S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

How light have you gotten your s2k?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And that was on crappy kuhmo XS's... 295's and 255's. Would have been better off with 255 RS3's long side of 710's or A6's. But we ran an street tire multiplier this season to so that helped.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

National Tours can be extremely variable in quality of driver.

Here is an XP video. Nationally prepped. National champion driven.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JWPQ70wUVNc[/media]
Old 11-07-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by CKit

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JWPQ70wUVNc[/media]
I want to drive this!

Pictures of the car in the video posted above taken the same day of as the video was made. The car is amazing! (Jason- I'll take these down if you want me to just let me know)

Old 11-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blackbndt
Yes I need to learn more on the classes. And pax too, I think I got 3rd in pax last event.
Also would like to point out that you have to add ~ 1.5 seconds time to properly class yourself in XP.

Hey, we could all be #1 PAX if we didn't look at the rules and gave ourselves an H-stock multiplier!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Former Moderator

Also also would like to point out that this thread is exactly how joshowens started out in this subforum and he came around great!

It's kind of a rite of passage. Those who get it work on their driving and wind up going to stock-ish cars for the driver challenge. Those that don't wind up HPDE thugs and street racers.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:54 PM

Also also would like to point out that this thread is exactly how joshowens started out in this subforum and he came around great!
True Story

My advice, put the car back to stock,run stock class or prep for STR and work on driving. If your just going out to have fun and don't care about winning then do as you please with the car. Honestly if I did it all over again I would of saved my money until I could buy the best car for stock class and work on my driving. A BS car on hooisers still raw times a prepped STR car. Stock class takes out most of the car prep factor and makes it all about a drivers race. I like the feeling of knowing I out drove someone much more then the feeling of I had a better/more prepped car then someone. I've even seen a Stock class car on street tires (RTR car) raw time half of the STR class at a tour. Driving the car is 80% of the game, the other 20% being car prep.

goodluck,

Josh Owens
Old 11-07-2012, 07:56 PM

Okay I normally just lurk but this post had me LOLing

And I suppose I should add that I don't mean any harm in this comment... I just found it funny. Lord knows I've been driving for several years now and my skills leave a lot to be desired. So these beers are really strong, maybe I should step away from the keyboard...
Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 PM

I appreciate all the advice guys. Gives me some things to think about.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 PM

That things a beast
Old 11-07-2012, 08:49 PM

FP with those mods and weight...

Since you have removed the sound goop....its going to be a major pain in the ass to get the car legal for anything lower than Prepared. Realistically, you need to get the car below 2000lbs to play at Nats in an NA s2000. Pretty sure the frankenstook is well below that at this point...

Quick Reply: How light have you gotten your s2k?