S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Making my car an S2000 race car

Old 01-04-2004, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

must not go the DARK SIDE.....help!!!

have offer, connection and sponsership base to build no holds bar FWD honda challenge entry...."cheap"(compared to S2K) fender munching fun......may not be able to resist.....argggh

SF1nkterIntegra
Old 01-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doh! Aaron man why you go dark side leave me on light side whit no friends

I feel an intense sucking feeling over to the darkness and hear a sucking sound coming from my wallet. Sorry mom, looks like I'm gonna blow your lifetime of savings on car parts

I just bought a library of race car prep and engineering books and I've already finished one. Could this be the beginning of the end?
Old 01-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cthree
Doh! Aaron man why you go dark side leave me on light side whit no friends

I feel an intense sucking feeling over to the darkness and hear a sucking sound coming from my wallet. Sorry mom, looks like I'm gonna blow your lifetime of savings on car parts

I just bought a library of race car prep and engineering books and I've already finished one. Could this be the beginning of the end?
Be strong man! Resist the temptation!

Besides, who will I have left to play with?
Old 01-04-2004, 08:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ludedude
Looks good Scot.

From personal experience I'd suggest that you do the brake ducts ASAP.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by Ludedude

Besides, who will I have left to play with?
The thought of this might scare me into Umlimited too
Old 01-04-2004, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richard, I dont know about the other days but TH and LS were cool enough that that could have been the main difference from previous experience.

At LS on Ry's car the brakes had time enough to cool between T2 and T8 that the brakes would squeal at T8.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:52 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by davepk
Richard,
Old 01-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not sure how keeping seal intact equates to good brake performance. The only time I've seen seal get melted is when you run pads to close to the backing plates. You're not wearing your pads down and that is likely the reason your seals are still fine.

If your pads actually lasted for 13 track days, your running a compound that is -way- too hard and is probably spec'd for endurance racing. So its most likely you're running a compound that you could gain quite a bit of additional brake performance if you went to something that was used up a bit quicker. If your pads last forever, your likely not utilizing your brakes anywhere near their full potenial as your pads aren't getting up to optimal temp.

Its like tires. You can run a really hard compound that might last for 10 track days, but because you never get it to temp you aren't using the tire anywhere near its potential. If you go to a softer compound you're going to gain a lot more performance and will sacrifice longevity.

IMO of course.
-Ry
Old 01-05-2004, 08:54 AM

Ry,
You are probably right about sacrificing performance for longevity, though I have heard others say the the PFC97's perform decently. When I get the ducting installed, I'll try the Cobalts and compare performance. Would be nice if my times could be improved with different pads .
Old 01-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wasn't trying to imply that cobalt is the answer tho I do think they are a very good pad.

Just that if your running pad that lasts that long you should try other compounds too since its longevity usually means the compound was made for endurance racing where life is more important than raw performace.

Quick Reply: Making my car an S2000 race car