S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Project Mu HC+

Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Mu HC+

I am trying to find out if anyone is using or used Project Mu HC+ on track.

I am considering Project Mu Hc+ vs Project Mu CRs , please share your experience with these brakes pads. (Either one is fine)

This application will be used for track driving in mind so chime in if you know these brakes performance on track.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HC+ is an older compound. Use the CR.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:27 PM
ITR

Club Racer is horrible, I worn >50% within 3 hours of lapping (~100km). Initial bite is decent. The pad material is very soft, noticeable dust everywhere even after stopping on the street! In addition, the pads worn uneven from left to right pad in same caliper! I was told this is from "trail braking"....ummmm

For the money, stay away from this product. If you are serious about tracking, go with a brand that sponsors racing (i.e. Hawk, PFC, etc).
Old 09-11-2012, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by ITR
Club Racer is horrible, I worn >50% within 3 hours of lapping (~100km). Initial bite is decent. The pad material is very soft, noticeable dust everywhere even after stopping on the street! In addition, the pads worn uneven from left to right pad in same caliper! I was told this is from "trail braking"....ummmm

For the money, stay away from this product. If you are serious about tracking, go with a brand that sponsors racing (i.e. Hawk, PFC, etc).

what do you use now, and did all those problems go away with just pad change?

thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 PM
ITR

Originally Posted by tlee1234
Originally Posted by ITR' timestamp='1347406043' post='22004970

what do you use now, and did all those problems go away with just pad change?

thanks
PFC97 FTW! Endurance compound, been around for years. I am down to about 50% after 4 lapping/track days. Drawbacks include 1) squealing on street 2) lots of brake dust but easy to clean 3) I cracked my front rotors with these pads

A local track here is really brutal on brakes so I will eventually need BBK or I need to have longgggggg cool down period between runs.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:09 PM

who did you buy the pads from? these have been my last 3 sets of brake pads. i like them. 3 sets of fronts have lasted me nearly 2 years. i go thru the rears a lot slower.. i think im only on my 2nd set.

maybe im a little less aggressive on brakes. I dont crack rotors like some people on here.. but my times arent too far off from the fastest guys to make that much of a pad difference.

I may move up to the project Mu 999s for my next set. i have a semi sponsorship for motoIQ.com race series with mackin now

Originally Posted by ITR

Old 09-11-2012, 07:22 PM
ITR

Originally Posted by rockstar garage
who did you buy the pads from? these have been my last 3 sets of brake pads. i like them. 3 sets of fronts have lasted me nearly 2 years. i go thru the rears a lot slower.. i think im only on my 2nd set.

maybe im a little less aggressive on brakes. I dont crack rotors like some people on here.. but my times arent too far off from the fastest guys to make that much of a pad difference.

I may move up to the project Mu 999s for my next set. i have a semi sponsorship for motoIQ.com race series with mackin now

I purchased them from a local authorized retailer of Project Mu products. I was also thinking they were good product based on the feedback from this forum (but not from fellow drivers who track locally). In addition, I have been told by fellow track junkies Project Mu 999 are awesome but expensive. I have to say I was disappointed from a wear and costs perspective. They did have decent braking performance. My rears are actually carbotech XP8 which have lasted me for ~1.5 years. I have gone thru 3 different set of front pads in the meanwhile.

Cracking rotors is new to me too (maybe the PFC are harder on rotors) but I know others who have also cracked rotors at this one local track. Some tracks are easier on brakes than others. I would not say I am much harder on the brakes than other drivers.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by ITR

Do you have brake ducting? What is your tire setup?

I consider the Project Mu 999 the gold standard, but won't use it due to price...

Keep in mind pads need to be matched to rotors; some pads like "soft" rotors, while others like "hard" rotors.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:23 PM

Mike, I'm assuming you have a similar discount to mine with Albert. What pads are cheaper cost to cost? Maybe we should talk about some things this week lol
Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 AM
ITR

Originally Posted by psychoazn

Do you have brake ducting? What is your tire setup?

I consider the Project Mu 999 the gold standard, but won't use it due to price...

Keep in mind pads need to be matched to rotors; some pads like "soft" rotors, while others like "hard" rotors.
No brake ducting yet! I run either 215/245 Michelin Pilot or 235/255 NT01. But I cracked the rotors on the street tires.

I agree 999 is just too expensive.

I don't know too much about different rotor makeup, strength and compatibility to pads, etc. I can only go on experience by others who have have tried different combos. If you have some pad/rotor combination which have worked for you, please do share.

I know most OEM replacement rotors are made in China so I decided to just buy the cheapest and spend money on better pads. I have tried SOS, ATE, Honda OEM and currently running PowerSlot.

Quick Reply: Project Mu HC+