S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

J'S front roll centre adjusters with camber plates

Old 05-09-2014 | 01:00 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by gptoyz
I agree that's what the verbiage of the advertisement says on every single go fast parts site, however a rep for speed freaks has insisted that the red version offset joints has built in RCA

In any case does anyone know why Js advertisements specify that the s1 increases camber from -2 to -5 degrees? How the heck is this possible, if it's static camber gain? After all, the body of the balljoint is offset it's not like the actual balljoint itself is eccentric

Also I don't know anyone who has remotely come close -5 degrees, is this value even possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The verbage on Gotuning's site is COMPLETELY WRONG. They clarified very nicely awhile back, I have tried to get them to update their site with the correct info..

J's doesn't advertise what you guys are saying they advertise or what Gotuning advertises.

The S1 and S2 joints DO have 9mm of roll center adjustment built in. It is easy to see this comparing it to the stock joint.

In fact, the J's Racing USA site doesn't even advertise correctly, while the Japanese site does... pretty damn annoying.

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js2/index....1-S1&xKEYWORD=

Even a poorly translated version of this info is better than what is on GoTuning's website:

"Camber angle joints popular fully remodeled.

J's RACING S2000 knowledge developed by the most recent geometry parts are.

Knuckle at the bottom ball joint parts eccentric structure which enables front negative camber. Can be when cornering efficiency good tire to ground and eliminate the lack of camber during circuit driving. Improve cornering speed to raise the limit, greatly contributes to the up time.

As a new feature, Adjuster functions added for hard.

Than the height of the genuine to properly arm angle when lowered ride height, you increase the thickness 9 mm, brings the various effects, such as improved handling and cornering stability. Can this product alone could not and does not add the ロールセンターアジャ star plate in conventional geometry correction.

To your height by adding an ロールセンターアジャ star plate sold separately, roll Center adjustment. Has realized a wide range of ジオメトリーセッティング.

Ranging from Street Circuit response.

S2000 sports driving at is the essential part.

Camber of the S2000, stock adjustment value + 1 ° amended

Adjustment range ( camber ) 1 ° to 3 ° (change the height the)

Recommended for proper ride height approx. 30 mm or height down car."
Old 05-10-2014 | 01:42 AM

For the record, I was also able to get -2* front camber with my OEM 2008 suspension, without lowering caster below 5.5*. If I would give up some caster, I am pretty sure I would be able to get -2.5* also.
Old 05-10-2014 | 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Again, there is no such thing as a J's front roll center adjuster without camber offset. You have the S1, which is a less aggressive of an offset than the S2 you saw in the picture posted by another user.

The information you listed about the J's S1 joint adding 2-3 degrees is also incorrect.

http://www.j-sracingusa.com/jsusa/in...1-S1&xKEYWORD=

Here is the S1 joint:

Here is the S2 joint:

It isn't that complicated.

Thank you so much for he photos!!!!

As I told you before, the mistake was made by me with my order. Some sites estimate that with the s1 you can go max -5camber, that's why I ordered s1. But it seems some dealers don't know what they sell!!!
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm..._Code=JS_RCADJ
http://www.nengun.com/js-racing/camber-joint

..there is no way s1 with so little offset to go 5deggrees. It max out at 3 degree at the best and with very low ride height. So s2 is the only way, if you want to go 3+ degree!!!

Thank you guys!!!!
Old 05-10-2014 | 05:45 AM
Former Moderator

If you could get -2.5 camber on your stock suspension then you should be able to get more than -3.5 with a correctly installed S1 and a 1 inch suspension drop. Before replacing the S1s I'd pull a wheel off and verify which way it's offset. If it is installed correctly I'd consider taking the car to another alignment shop--maybe your guy doesn't understand how the camber and caster adjustments interact.
Old 05-11-2014 | 02:56 PM
10 Year Member

Just wanted to add. You seem to be using a 12mm roll center correction plate on a s1 joint that already has 9mm or roll center correction built in so 21mm of correction total. That is likely more than is needed if the car is only lowered 1".

Anyone know how much of an effect the roll center correction would have on camber if any?
Old 05-12-2014 | 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Just wanted to add. You seem to be using a 12mm roll center correction plate on a s1 joint that already has 9mm or roll center correction built in so 21mm of correction total. That is likely more than is needed if the car is only lowered 1".

Anyone know how much of an effect the roll center correction would have on camber if any?
Do you beileive that by removing the plate, it will be possible to obtain more camber?

Guys I honestly don't remember how low is the car compare the oem ride height. Can someone remember to tell me how much is the oem ride height??? The other way is to tell me from which spot to measure, so I can tell you some numbers and to figure it out together, how much lower I am from the Oem ride height.

thank you again
Old 05-12-2014 | 04:15 AM

This is just copied from another thread but should give a ballpark. From wheel center to edge of fender
14 3/8ths front
14 5/8th rear
Its also been said that ap2 vs ap1 is different by a half inch.
Old 05-14-2014 | 07:05 AM

just left from my mechanic and from a different alignment guy. The rca s are correct installed and cannot go over -2,6 degrees with 6,6 caster. I believe that with 5,5 caster the camber easily will adjust to -3degree camber as j's CORRECT estimates.

Now I am waiting for the s2 ones
Old 05-14-2014 | 10:49 AM

Those are definitely more reasonable amounts. Depending on your track though you definitely don't want to be choosing between maximum caster or maximum camber...ultimately you'd like to be able to get both as an option and reduce as you need to.

Have you considered removing the roll center adjuster since we have now successfully determined that the version 2 s1 now has roll center adjustment already included?

Definitely go with s2s in any case since you can get more camber and caster.

Old 05-14-2014 | 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by gptoyz
Definitely go with s2s in any case since you can get more camber and caster.

Quick Reply: J'S front roll centre adjusters with camber plates