S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

my video at thill

Old 05-23-2006, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my video at thill

link!

i just added a speedometer on the video but now its like 50mb. anyone have any ideas so i can see the speedo easily when i record?

also, my camera mount is basically just a mount screwed into the area where the windscreen is and it seems to get shaken up a lot if you see the video. any ideas of how to make it not shake as much? thanks

vid of the 7th session

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq2qQRVnmW0
Old 05-23-2006, 05:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice video enjoyed it
Old 05-23-2006, 05:25 PM

Cool! Are you just enhancing a piece of the image to get the speedometer? It works pretty well, except when your hand blocks it. I love seeing the tach hitting those unbelievable (to the rest of us) revs.

The main image goes black at about the ten minute mark for me, but the insert piece stays there.

YouTube or Google Video will compress your file down to manageable size, but you'll lose some of the visual clarity.

You can use a data logger's output to add an animated speedometer, or you could use a picture-in-picture box and two cameras to show a close-up of the speedo. (Or you could get a cheap handheld GPS and somehow get the screen into the shot?)

Here's one of my laps at Thunderhill, courtesy of YouTube. I use a picture-in-picture box so you can see the drivers hands and feet (sort of), and put the other camera out back on the wing.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=JackOlsen,May 23 2006, 05:25 PM] Cool!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ericshun,May 23 2006, 05:45 PM
think my best laps around there were around 2:20s hopefully when i get the s/c i can shave a few seconds
You will. Dennis (who goes by 'Nobody' on this board) kicks my butt in his blown S2000.

Never underestimate what four cylinders and two liters can do.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jack. You going to RF this weekend? Race? I hope so. I should be ready to pass tech, but I'm not sure if my tires will last two days, plus the drive there and back. Gonna have to figure out how to get two spare tires in my car AND figure out how to get 'em changed on Sat. if they cord.

As for the SC ericshun, it won't help you very much. My lap times remained almost unchanged when I went FI. If you want better lap times 1) get to as many track days as you can 2) Get a set of RAs if you don't have 'em 3) make sure you're running full race pads w/race fluid and a complete flush of your brake system. If you already have 2 & 3 and are pullin' 2:20s, come to the next TH event with me and I'll help you knock 10 sec. off your time and I'll only charge you 1/2 of the price of a SC.

SC is great for the street and definitely helps drop times once you get good, but if your lines are off and you're just not pushing it even close to the limit a SC ain't gonna do much.

What ~10 track TH days and completely destroying the resale value of your car with mods will do for lap times/competitiveness:

TH Video
Old 05-23-2006, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nobody,May 23 2006, 09:41 PM
Hey Jack. You going to RF this weekend? Race? I hope so. I should be ready to pass tech, but I'm not sure if my tires will last two days, plus the drive there and back. Gonna have to figure out how to get two spare tires in my car AND figure out how to get 'em changed on Sat. if they cord.

As for the SC ericshun, it won't help you very much. My lap times remained almost unchanged when I went FI. If you want better lap times 1) get to as many track days as you can 2) Get a set of RAs if you don't have 'em 3) make sure you're running full race pads w/race fluid and a complete flush of your brake system. If you already have 2 & 3 and are pullin' 2:20s, come to the next TH event with me and I'll help you knock 10 sec. off your time and I'll only charge you 1/2 of the price of a SC.

SC is great for the street and definitely helps drop times once you get good, but if your lines are off and you're just not pushing it even close to the limit a SC ain't gonna do much.

What ~10 track TH days and completely destroying the resale value of your car with mods will do for lap times/competitiveness:

TH Video
yah i figured the s/c may not really help that much since it'll only help me go faster in the straights. but i guess it may be helpful because i wont need to change gears in some places because of more power?

i'm running ATE super blue for my brake fluid and it still seems to boil when i go. is that normal? the pedal was so mushy and soft after haha.

i'm still running s02s but that will be fun to get out and try to follow you i'm running in group 2 though haha
Old 05-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need a thorough brake bleed. The race fluid you have isn't boiling--you've most likely got just a pinch of air trapped in the lines and when it heats up it expands 10x.

As for changing gears....best upgrade for reducing gear changes is buying a Z06....SC or not, you're gonna row 25 times per lap SC or no SC. There's 3-4 'straights" at TH where more power will reduce your lap times. There's 14 places that proper line and confidence in grip will reduce your lap times and increase your straight line speed. The former costs $5K and the latter is free.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:05 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

to me it seems like you are not using all of the track. you are not exiting wide enough to maximize the amount of speed you can carry in and out of the turn. i hope to make it out to Thill within the next few months
Old 05-24-2006, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Nobody,May 23 2006, 11:12 PM
You need a thorough brake bleed. The race fluid you have isn't boiling--you've most likely got just a pinch of air trapped in the lines and when it heats up it expands 10x.

As for changing gears....best upgrade for reducing gear changes is buying a Z06....SC or not, you're gonna row 25 times per lap SC or no SC. There's 3-4 'straights" at TH where more power will reduce your lap times. There's 14 places that proper line and confidence in grip will reduce your lap times and increase your straight line speed. The former costs $5K and the latter is free.
how should i try to get rid of this air now?

i just think the s/c will help because a lot of the times it would help to be in a lower gear, but its just a hassle to have to go into it and then rev the rpms for a little and have to change gears again

Quick Reply: my video at thill