S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Let the SD NT trash talking commence...

Old 02-19-2004, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I think those reasons are Steve's. If you notice, Steve didn't run any ProSolos last year, either.

My reasons look very similar, however. I've ended up bagging the idea of running even a limited ProSolo schedule due to a lack of time.

Andy
Old 02-20-2004, 09:20 AM

Unfortunately it looks like I'll miss out on SD this year- it was my first national level event in 2001 and I haven't missed it since. It has always been my *favorite* event, probably even more so than Nationals, so I highly encourage anyone who can to try it.

I'd be woefully unprepared in the Honda, can't even find wheels yet. I've only had one event- in the rain, and another this weekend- probably in the rain as well. I considered running Chris McKinney's MR2 for old time's sake, but even she's running a different car. Alas I have decided the combination of another SFR event to familiarize myself with the car (and re-acquaint myself with ABS and power steering) plus the MRIU event in Alameda are enough to keep me home.

I wish everyone who is going the best of luck and a safe trip if you're making one.

Peter
Old 02-20-2004, 02:30 PM

If it helps, I've got a set of SSR Integral wheels that I'm ready to part with. They're 17's, but I doubt their stock legal. They would allow you to put race tires on your stock wheels and your street tires on these. These are the wheels that Andy McKee used as daily driver wheels on his car. They look nice, but they're a pain in my ass. EVERYTHING else I own is a 16 (for all 3 vehicles) and having one oddball set is bugging me.

If your interested, drop me a line.

Andy H.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:46 PM

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I remember those wheels, before Zeke they were on his IS300, and they do look nice on the S2000. I still have that new car thing going though, and I really like the way my OEM wheels look on the car. I also considered borrowing a set of someone's extra OEM 16s to run on the street, but it hasn't come to that yet. If I could just find a pair of rear '97+ NSX rims, I could probably run TSX rims for the front and have possibly the worst looking set of mismatched wheels ever!

I'll let you know if I'm interested in the SSRs.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 02-21-2004, 05:07 PM

A little more info on the SSR's.

17 x 7 with a 45mm offset, all 4 of them are like that. They also use special lug nuts with a special tool.

Andy H.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:43 AM

Looks like the San Bernardino Pro now has a class!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey payneinthe -- you might want to give your codriver a nudge, as the Tour's sneaking up on its entry cap (not to mention late registration penalties will start soon). Likewise, if anyone runs into Mitch, they might want to remind him as well.

Even with those two, that only makes for twelve entrants; pretty weak compared to AS's 24...

Steve
Old 02-25-2004, 12:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PedalFaster
Hey payneinthe -- you might want to give your codriver a nudge, as the Tour's sneaking up on its entry cap (not to mention late registration penalties will start soon).
Old 02-27-2004, 12:40 PM

Just checked the entry list, we have a BMW in the class. So now, we have 13 entries in BS.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:43 PM

Damnit. WHO LET TEAMZ4 INTO OUR PARTY?

Is he really co-driving with Goeke, or are the car numbers just wacked?

Tony

P.S. I had just clicked the link to find this thread to say the same thing. Vincent beat me. That'll be the last time he does that!!!!

Quick Reply: Let the SD NT trash talking commence...