S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Pedal covers for heel and toe

Old 11-10-2003, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pedal covers for heel and toe

Any suggestion on what, where, how much would be greatly appreciated. I think I'll try this route before I'll bend the gas pedal.
Depending on the price, of course .
Thanks,
George
Old 11-11-2003, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a set on E-bay for about $20. Sorry, can't remember the brand name. but the gap is about 1" less now, and I never miss the blips anymore. This worked well for me. Mine are silver with horizontal rubber pads; the brake pad is a little bigger than stock, and the gas pad kinda juts over to the left.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:45 AM

I'd be interested in those as well. Really just one for the brake pedal to make it a bit closer to the gas.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:20 AM

I wouldn't mess with the brake pedal instead of the gas pedal. Braking is more important than blipping coming hard into a corner, and you should have the ball of your foot over the center of the pedal no matter how big the pedal, so a bigger brake pedal won't help (may actually hinder). If you modify anything, it should be the gas pedal.
I find that the times that I mess up on the blip it's because I am not firmly over the center of the brake pedal, and so it's natural to be a bit tentative in bending my heel over to the gas being worried that my foot may slip off the brake pedal. I'd suggest trying this fix first.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm interested as well, but need to know where to get one that will fit.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:19 AM

I was just going to use the gas pedal cap, but it changed the height of the pedal too much (i.e., the face of the gas pedal is about 1/2 inch higher with the cap on). So I had to put the cap on the brake pedal so that both of them lined up like they did before. Anyway, I like the setup.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:23 AM

I find the pedal placement to be perfect in stock form, and I'm the fattest, most inflexible lardass ever to drive an S2000. When you're breaking hard, do you still have trouble blipping? If the brake pedal is not depressed far enough, the gas pedal is not lined up correctly. It is very difficult to heal/toe when braking leisurely.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by payneinthe
I find the pedal placement to be perfect in stock form, and I'm the fattest, most inflexible lardass ever to drive an S2000.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:16 AM

When you're breaking hard, do you still have trouble blipping? If the brake pedal is not depressed far enough, the gas pedal is not lined up correctly.
With the stock pedals, I occassionally missed the gas pedal with the blip (once or twice in a day at the track). I haven't missed once since putting on the caps. With just the gas pedal cover on, I kept hitting the side of the cap as I rotated my heel over (under heavy braking).

The cap on my brake pedal is just a cap with about 1/8" overhang all the way around the stock pedal, so it's still centered. I'm just much happier with this setup; I don't think about the heel/toe anymore, I used to have to concetrate on it so as not to miss.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:33 AM

jvils, covering the brake pedal to make it even in height to a covered gas pedal is fine. I was responding to the earlier post that wanted to cover the brake with a larger cover to make it easier to reach the gas pedal.
I almost went to modifying my pedals until I analyzed why I was missing the blip only occasionally, and concluded it was my error (not planting ball of foot on center of pedal), not the pedals. I also concluded that if I did something that would hide (not correct) my errors, that my driving would not improve and that a sloppy technique could become a habit.

Quick Reply: Pedal covers for heel and toe