TONS of drag.

Stan
Old 12-15-2002, 08:46 PM
jzr

Harry, I think my abstract sense of humor slipped past you - or maybe it was just a "you had to be there" kind of joke. You'll note that about 10 or 15 posts above I make mention of the silver S2000 race car using both Mugen aero devices, in addition to a colorfully painted version of the same front splitter I have on my car. I never had any doubt aerodynamic aids could help the car.

As for "In essence, I do not think that you need a lot of downforce on the S2000." - nonsense! If you want to make a car faster, you need more power, less weight, more grip. With the chassis as a constant, more grip comes from two places - wider/stickier tires and downforce. Saying one doesn't need a lot of downforce is like saying one doesn't need a lot of power, and we all know this is untrue.

The hacked-together spoiler I built worked better than I possibly imagined it could. I have simply never driven a car so well hooked up. The car was just so stable everywhere, out on track it was as if I could do no wrong, which certainly hasn't been the case in the past. The help in the rear of the car was just what it needed. But enough tooting of my own horn, maybe j2k will chime in sometime - he got the best before/after impression of its effects that afternoon.

Rylan, if you thought Nascar specs were out there, wait 'till you see Can-Am specs!

Just remember kiddies, you saw it here first
Old 12-16-2002, 06:38 AM

Jzr's rear spoiler also reminds me of those things on dirt track (?Outlaw) oval racers.

What front splitter is being used? Found it... RM Racing.

Quick Reply: Q: for people that have gone fast with a big rear wing