S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Losing Weight

Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, lots of good input on this thread. Thank you. I just watched my videos and they really aren't great.. I have very little free time these days, but I definitely need to step it up. This past monday, at two weeks into the diet, I was down to 191 lb. This means that I am not eating enough for my activity level. It is important for me to lose weight slowly so that I maintain muscle mass. Having a good amount of strength helps out a lot when I am working on cars or when I have to move around heavy construction plans at my job.

The reason I lost weight too quickly is that I have been estimating my calories rather than writing them down. One thing I added to my diet was a beer to get my calorie count up where I need it Is it bad to drink beer? Not as bad as people would have you believe. Most importantly, I like having a beer when I come home from a long day.

The only diet that works is the one that you follow and stick to. Mine has beer in it because I like beer and I made room for the extra calories. Same thing with your workout plan. I see a lot of people on this thread getting their workout done in different ways which is great! I will also share with you how I train, but it is still important to find what works for you. If you don't like it or you don't have the drive to do it...then don't do it. Just enjoy your life!

I plan to film what I eat throughout the day tomorrow so you can get a picture of meal planning and making choices when you have to buy your food while you are on the run. Tomorrow is a particularly busy day.. so it should be interesting. Thanks everyone!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How is drinking beer good, its terrible for your metabolism thus weight loss and un complex carbs.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markhs2
Originally Posted by BowlofRice' timestamp='1343077074' post='21883068
I now have 2 full marathons under my belt. Since running is the most inefficient body movement it burns the most calorie per minute.
Moto cross burns huge calories.

Ocean swimming makes running seem like nothing in terms of burned calories. The combination of 60ish degree water and a hard 1 mile or more swim burns massive calories. Go boogie boarding if you don't like swimming hard, it's a hell of a lot more fun than running. The scenery is a lot better as well.

Take up water polo that kicks running in the A$$ as well.
To each their own I guess. Easier to go running then finding the nearest body of water. Either way it's all about calorie deficit and getting the right nutrients and to still function normally.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:31 PM

I have tried many different methods, low calories, low fat, working out, running, etc.. Low carb is the only thing that works for me that is sustainable with my available time in life. I must admit i cannot keep up with routine workouts and this method still works where i can lose about 1lb per week. Plus being an engineer the method i follow has to make sense to me. If it only works some of the time then i do not believe it is right. This video changed my mind about low carb due to the well thought out scientific approach he took to support it. Find the time to watch the whole thing with anyone you care about that is overweight. It has changed my family's life. It was getting crazy, both me and my wife would eat very healthy and she works out religiously a lot more than me and we both used to have trouble keeping weight off. Not anymore.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4362041487661765149

Paleo method is what we have chosen to follow in our household, but we are not a die hard where i cut dairy. Here is the 1,2,3 short version
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uCFZoqmKf5M
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
Old 07-28-2012, 12:55 AM

can i attach these stimulators to my arms and legs at work and while sleeping?

<----Lazy ass

http://www.amazon.com/Slendertone-Fl...cle+stimulator
Old 07-28-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aristoi
Paleo method is what we have chosen to follow in our household, but we are not a die hard where i cut dairy.
My wife and I cycle onto Paleo and then off again. We cycle like this really because I find it to be a very hard diet to execute (but easy to understand and justify). Seems that everything in the world is infiltrated with industrial grains or dairy, except for the produce section and grassfed meat section. When we put the effort in to maintain the diet, the lbs come off and it truly feels that my metabolize goes way up. I was initially worried about ketosis when first trying it 2 years ago, but seeing my metabolism go up in parallel has quelled those fears.

I find dairy one of the hardest things to cut (because I love cheese so much). I can't stay happy being so strict I never enjoy a beer. I also still struggle with some of the Paleo concepts, such as "no legumes".

(FYI, I am also an engineer and fascinated by genetics and evolution. Read Robb Wolfe's book. He talks to the technical geeks rather than the layman)

Paleo, to me, seems to have scientifically looked at human needs and design the "perfect diet" for our genetics, however a member on here once mentioned to me one important aspect that should be accounted for. Our genetics evolved to carry us through a lifespan of approximately 30 years. Living significantly beyond that is a new thing which, may require some special support to optimize.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:53 PM

Im 6' 200. I have always struggled on the being a bit to heavy side. As of this time last year i was prob about 230. Since then i have started really being concious of what i eat...lots of quinoa and veggies now. I also work out more. Now im atleast comfortable but i could even stand to lose ten more and put on more muscle
Old 07-29-2012, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by s2konroids
How is drinking beer good, its terrible for your metabolism thus weight loss and un complex carbs.
Yes it is bad for your metabolism. I had a lagunitas IPA last night - 180 calories and 12.8g carbs. Totally worth it. My point was that the only diet that works is the one that you stick to. If you make your diet a chore... your life is going to be miserable.

I am not a body builder or an athlete. I don't want to be the guy/girl who says "I am on a diet. Do you know the effects that beer has on my metabolism?" when someone offers me a beer. I'm going to take the beer and be glad that I have the opportunity to drink it. Remember that there are sober children all over the world who would want that beer
Old 07-29-2012, 03:21 PM

Current estimated weight loss: 7lbs

Sample day of calorie tracking. I am just counting what I eat in this video. I am shooting for 2700 cal/day.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncxBwUCBG24&list=UUHokmwhYA1sTHbBLxSpPZtA& index=1&feature=plcp[/media]
Old 07-30-2012, 08:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zentrose
Originally Posted by s2konroids' timestamp='1343402627' post='21893664
Yes it is bad for your metabolism. I had a lagunitas IPA last night - 180 calories and 12.8g carbs. Totally worth it. My point was that the only diet that works is the one that you stick to. If you make your diet a chore... your life is going to be miserable.

I am not a body builder or an athlete. I don't want to be the guy/girl who says "I am on a diet. Do you know the effects that beer has on my metabolism?" when someone offers me a beer. I'm going to take the beer and be glad that I have the opportunity to drink it. Remember that there are sober children all over the world who would want that beer
Absolutely i agree i had a shit meal or 2 only once a week to keep me sane

I do bodybuilding and have been out of it for a while due to shoulder injury, I'm currently through a cutting phase so know all about losing fat etc for me though its about retaining muscle as much muscle but losing as much fat and its a very difficult diet and i eat about 20g of carbs with each meal at the moment but still 200g (raw) protein.

Its bloody hard

Quick Reply: Losing Weight