S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

National Street Tire Challenge Sep 12th

Old 05-21-2009, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National Street Tire Challenge Sep 12th

The Milwaukee Region SCCA is trying to start a new national level autocross event that will be open to only street tire competitors. Ultimately they are trying to make it possible for street tire drivers to win their classes. Street tire has been getting more competitive and very newbie friendly so i thought i would post this.

Quote from Bart (one of the organizers)
Saturday September 12, 2009

The Milwaukee Region will be running a special Sports Car Club of America sanctioned event open only to cars running street tires. The purpose is to provide a unique event where competition for top index honors is open exclusively to those running street tires, and show support to those people who arrive and drive on their street tires. The event will be held in Milwaukee, WI at Miller Park.

* Street Tires are defined as tires which have a minimum tread wear rating of 140.
Classes
Each car will receive a multiplier base on the RTP/PAX Index based the current SCCA Solo Rulebook (excluding the Street Touring classes). Vehicles will be divided into one of the three competition classes offered at this event; FWD (front wheel drive), AWD (All wheel drive), or RWD (rear wheel driving). Final positions in class will be determined by multiplying your top time of the day by your RTP/PAX index, fastest time winning.
Examples of Car Classification:
If you are running a stock 2007 Corvette Z06 (which is classed in SS) you would be running in the RWD class with a SS index multiplier.

If you are driving a 1993 Honda Civic prepped to Street Prepared rules and normally run in FSP you will be racing in FWD with a FSP index multiplier.

If you normally drive your modified Subaru WRX STi in Street Touring Ultra, you will have to find the appropriate Street Prepared class which your car would run, in this case BSP since the Street Touring classes are not allowed to be used as multipliers, and you will race in AWD with a BSP index multiplier.

Eligible Participants
The event is open to everyone running on Street Tires. As with all Milwaukee Region events, SCCA membership is required. A special weekend membership is available for onsite non-members. As a bonus, there is a regular Milwaukee Region event scheduled on Sunday the 13th.

Entry Fees:
$40 Online Pre-Registration (SCCA Members Only
http://register.scca-milwaukee.org/ )
$45 Onsite Annual SCCA Members
$55 Onsite Non-Members

All entrants will receive an event t-shirt to show off to all of your friends!

Logistics:
The event will be run just like all Milwaukee Region events, meaning you can expect a great course design on one of the premier sites, smooth operations, and a fun day. The number of runs will be determined by the event attendance, but we strive for a total of 6 runs (3 morning and 3 afternoon).

Trophies
We will award trophies as per the SCCA rule book, with special trophies to the top finishers in FWD, AWD, and RWD classes, and to the competitor who has the fastest RTP/PAX index time.

Food:
As with all Milwaukee Region events in 2009, lunch will be available on-site for purchase from Cousins Subs.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:01 AM

Ahhhh Miller Park. I really miss that place. I ran R-class a bunch of times, and I'd be there in a heatbeat if I still lived in Chicago. I don't think I was ever beat...

So is Bridgestone giving out prizes at this thing? That'd be nice, and attract some more out-o-towners.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:02 PM

I dono about anything special but we are trying to get as many people pre registered so we can bring on more sponsors I think i will be a blast!!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:06 AM

this looks really cool.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 AM

looks like this is the weekend after the National Championship!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

PilotSH (or anyone with some trophies) - you're more than welcome to co-drive my car if you can make your way in town. I need to break through a plateau and I think having a good codriver and some data logging would help me do that.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would be there if it was closer. Since it's the week after Nationals, I will need my rest! I love the idea of this though!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:16 PM

i dont run race tires yet so not going to nationals lol
Old 07-03-2009, 09:22 AM

quick bump