S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Piloti shoes?

Old 12-16-2003, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piloti shoes?

Can anyone give a review of Piloti driving shoes? I have noticed a few people in other forums use Piloti driving shoes and was curious if anyone around here has them or can give a review?

They are supposed to be comfortable, light and great for driving; heel toe, long distances and many rally drivers wear them as well as F1 and "others"...
Old 12-16-2003, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them, I love them. They're not too dorky to wear off track either.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:35 PM

they're basically in between normal tennis shoes and racing boots. They are closer to the tennis shoe end though i would say. They are nomex lined and the right shoe has reinforcement on the side for heel-toeing. The soles are a little too thick and too wide to be considered really good race shoes, but they are a pretty decent compromise.

-Steve
Old 12-17-2003, 03:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I use them because there is a lot of walking the paddock when I am at the track and I need support for that. I basically consider them Nomex walking shoes that work well for driving.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:16 AM

Very comfortable for both driving and walking/standing in the pits.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:40 AM

Contrary to what I have read on this board, I find the full race shoes, Driving Force by No Fear, to be much more comfortable than the Piloti's. Maybe this is not the case with other racing shoes, but the Driving Force's are so comfortable (even more than tennis shoes) that at the end of the day I keep them on while changing out wheels and pads and also drive hours home in them. Like soft, padded gloves.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rlaifatt
..., I find the full race shoes, Driving Force by No Fear, to be much more comfortable than the Piloti's.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cdelena
Old 12-17-2003, 12:39 PM

Pilotis are a well-made product, and as others have indicated they are a little more rigid that a full racing boot. For myself I prefer a full racing boot, I like the thinner sole, it helps me to actually grip the brake pedal with my toes, a part of my heal toe technique.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:14 PM

I have Piloti DTMs... I don't love them or hate them. I was hoping for something that would have a more noticeable difference from regular sneakers, so I was a little disappointed. They are definitely a little on the thick/rigid side. I think if I wore them to walk around in more, they would break in more and be better overall... But they're yellow/blue and I think the girls I know would stop talking to me if they ever saw me walking around in public in them.

I'm not really the best person to give advice on this kind of thing - I have big ol' size 13 feet, so when I work the pedals, it's not like I have much trouble spanning between the brake and the gas to heal toe anyway. It's more like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.

Quick Reply: Piloti shoes?