S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Koni Yellow questions

Old 09-25-2003, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Koni Yellow questions

I've put Koni yellows in another car and was very happy with the ride and added control. I want to do the same to the S but I was thinking of keeping the stock springs and ride height due to the roads in the city. Has anyone put koni's on with stock springs? How's the ride? Any problems? Any other recommendations?
Old 09-25-2003, 07:53 PM
dpf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good question. let me know if you get any replies.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Banned

I have the Konis but I installed a set of KG/MM Super Sport springs at the same time. Wish I could help you with exactly what you are looking for. But, I am completely satisfied with my set up. I am sure you will be happy with these shocks and the stock springs. The shocks have much more affect on ride than the springs do so you can expect quite an increase in ride quality while you improve your handling. to Koni Shocks!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:25 AM

I guess most people swap the springs at the same time... Any other northeast big city S2k's out there?? What suspension mods have you done?
Old 09-27-2003, 08:15 AM

bump...
Old 09-27-2003, 11:30 AM

You may want to post this over in Racing and Competition. B-Stock autocross class does not allow springs to be changed, but shock changes are allowed. Several people over there have had the Koni Sports on stock springs.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:09 PM

Moving to Racing and Comp for better response..
Old 09-27-2003, 03:34 PM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm running koni yellows on the stock springs and I'm very happy with them. They don't offer the level of control the high $ shocks do but bang for the buck I like em. The ride on the street (what little street use my car sees) is noticeably softer then the stock shocks as well as on the track. They feel like they have a little more roll to them. Nothing bad but I've had many people mention that my car looks like it's dancing on one wheel on the track. The difference in Handling isn't one of Improved grip or responce they simply allow you to have a little more confidence in the car. You can more easily drive it to the limit and often times past the limit and remain in control.
Ian
Old 09-27-2003, 06:57 PM

I'm surprised the ride is softer then stock! The koni's I put into my Acura set on a low level were stiffer then stock. But the ride was better because there was a noticeable increase in control. Body roll was also reduced quite a bit. What setting do you have your shocks on???
Old 09-27-2003, 10:35 PM

I've been considering shocks or coilovers forever. Please help me. Its between buddy clubs and konis right now. I run stock shocks with kg/mm race springs so if I go shocks, I'll run them with kg/mm race springs. I never really track but do a lot of street and canyon driving.

tks

Quick Reply: Koni Yellow questions