S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Modifry windscreen camera mounts

Old 12-07-2012, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Just picked one of these up. Nice product, the secret compartment definitely needs some rubber bumpers added to avoid crazy rattling sounds dramatically picked up by a mounted go pro, so I am looking into doing that today. A simple quick workaround is putting a micro fiber cloth over the latches of the glove box and secret compartments, so they close up nice and tight. Also make sure to remove any loose items from the secret compartment that might rattle around and transmit sound to the camera mic.

I have been wanting to try a setup using a proper external sound recorder as well. GoPro mic is decent under certain circumstances but no comparison to a real mic setup.
dang shoulda told me, i have mine for sale now that i cant use it
Old 12-08-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker
dang shoulda told me, i have mine for sale now that i cant use it
Yeah wish I would have, I kind of ordered it on a whim though. It is a shame how bad the sound is from a GoPro mounted in this position though. I picked up a dedicated pro sound recorder (Tascam DR-100MKII) that I secure in the cargo net, and after some testing last night, the results are excellent! So nice to get proper sound from the car, something that is a better representation of what the driver is actually experiencing.

Did you do anything to the glove box and secret compartment doors to help keep them from sending rattling noises straight through the mount into the camera? I am thinking about getting some little rubber stoppers to mount on the glove box door to help keep it from moving side to side, and some for the secret compartment door to help remove a bit of vibration as well.

The video from the mount actually looks very nice though, very happy with my purchase! It is also really nice to be able to just reach back while driving with one hand to remove the camera if necessary as well.

(scaled down in video editor so the quality from the camera is a bit better and obviously my speedometer is in km/h not mph... yeah, km/h... )